Disabled-Leave adventures open until everyone completes

My mom is disabled. We do challenges together. Thanks to Fitbit ''traveling" together is possible. It was amazing to witness my mom experience the panoramic view of the sites as we made our way along a trail. However, as you can imagine, her progress is much slower than most and it appears that once someone completes a challenge the challenge closes out. I would love for my mom to have a sense of completion. So that is where my suggestion/request comes into play. Please leave the challenges open until everyone completes or chooses to close out the challenge. This makes room for those with disabilities.😊 thank you for your time.

7 Comments
WendyB
Community Legend

I love this idea and Hope it gets added. 

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Excellent idea. I know several members who have posted on the forums who use a cane, walker or are in a wheelchair, This would be great for them to have the same experience.

@mimitweetsme  tell your mom we're with her!

ashwolve
Interval Runner

Great idea and goes with the fact I have been commenting to Fitbit for about 2 years now about the large tile on the mobile dashboard is also not so friendly to those less abled ie it needs to be customisable instead of removing floors and getting a larger blank screen we should be able to swap this with HR or sleep,

anyway back to this idea as a suggestion instead of closing it when the first person finishes give each member the  option to 1,  leave challenge but still have there scores showing, 2, Pause - effectively keeping the challenge open until last member completes 3, quit and remove yourself from challenge or 4, all members agree to quit effectively allowing everyone to commence a new challenge. (if the last one is chosen allow all unseen treasures and views to be seen but maybe in black and white instead of colour or make the symbol yellow once seen)

Good luck and hope this gets implemented for you

Regards

Wayne

mimitweetsme
Jogger

@ashwolve i like your idea regarding the tiles.  I really like your option 1 to my suggestion, that way the victor can still get their recognition with the option to exit the challenge once complete while still giving others the ability to march on towards those rewarding views (in full color) and at their own time/pace.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @mimitweetsme and commenters, I'm sure this would be useful for lots of customers. Thanks for sharing your idea and for taking the time to visit this board. Keen to hear what others think?

Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

Totally agree!  I have done a few of these challenges, but the front runners finish so fast that I have never finished, even though I am not even disabled.  

This would help lots of people and make Fitbit challenges much more inclusive for all.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.