Favorite section for recently used Clock Faces

It would be helpful when the settings for a clock face will be remembered even after installing a different clock face. That way, you could occasionally swap the clock face and go back and forward without having to customize it every time. These settings shouldn't have to use too much storage and could be stored on the phone of the user, so that they'll get loaded in as defaults whenever a clock face is installed again after some time.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity.

364 Comments
Funkyeye
Jogger

I agree with all. It would be great if you can add quick access shortcuts / bookmark  to store favorite watch faces (save 10) Perhaps by hard press (force touch) like apple watch. 

ChrispyTwitch
First Steps

I would love this too. Especially it if were possible to save them (and their configurations) to the Fitbit itself and then hot-swap them without the need to go through the Select->Pay->I've already bought this->Unlock->Configure cycle each time.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DustinS85, thanks for this amazing suggestion. I found a very similar suggestion called: Remember Recently Used Clock Faces Ionic/Versa, since both are really similar I was wondering if it is okay to merge your suggestion into that one. As you can see it has a lot of votes, the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. Let me know if I can do so! 

See you around!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @bsavarin, I really like your idea. I found a very similar suggestion called: Remember Recently Used Clock Faces Ionic/Versa, since both are really similar I was wondering if it is okay to merge your suggestion into that one. As you can see it has a lot of votes, the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. Let me know if I can do so! 

See you around!

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner
Sure, go right ahead 😎

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad
Rpotter1000
Jogger
Thanks for asking. Yes, that’s a good idea.
Rpotter1000
Jogger

Never mind. I thought you were talking to me. 🙂

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Sure! Go ahead and merge them.

Thank you!

----
Marc R. Hoffman

Sent from my iPhone
bsavarin
Base Runner

Yes, please merge them.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for confirming @bsavarin! Have a good one!

yoyomum60
Base Runner

totally and completely agree  It's a total pain and time waste right now

DustinS85
First Steps

YojanaFitbit No; the other thread is about frequently used. I mean a specific section for Favorites. Doesn’t matter if you frequently use it.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for the clarification @DustinS85!

Fjoffa
Recovery Runner

Would it be possible to add a feature to save favorite apps and clockfaces so one may easily find them again?

And add a searchbar for apps and clockfaces so one may easily find relevant and or by name.

As the store will grow with clocks and apps it will be quite difficult to find something one may like.

Run_Epic
Jogger

Agreed. Store favorite watch faces on the user's phone, which usually has plenty of storage. This is quite useful, especially when a network connection is unavailable or slow, or Fitbit's servers are having issues. Denote favorite faces. Also, speed up browse and download functions.

kathytn
Runner
You make excellent points re Connections/Slow download

--
Kathleen Smith
kathleensmith138@gmail.com

Samsung allows for clock faces to be downloaded and changed on the watch....Versa needs something like this instead of downloading the faces every time from the app and only being able to change from the phone app

Brevan
First Steps

it would be more and better that the apple watch if it had this

Capitano
Tempo Runner

I would like this too - either the solution with hot swap and several stored watch faces on the Ionic/Versa or just the solution with some favorite watch faces specified in the smart device

iamajai
First Steps

It would be wonderful and I hop easily achievable given the talent on staff if we could get the same functionality that the Pebble had for watchfaces: searchable gallery, watchfaces able to be voted for/ranked, favourite watchface gallery and persistent settings.

Same for apps by the way.

Brevan
First Steps

this would be great to be able to save clock faces on the the ionic/versa it would make it a lot easier to use.

LovesterUK
Base Runner

It would be great if watch faces you had previously installed on either the Versa or Ionic could appear on a tab of their own in the watch gallery area. That way you can quickly go between faces if you have different ones you use for work, weekend, training, night out...

I've four I go between and such a pain having to find them everytime I want to switch.

SeeAreEff
First Steps

I'm really enjoying my versa. But I like to change the clock face often. But it only saves my current face. And the amount of faces is growing rapidly. There should be a way to favorite or save some clock faces I really like. Just have a section under my clock for my "favorite 5" or something like that.

zach471
Jogger

YES!  How is this not already a thing?  Let me save my favorite watch faces to a single place on the phone for quick access!

EdwinFinch
Recovery Runner

Every time a user switches clock faces, the previously used clock face's settings and any other storage-related contents are wiped.

Frustratingly, when the user comes back to that previously used clock face, they've lost everything they already had set up.

This is especially annoying on our Lignite clock faces, which users must log in to in order to be able to use after 24 hours.

Please persist settings/storage across installs, so that when the user comes back to a clock face, it doesn't forget what they already had set up!

Thank you 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.