Filter for free versus paid watch faces

It would be really great if there was a filter to differentiate between paid and free watch faces. There are tons of great options out there, but every single paid face hides the price at the very end of the description. It's almost always buried after the jump (click to read more) in the description, so it's not very smooth to find just free ones. 

Moderator edit: Labels

36 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with us @Armdog.

I could absolutely see how this could be useful to lots of users.

Let's see what other think about it.

SMDibble
First Steps

Not being surprised with unexpected purchases would be benificial.

AWZ1287
Recovery Runner

This would be a good thing to add. 

RachOKC
First Steps

Along with this filter, it would be nice if the clock faces could be filtered by most recently used. I use the same few in rotation depending on use and I don’t like having to manually search each time. Another idea to help with this is to allow us to save/favorite faces for later. 

Armdog
Recovery Runner

@RachOKC  Yes! That would be really great too. I'm the same way - I've been rotating through a group of watch faces, and it's kind of annoying to have to find them again. Either a filter for recently used, or some sort of customizable favorites list 

arkaycee
Runner

I'd want to extend this to free vs. paid apps, while they're at it.

Toranababe
First Steps

Could you please make a section for free clock faces? It would make it so much easier to find a free one to use instead of having to go through each one as most seem to cost now.

Moderator edit: label.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion @Toranababe, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think about it. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

YES!! Please!  When I purchased my Versa I had no idea the advertised "many clock face options" would need to be paid for.  Ridiculous!  I spend hours clicking on them all looking for a free one that doesn't look like crap.  It's so frustrating.

abhishr
Recovery Runner

Its very difficult to search for free clock faces as most of them are paid. Can a filter be made available to search only the free ones? Also searching all is causing my ios app to crash, already posted another discussion on the crash.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

Curlieqk
Jogger

Yes, please! Just searching for free doesn't seem to work either.

derekmski101
Base Runner

I completely agree with this.  There needs to be more filtering and sorting options because there are so many watch faces out there and it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for.  Especially when trying to find a free watch face instead of paid.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us @abhishr! We look forward to hearing what other community members think. Woman Happy

zgSHADOW
Base Runner

I'm not sure if the App Gallery was woefully unfinished at time of release (and as of current) or if its current form is intended, but not being able to clearly delineate between free and paid clock faces is really suspicious at best.

Chihuahua-love
First Steps

Fantastic idea. 

I too looked at the various headings. 

But was unable to find free. Again your right all the best faces you have to pay for. 

Woody_SIFFMC
First Steps

Moderator, I think all of the "Likes" over comments says what you need it to, correct?

SigRossi
Recovery Runner

Please consider this also for Ionic apps. Thx!

notSoFit-Bit
Jogger

As a developer myself who has a few paid clockface, I definitely agree that a free clockface section is a very good idea.

Even though 1-2 dollars is not much for purchasing a clockface that you could potentially use for years, I can see why some people would not want to pay which is fair enough, so a free clockface section would hopefully eliminate the frustration of people wanting to find free clockfaces.

As to the best faces being paid, that is because monetary rewards often motivate and bring out the best in people Smiley Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Good idea! Please consider for ionic as well!

Dunekn
5K Racer

I create the same suggestion in french part of the community

How fitbit can forget such obvious functionnality?

nanamifaso
First Steps

Have the option to keep a section for favourited any paid faces or previously installed faces, for ease of access.

ThinkLikeGreek
First Steps

I agree that there needs to be a separate section. Going through each one only to find some are not free, makes it hard to find one that is. It shouldn’t be hard to filter it out. 

megleighc
First Steps

Jumping on this band wagon, there should definitely be a separate section (or a filter to apply) for free watch faces. 

EmTe
Tempo Runner

Searching for the text "free4all" works quite well to find free apps. Fitbit just needs to make it one of the suggested search terms when I click on the magnifying glass underneath "branded".

Dunekn
5K Racer

@EmTe 

this research will only give the list of Terry's apps. it's not a solution.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.