Existing clock faces - supply download of projects

Zip up each of the current existing clock faces and allow as start up projects, this way those of us who are lazy (guilty as charged) and those new and learn by example can modify existing elements and tweak to our own customization. 

For example... the "Argyle" would be a perfect template for anyone who simply wants their own images with date, time and clickable stats.  Simply replacing img1, img2 and img3 with images the end user wants would be enough custom for most.  

7 Comments
FlyBoyJIt
Runner

Please people, vote on this. I personally would love to edit Gauges and display the day name, an a always on heart rate display, plus a 250 p/h counter. But it's too hard to try and replicate the current gauges look.

ratcityrain
Strider

Funny, I was just thinking about this yesterday. It would be great to use the existing one for practice learning sdk coding. 

bjsexpress
Base Runner
Some insight I was giving... The supplied clock faces were all developed
pre SDK. Can only assume the complied delivery of the code for those are
not structured to work with the studio's build or file folder structure.
I'd still like to see them recreated with sdk, but as a developer I've
never personally liked to rewrite same programs, I'd also imagine the
studio could possibly be cumbersome or impossible in making the clocks
compared to the tools used originally.

Guess we'll see, looking forward to better complete projects to build
upon.
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @bjsexpress thanks for this suggestion. There aren't currently plans to make these available; as you guessed, they were made before the SDK existed. There are plans however to provide more in the future. Keep your eyes peeled for those! Thanks

JonFitbit
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

We have released an SDK version of the Moment clock face.

https://github.com/Fitbit/sdk-moment

Hopefully we can release more as time goes on.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
JonFitbit
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

We will release some additional open source examples as time progresses.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, we did share the source for the Moment clock but there aren't plans to share any more clock faces. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.