Add Water via Device/Fitbit on Wrist

Like with the exercise option, have a water item in the menu on your Fitbit. For example: the option 250ml, a tap to increase to 500ml, 1l etc. then press and hold the button to add. It would make it a lot quicker to add the amount one drinks.

Moderator edit: Labels

204 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Not knowing what tracker that you have. I'll point out thzt this threads initial request did not ask about a specific tracker and was classified for a future product. 

There really are only a few trackers that this might work on without rewriting the communication end of the tracker .Blaze, Charge 2 .and Ionic. The tracker a rugby gout buttons would be impractical to implement .

Mange_J
Base Runner

Exactly those trackers I have, charge 2 and Blaze.

Ah, it makes all so clear now. It wasn't specified in the initial post... how dumb of us users to negate to specify exactly what we wanted. How on earth could we expect that you could imagine that for yourselves.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I'm not calling people dumb just pointing out things. Not being a developer I cantcasay for sure if this is posible to add to a Charhe 2 or Blaze but these are the only ones that have the ability to send a requesrrto the app. 

Mange_J
Base Runner

No need to send a request to the app. Store waterintake... not many bits needed, and on the next sync just collect it as the other data. Storage is not an issue as it can hold heartrates and steps for... what is it? a week.

Yes, I also can´t see it possible to add water intake feature to other trackers but those mentioned.

Having music stored on your wrist (ionic and others) is also a step in the same direction. To let users disconnect from the phone sometimes. Water intake is a nobrainer, nothing to consider. just do it. I also would like to have other intake on my wrist. Just as simple as adding/storing a reminder in the tracker would help tremendously, time stamp with one of the options already used in the app... breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning snack, afternoon snack and evening snack. Then on the next sync the app could remind me to add what exactly I was putting in my mouth at that stored time. This is certanly doable on the charge 2 (timestamp), blaze, ionic and newer (timestamp + additional info, snack/food/drink/whatever). The difference would be how easy it would be to add the data. Water... simple on all trackers mentioned, food/snacks doable on all, easily and expanded on blaze and newer. I could go on but am already to far from topic. 

Bottom line of this rant is... Fitbit trackers are pretty expensive and the way fitbit treats its users is.... sad. If I felt that products were supported I wouldn´t hesitate upgrading tracker when wallet allowed but as of now.... not really. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Sorry iIdont have enough knowledge of the specifics of a sync to know if it could wok that way. 

I do not know enough about a sync I know a sync is not designed to sync an apps data. but yes the app could store it and send at a later date. 

Shantali
First Steps

"Not knowing what tracker that you have. I'll point out thzt this threads initial request did not ask about a specific tracker and was classified for a future product. "
Many similar requests were consolidated into comments on this thread in December. I was one of those requesters and I wanted the feature implemented on my Charge 2. Apps cannot be installed onto Charge 2, so that's why it's important to me that the functionality be written by Fitbit. The infrastructure is there, and being a developer, I can't see it being a major change. Even if it is, the fact that Fitbit's reply to my Charge 2 functionality request is "Install a third party app" (which I can't do) is irritating.

TatterTot009
First Steps

Allow water consumption input directly from Fitbit device versus having to always go back to phone app to enter. Similar to how you start exercise you could also add water drank by pushing and holding button in 8oz increments. 

Nicki-noo
Recovery Runner

I've received the new fitbit versa, which is beautiful by the way! But i really hoped there would be an app to "quick add" favorite food items to your daily log, instead of having to open your phone, likewise with water. i hate having to open my phone just to input one extra coffee, it would be great to tick it on the watch! please add this! 😄

jespere
Recovery Runner

PLEASE let us track water via the Versa!! Quick food items is a neat idea too, but I really really want to see water tracking added. The currently available app for the iconic does NOT work.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The ionic hastwo third party apps that water may be entered through, imI'sure that the developers will be porting them over to the ionic soon .

Monique269
First Steps

It would be great if some of the features on the dashboard could be seen on the watch. For example, if you could see how much water youve entered/calories youve consumed and entered into the dashboard on a screen on the watch so that you could just check it quickly. Also reminders to drink water would be good too, similar to reminders to move but for water? Thanks 🙂

Moderator Edition Labels. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

justin.
Recovery Runner

maybe have each "tile" on dashboard appear as an "app" on the phone for quick adding?

Mange_J
Base Runner

Yeah, lets just lean back and somebody else will fix it for us. Sounds like a great plan. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Well this thread was labled for a future device and currently there are two apps on the ionic that will add water. 

So yes it looks like somebody has added this ability and I'm sure that it will be added to the versa. 

Mange_J
Base Runner

Lol, sure, whatever you say.... four years ago.

MrGlenn
Runner

As a new Fitbit convert (using the Versa) I have to say this would be a very welcome addition!

I was actually really surprised to see that quick water updates was not currently a part of the Today app, or a stand-alone app either, seems like such an obvious feature to include!

Akettler
First Steps

I would like to see the ability to track my water intake via my watch, instead of just the app! I think it would then be great for the little celebrations when I reach my goal. And maybe give badges based on equivilant gallons of lakes, rivers, and oceans around the globe!

I am a Blaze owner! So I am biased for that watch compatibility with this feature. 🙂

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
JLMD
Recovery Runner

I have a Versa and would really like this feature added.  There are third party apps, and I have tried both.  They require connection to your phone and are very slow to use.  I would like to track even when my phone isn’t near by (if I have my phone, I can easily track in the app).  This is a major miss by FitBit, please address.

benwinters
Jogger

The way I see this, the simple answer would be to give us freedom over what measurements are shown in the today app.  Make it so we can see all of them, or just the ones we want...especially including the calorie consumed and water intake!

MommieWee2015
Jogger

What about Fitbit like the charge and Blaze? Is there any way to log water intake directly from your wrist? That would be sooooo useful!

Akettler
First Steps
I have a Blaze. That is exactly what I am looking for!
Rachel-Fit
Base Runner

It’s something tha fitbit should’ve implemented themselves with the new devices. 

The third party apps are only working intermittently and I’m currently having to uninstall the app, restart my tracker and then reinstall each time I want to use them. 

cryhavocado
Jogger

I was just gifted a Fitbit Versa, and now that the excitement has worn off, I'm mildly to moderately frustrated that I cannot quickly add/track pre-set measurements of water toward my daily intake goal unless I am on the mobile app. This should definitely be built into the watch itself. Thank you for your consideration!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.