Delete menstrual health data easily

There should be a quick way to delete all menstrual health data from your account and all devices. I've been told to delete each period one at a time. This is not an acceptable solution.
21 Comments
chbs
First Steps

Agree. Why can you bulk-delete other data but not this (now much more sensitive) data? And since Fitbit shares your data and has a legal caveat that doesn't protect users (https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/privacy-policy#info-we-collect), this problem is going to eventually get people harassed, threatened, imprisoned, or worse. This must be fixed immediately.

tnmo
Jogger

I would like to see this feature be removeable completely, since not every woman has periods. I'm post-menopausal, and don't need such a feature. 

mcohn
Jogger
As far as I can tell, right now you have to individually delete each period. There should be an option to delete all periods at once.
WildForest
First Steps

I’m honestly disgusted by the fact that this wasn’t already implemented, in addition to the current events reasons to do so, being unable to remove such data can also be traumatic/triggering for trans and non-binary individuals. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Add a button to delete all data on menstrual health on all backup servers, all synced devices, and all Fitbit fitness trackers, PERMANENTLY and IMMEDIATELY.
Persona78
Jogger

You should be able to completely delete all info from period tracking including any ovulation, any symptoms, and other “logged details.” I notice after trying to delete entries that the logged details are still there. That’s not okay.

Give us a button that removes ALL RELATED DATA FROM PERIOD TRACKING.

mmmm7
First Steps

It should let you delete and stop recording temperature data, too, since that corresponds with your cycle. I'm not using my Charge 5 at night due to this anymore. Not tracking my sleep really devalues the product for me.

Klausarderedeus
First Steps

This should also be an option incase someone has an abusive partner who might try to use the data to be more successful at forcing an unwanted pregnancy upon the individual by evaluating their ovulation trends, especially now with what is happening in the US regarding abortion. 

Pso1125
First Steps

We’ve been asking for this for a long time. I will not buy or recommend another Fitbit product until this is resolved. And expect my Customer Satisfaction rating to sink the longer it takes to address. 

LindzG
First Steps

I completely agree.  We should be able to opt in and out if this type of tracking for various safety reasons (mentioned in the comments). It’s sad to have to do this but it’s either allow us to opt out or likely lose us as app users unfortunately.  WE don’t have much of a choice.

hilarymconley
Jogger

Wow.  I don't need to have the option removed for myself but on behalf of women everywhere, I ask you to remove it. Please!

Laz99
First Steps

Agreed. I'm in the UK so I'm not endangered by the lack here, but I am angered by it. I decided to delete all my info and discovered I could not do so. I cannot remove my moods and there are dots remaining even after I delete everything else, including the actual periods. (Removing and saving simply makes no change.) I'm now faced with having to go in and put angry faces on every day since last November. At least I don't have to worry about it though, it's only annoying and inconvenient and I've not been using Fitbit long in comparison to some.

Persona78
Jogger

Add the ability to delete in bulk all period tracking data on the user’s side of the experience

If it’s deleted from the users experience then that data should also be purged from Fitbit’s databases, internal storage so that it’s not kept anywhere. If it’s retained internally and the info isn’t anonymous then it could be used against users if subpoenaed.

XxxxYZ
First Steps

While we do not gave the option to delete our info from Fitbit/Google databases go and fudge up your period data, across all apps that haven't given this option yet. Give yourself a nice 48 day period, a 2 day one, a 63 day one, so on and so forth. And delete any of the log details you may have added, or be extra and add them to coincide with your 63 day period or early onset menopause, whichever route you choose.

There is an option to delete your baseline temperature data as of right now. 

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Persona78
Jogger

It took me over an hour but I managed to go back to delete all the logged details too. That was excruciating but I’d rather not wait around for them to do the right thing.

I still want confirmation that they will remove all the internal data associated with period tracking. Because it’s easy to see that it’s gone on my end but I’m not sure what’s happening internally.

XxxxYZ
First Steps

While we do not gave the option to delete our info from Fitbit/Google databases go and fudge up your period data, across all apps that haven't given this option yet. Give yourself a nice 48 day period, a 2 day one, a 63 day one, so on and so forth. And delete any of the log details you may have added, or be extra and add them to coincide with your 63 day period or early onset menopause, whichever route you choose.

There is an option to delete your baseline temperature data as of right now. Go do that as this data could be used as well. You can go so far as to even not wear your device at night.

Feyawen
Jogger

Do This now Fitbit!

I just spent an hour going through the calendar to manually delete each and every log entry.  I'm not waiting for them.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks @vh_1906 for sharing this suggestion, which we know is important to our customers. This is currently being worked on by the Fitbit team - further updates will be posted here.

MarciaMA
Jogger

Thank you for removing such feature as I not require this LHI Provider Portal Login

mayland18431
Jogger

I agree that this is not an acceptable solution. What further irritates me is that I don't track my period using this method or device by fitbit (I have the Fitbit One); nor do I using the sleep, eat, or drinking functions to monitor. I have no time for any logging as I go, let alone remember by the end of the day everything that is asking to be logged. I've been on water pills since last October and had to log my weight back to 199 lbs, to calculate how much I have lost since then (currently hovering at 153, but will lose more). I actually lost 30 lbs in 3 months (from Nov to Dec), but can't recall the exact date let alone the month this happened. So I'll take another 5 lb loss badge. There are so many things that I can't recall to input "right away", and there are so many things that they could update and add to make the experience so much better for everyone. I'd rather that they did that then make more devices. I don't need another gizmo in my aresenal.  

I just want to see how many steps I take, how many floors, and how many miles, and how much weight I've lost, and the badges that I got. That's all... I'm just your basic girl/woman who wants simplicity and an uncomplicated way to see progress. 

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion which we know is really important to our community. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. You can find more details here.

@vh_1906, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes. Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.