Change background colors in app

Just an app improvement idea, I would love if we could change screen colors in the app. When I can share and change it to the black and blue background, I would love to have my dashboard and such that color! Thanks!

134 Comments
kygator13
First Steps
I have a black charge hr band but the band color on my fitbit app for this model is the plum color. I would like to be able to change it to the actual band color you have. This would be a great customizable feature for the app.
easyrider
Recovery Runner
I would think the ability to change the screen from a negative (black) background to a positive Background (grey) a great option for users to change to suit their eye. Nike sports watch has this feature and is very handy.
ByronT
First Steps

Same here.  I have the black Charge HR - on my previous phone (iPhone 6 Plus), the Charge HR was black.  I now have a Nexus 6P and it shows with purple / plum band.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That would be a very nice option to have. I appreciate you posting your request, hopefully other users vote for it. Thanks!

Jace0910
First Steps

I would like to see that maybe in the app there is a option to change the color of the display from orange to like blue or green any color that would be great

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SolangeE
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey, that's a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing, I'm sure a lot of people would also like to edit the App's color. 

fbannie
First Steps

Totally agree!  I just got a new pink Charge HR - love the pink band but really dislike the red display.  Actually red is a difficult color for me to see - would so much rather have white display on black.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that this comes out as a software update....

Gracia77
Recovery Runner
I'd LOVE to get the purple display just like my old plum charge HR. I bought the plum Alta thinking it would also be the same and was disappointed it wasn't.
MisterBear
First Steps

Like others, I'd love a brightness setting.  I know it's not technically possible to automatically change the brightness, unless the Fitbit app polls a smartphone's ambient light sensor (COOL FEATURE IDEA #1), but having the option for it to change based on time of day would be nice.  Perhaps a night-mode as well, where it dims it and removes some of the blue...

Then, of course, the option to change colors.  I haven't yet stuck this Charge 2 under a microscope, but if it's running a standard RGB pixel type, then that's possible.  If they're just plain white LEDs, we're SOL, I'd wager.

Either way, some options to change the color/brightness would absolutely make these unbeatable! (like they're not already?  sheesh, I love mine to death)

Texascascio
First Steps

Would be nice to be able to switch Fitbit app to a dark theme instead of white.

annie1962
First Steps

I know I'm not imagining it but when I bought my first Fitbit flex I could choose a background theme! Now I can't... I asked Fitbit about this and they directed me to this forum! Boring backgrounds ☹

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

I'm not alone when I say that I'm bored of the appearance and color of the dashboard. I think we should have the option to change the color, text, add a textured background, and to top it off, possibly select a themed background.

Some examples are as follows:
Texture: Wood, Steel, Plastic, Cloth, Rubber, Gold, Silver, Diamond Studded, etc.
Themes: Marathon runner, Military, Chef, Scrap Booker, Medical Field, Student, Yoga, Carpenter, Athlete, Seamstress, Police Officer, etc. The possibilities are endless. They could even be based on specific sports teams or movies and music.

There's a lot of sports teams, professions, movie/music themes and hobbies out there, so possibly having the option to upload a theme from the Fitbit website or link could be possible.

The backgrounds and themes should be able to be customized and be as individual as their user. This sort of option would make it a little more fun and enjoyable to look at.

Some other submissions from other Fitbit users are:

"Changing the Fitbit Dashboard Background" submitted by westhacker;
"Dark background for Fitbit app" submitted by Texascascio;
"More color options for iOS app" submitted by giigo, just to name a few.

For your consideration.

JHarknett
First Steps

100% agreed. There must be more than 6 of us who want this hahah. 

Hopefully the guys working on the app hook it up on the next update 

TheNord
First Steps

I would love to be able to set the app background to black. The white hurts my eyes!

lisa5589
First Steps

Yes, the white and light blue background is getting pretty old. Time for a change.

DevinRobinson
Recovery Runner

Right! I loved my Alta but went and upgraded to the Charge 2 just for some change... and honestly it wasn't much smh.  they are so boring, if another company comes out with something similar looking as the Alta with this feature its bye-bye fitbit

Lueck767
Tempo Runner
I hope they do something. It's been years with little change to the appearance.

Sent from my iPhone
Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Agreed. I would love to change the background, color, font, and possibly add a texture or theme. 

AlfT
First Steps

It would be awesome to be able to change the back ground color.  It is hard to read with the light blue background and white font on the challenges, my eyes are getting old.

pastorelli7403
First Steps

Sounds like a great idea!

mlgreene
First Steps

Let us change the fitbit background color on the new dashboard

BluPhant
First Steps

Dark theme. This is so simple to implement. Come on fitbit make this happen. 

AccidentReport
Recovery Runner

I like this idea also. Seems odd that in sharing your stats you can use colour schemes that are not actually available in the app. Seems a little dishonest in a way that people could see your shared image and think thats what the app looks like when you use it. Can't be a hard thing to add and I agree that the bright white is not easy to look at.

Jessie2451
Jogger

Please give us the option to change background colors on the dashboard!  It not only is boring, but hard on the eyes. 

Thanks!

AdageV3
Jogger

A dark theme would be amazing!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.