Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

900 Comments
Gennie2281
Jogger

I agree with at least one of the previous comments about the accessability of data for the heart rate.  The comment related to being able to track atrial fibrillation events.  The sole reason I wear a fitbit (and it's the charge HR) is to track my heart rate.  It would be a lot more effective if I could actually access and export the data.  I think my cardiologist and GP would appreciate it as well.

kaligirl2
Runner

Gennie2281 - you may need to look for a more accurate device.

Dr_C
Jogger

YOU CAN GET YOUR HEART RATE DATA.  I accept the fact that Fitbit seem to not want to do this, but it is available from the dashboard - you just have to know how to get it.  Check out my posts - one of them has two images that tell you how to do it.

John

patinyt
Jogger

The point for me to buy a more expensive tracker was to have the heart rate monitor. I realize it is not totally accurate, but if I can export "sleep" then surely there should not be a problem to add in the heart rate.

thanks

SimonJames
Jogger

Decided not to get premium after alll because I wanted this feature in particular. I can't be a*sed to read all the legal stuff - I just want it.

Dr_C
Jogger

This is entirely available - but slightly complex.  Check out / search for my post - it contains two images that show how to access the HR data.

DrC

CarlyS
First Steps

I would love if my fitbit heart rate data could be synced to the RockMyRun app.  It sounds like this was first suggested a couple years ago.  Any chance this will ever happen?

Caponesev
Jogger

When I bought Fitbit charge 2 I saw there was exporting data option. 

Now I see that the export data is daily agregatted and useless for me. 

Please add HR exporting data per minute at least... It's a must for your target customers that buy fitbit because of that...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please make it possible to export the raw heart rate data from Fitbit devices (expecially from Charge 2).

When I bought Fitbit Charge 2 I tought there was exporting heart rate data option. The daily agregatted information is useless for me. Please add exporting data per minute at least. I don't want to change my device.

Dr_C
Jogger

The heart rate data is available but not as conveniently as it should be - see the posted images.

How to grab the heart rate data from a fitbit-2.jpgHow to grab the heart rate data from a fitbit-1.jpg

Dr_C
Jogger

The heart rate data is available but not as conveniently as it should be - see the posted images.

How to grab the heart rate data from a fitbit-2.jpgHow to grab the heart rate data from a fitbit-1.jpg

newowner
Jogger

when I right click I don't see view page source as an option

SonnyMarie
First Steps

I suffer with a chronic illness and the only 2 stats I really use is the heart rate and sleep. I am currently using this information to provide to my doctor. It would be really useful to be able to export this data so I can just print it off or email it. 

Kind regards,

Sonya.

G-Squared
Recovery Runner

So what's the plan FitBit? I applaud Dr_C for his manual solution and I'm going to give it a try right after I post this. However, it sure would be nice if I could create an IFTTT recipe to manage automatic logging to a spreadsheet. This one is highly upvoted. At least someone from FitBit should respond as to why you won't develop it.  Save us all from checking back and re-posting the same request.  Thanks for a good product (Blaze user) otherwise. I have used it every day since 3/27/2016 and have no issues with battery or accuracy.

G-Squared
Recovery Runner

DR_C - what's the graph in #3 of your image or better said, how do I get to that graph on FitBit site?  I have a heart rate graph that will only select daily, 7 days and 28 days and if I display anything other than daily, it's a bar graph. Also, when I do display daily I cannot find the data that it's using (JSON). I can find the JSON data for average resting heart but even though I have the graph up for the today's daily HR, no JSON. So strange that this one value (HR) that is the most important value to me is the one data set that FitBit won't allow me to easily have.

MapleHill
Recovery Runner

Of course we would all like better support for downloading heart rate data from within the dashboard.  Or better yet, an easy interface to the API with downloading options.  In the mean time, there are several options to get your data.

Thanks to Dr. C for his contribution.  However I don't see JSON data pairs unless I select an existing activity and save THAT page as a text file, or you can define a new activity for a period of time and then select it, for example to get 24 hours of data.  The Activity page does contain the data. Correct me if I'm wrong.  But in any case, the problem with this strategy is that you will Never get more than 600 data points even for a  24 hour activity.  That is not enough granularity for some purposes. 

There have been several other solutions posted in these forums, including a PowerScript option and an actual section of a member's website that can create Excel spreadsheets for you--very cool.  You may find that the member's web site works best for you, especially if you have a Mac, the web site would work for you while PowerScript and my program are windows based.

My own solution is a windows application that allows you to parse the data you can get out of the dashboard like Dr. C's method, use the API Explorer to get data, or, the preferred way, use the API Wizard and Browser I wrote.  Personally, I use the unattended mode along with Windows Task Scheduler, and it downloads all my heart rate data and converts it into an Excel spreadsheet automatically every night.  If I have not defined an activity during that period, Fitbit collects about 10,000 data points.  If I start an activity, it may collect as many as 30,000 data points for the 24 hour period.  The reason you get so much data (compare to 600 max) is that it comes directly from the Fitbit database through its API interface, rather than scraping the web page screen for data of very limited granularity.

My program has been in "beta" for over a year and several folks on the forum have tried it out.  I have just fixed one minor bug and recompiled it as the first "release" version 1.0.0.0.  You can now just go get it, rather than emailing me first.

You are welcome to try it out.  It is completely free.  You can download more information and the program at ParseHeartRate.com.  I would appreciate it if you let me know how it works for you, if you install it.  My email is in the documentation.

Happy Heartbeat,

Ravi

G-Squared
Recovery Runner

That is really great work Ravi! I've installed it and worked through the manual (file save) method using the dashboard activity screen and am excited to learn more. As a developer, I can really appreciate the work you put into this appllication and the great documentation. You should be selling this and I'd be happy to pay for it. Thank you for responding and referencing this solution. I will probably spend my day seeing what I can learn from actually having my heart rate data freely available to me for research.

@nikbates wrote:

Please make it possible to export the raw heart rate data!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity.

MapleHill
Recovery Runner

Thanks G-Squared. 

Yes, I have a lot of hours into this project.  Glad you are finding some success with the dashboard method.  Good luck exploring the other options available in ParseHeartRate.

Cheers,

Ravi

hdwu
Jogger

Resting heart rate trends can be useful for women tracking their monthly cycles- so seeing multiple consecutive months is critical to really making use of the data.

Jensett
Recovery Runner

Yes the screen says 'the data is yours' but in fact it only give a small amount of the data to us.

Agree that top of my list would be Heart rate data.

Come on Fitbit, please provide this!

staniere
Jogger

I really miss detailed information of my old sporttracker belt (3 synchronised graphes of : speed, elevation, heart rate) allowing to visualize on a map where you was when having a specific speed and heart rate.

http://www.sports-tracker.com/

Redwing59
Runner

Currently the Fitbit Data Raw Export does not include heart rate data, why is that?

rsweeks
First Steps

Heart rate data would be very useful information to track cardio changes.

BigChumpSucka
First Steps

Please include the ability to export heart rate information and for goodness sake, please allow more than 30 days of data to be exported at one time. 

Redwing59
Runner

reweeks,

The Charge HR collects the heart rate data, and a 30 day daily chart is displayed. Unfortunately, Fitbit does not permit the user to download the data, nor see a longer term chart to see longer term trends in the resting heart rate.

Pat

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.