Dexcom app Integration

Pebble has a big community that used the Dexcom app to follow type 1 diabetics blood sugars. It is a great feature that allows you to see current blood sugars and get alarms if something is wrong. PLEASE continue to offer products that have that ability. The only other option is an Apple watch which is wildly expensive and not helpful if you have an Android. Thank you! The mom of a 9 year type 1 diabetic.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

61 Comments
lorieb
First Steps
Sync and alarm for dexcom G5 transmitter continuous Gloucester monitors.
lorieb
First Steps

Sync and alarm for dexcom G5 transmitter continuous glucose monitors.

Moderator Edit: Added labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This sounds interesting @lorieb! Thanks for sharing your idea in the Feature Request Board.

Catch you later!

CyberSam
Jogger

This is a huge need, at this point in time Im having to decide on whether or not I need to purchase another device on top of my blaze... wont I look fashionable. Please make this a reality.

DavidHoward
First Steps
I used a Dexcom 5 cgm. I can read my blood glucose numbers on my phone but I want to see them on my fitbit.
DavidHoward
First Steps
Oh I use not used
dkanic
First Steps

Please develope or partner with a company in order to have a glucometer that will/can transmit glucose readings that can be seen and trended within the Fitbit app.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Just a note about third party apps. Fitbit provides the tools, and lets the third party do their own connection. 

Please send your request to Dexcom.

Cyaltrinnj
First Steps

It would be wonderful to have your product tie into my Dexcom. When I am exercising, I don't always have my phone or transmitter in hand. But my fitbit is on my wrist. It can warn my of lows while exercising.

Type1Needs
Jogger

Does anyone know when FitBit will be compatible with logbooks for Diabetes/Blood Sugars. Its unfortunate that I have to use multiple apps for relatively related information. I am able to have my blood sugars instantly logged from my meter. My carbs calculated from my fitnesspal and then my steps/exercise onto fitbit. Yet I wish there was a way where I could just do it all onto the sugar logging app (mysugr) to be able to send to my doctor. It could save some extra time in my day if mysugr/dexicom, fitbit and myfitnesspal could all coexist instead of me having to go into the apps and redo the info a multitude of times. I know Apple watch is compatible with dexicom but I am not interested in the apple device. 

JuvenileJohnny
First Steps

We need the Dexcom G5 graph, or at least the number and a arrows on the Fitbit. I think Dexcom compatibility is why Apple Watch sales went up.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator
HI @Cyaltrinnj and @JuvenileJohnny An update to this topic, Fitbit announced a collaboration with DexCom to develop and market products to help better manage their diabetes and get a more complete picture of their overall health.

The first planned initiative will be an experience available on Fitbit Ionic that will show users data from the Dexcom G5 Mobile continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) System (with either Android or iOS devices) right on the wrist, without having to open an app. This will be developed using the Fitbit SDK and available in 2018. 

The full announcement can be found here
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator
HI @Laura547 An update to this topic, Fitbit announced a collaboration with DexCom to develop and market products to help better manage their diabetes and get a more complete picture of their overall health.

The first planned initiative will be an experience available on Fitbit Ionic that will show users data from the Dexcom G5 Mobile continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) System (with either Android or iOS devices) right on the wrist, without having to open an app. This will be developed using the Fitbit SDK and available in 2018. 

JuvenileJohnny
First Steps

But for $300, it might be worth it to spend the extra $50 and get a Apple Watch. At least then, you could reply to texts instead of just looking at them. 

JuvenileJohnny
First Steps

:up_arrow::up_arrow:  @LizFitbit

Need to get with Dexcom on how to make a pump/tracker all in one watch or a meter to track blood glucose levels. Of course would need to be water proof and easy access. And a ICE tag for emergency. pleaseHeart

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit is bringing blood glucose tracking to the ionic in coöperation with dexcom.

Source: https://www.engadget.com/2017/09/07/fitbit-ionic-smartwatch-help-diabetics-track-glucose/

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Fitbit announced a collaboration with DexCom to develop and market products to help better manage their diabetes and get a more complete picture of their overall health.

Javo78
Jogger

Once your compatability with DEXCOM is ready, will your IONIC watch be able to display blood glucose reading without the screen shutting off (very important and is why we haven't purchased an apple watch)? Will it display with "dotted" graphs as does Dexcom? Are there future plans for an e-paper fitbit watch to conserve battery as did your acquired Pebble watches? Dexcom users loved the CGM watch faces on their soon to be defunct Pebbles...will Fitbit's acquisition of Pebble personnel be used to favor Type 1 Diabetics as did Pebble? What will set Fitbit apart from the Apple watch in terms of support for Type 1 Diabetes/Dexcom users? 

By the way, I can't wait to purchase an Ionic for my 15 year old daughter who was diagnosed with T1D this past June. Thanks for all you do.

Leonneke
Recovery Runner

Hi! 

Is there any news on when Dexcom will work on fitbit ionic?

Thanks, Leonneke

DrDMac
First Steps

When you get this feature set up I will buy a Fitbit Ionic. I currently have a Charge 2 and like it, but a Dexcom feature would mean I don't need to take my phone with me to the gym, especially since the Ionic can play music and has GPS. I think most (Android) people over the age of 12 with a Dexcom CGM would look into a Ionic since the only other option is an apple watch. 

MikeR417
Base Runner

I know that this feature is being planned by Dexcom and Fitbit, but I would like to see this enacted sooner rather than later.

Mike

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Have you added your vote and comment to the existing request? 

As Fitbit has mentioned they are in talks about this. 

Ability to use Dexcom app

MLT1D
First Steps

I would love to be able to use the Dexcom app with my Versa! I was hoping to hear more about the Ionic and Dexcom and am hoping that the Versa would have the ability to run the app, too.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.