Please add ING Bank to Fitbit Pay (The Netherlands)

Dear Fit Bit Pay responsible,

For all NL users of your Fitbit Ionic, could you please make sure only ONE bank in our country is contracted as soon as possible? Preferably this is ING Bank, the biggest one in The Netherlands with > 8 million (private) clients (= 47% of the population). 

Without any Dutch bank the whole feature is useless, so please TAKE ACTION if you want to increase your customer satisfaction that is currently dropping dramatically...

Kind regards,

Maud

The Netherlands. 

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification 

152 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Hi!

I would also like to enter a suggestion for a new Dutch Bank - "Rabobank" they also support MasterCard 

thank you!

Daniel

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

Consider adding ING, please? In addition to Rabo....

HarmVB
First Steps

Please add ING NL!! 

Dimitriman
First Steps

ABN, RABO and ING should all be integrated as all are already compatible with mobile phone payments.

Timwisse
First Steps

Agree, must do! 

FB_NL
Jogger

Dear FitBit,

I have been meaning to upgrade to either a versa/ionic for a while now and would really appreciate the fitbit pay feature to be enabled in the Netherlands as soon as possible. Major banks include :

-ABN AMRO

-ING

-RABOBANK

Netherlands is one of the firsts in EU, in the race to go cashless and this would be a very very welcome feature. 

Request you to act on this as soon as possible. Would be great to know if its in the pipeline.

Best regards,

A loyal FitBiter 😉

Ericrijswijk
Jogger

Hi All,

At least we all agree on one thing, Ionic pay feature needs to work. Make payments with Mastercard possible and get the top 3 Dutch banks on it ABN AMRO, ING, RABO. These are also the banks that have main offices outside The Netherlands. 

It would be great if you let us know if you will not be developing what you promised in the watch when we bought it and hence what will follow suit after, do we get a refund? I prefer a working Ionic with all the features as promised.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FB_NL! Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions. We can see that you have shared lots of ideas here but we ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion. That way we can keep this boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Please repost your ideas as individual Feature Suggestions by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’. Your original post has been changed to an ‘Archived’ status and will be removed shortly.

Mausy
Jogger

Dear supporters of my initial feature suggestion, Daniel, PNLDesign, Harm, Dimitri, Tim, Eric,

Thanks for your support. However I lost my confidence in Fitbay Pay ever going to work in The Netherlands. In almost 10 months time I haven't noticed any progress about this. And with 4 votes only (other suggestions are having > 5,000 votes!) I don't expect much from Fitbit which is disappointing. 

@alexandra - Fitbit Moderator: you reviewed this. Can you confirm Fitbit is indeed not developing what it promised (as it definitely looks like now)? Or is something happening behind the scenes that your customers are not aware of? Can you please update us about developments in Fitbit Pay-NL if there are any? THANX.

Maud van Etten

The Netherlands.

Ericrijswijk
Jogger

Sad but true. I have asked Fitbit to tell me the status, i.e. are they doing something about the problem and when do they think it will be resolved. I have so far not gotten a direct answer and no solution to the problem. They are not saying they are doing something, but they are also not saying they are not doing something to resolve what they promised when we bought the Ionic. I find it very frustrating and disappointing to be treated this way by Fitbit. When I refer to the warranty they just direct me to a link stating what their warranty is. It is like talking to a computer instead of a human. The watch is not functioning the way it should. Either solve it and tell us in +/- how many weeks or months or just give us our money back.

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

Well, neither ING or Rabo even support payment via iPhone (yet). The wallet app only runs on Android....maybe this is related?

Ericrijswijk
Jogger

Not True, but also not relevant. They knew which banks are key in The Netherlands even before the watch came out. They just need to tell us when (with a deadline) they have fixed the problem or if they do not intend to fix it at all and just give us our money back.

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

Very true, and not sure why you state its not relevant. 

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

I suppose the banks are to blame. Not Fitbit.

Ericrijswijk
Jogger

Please think before you write stuff like that!

PNLDesign
Recovery Runner

I love you too

LadyLaura
Stepping Up

Please add SNS Bank as wel, Already got a feature request asking for this single bank. So Like away 🙂

Also having contact with fitbit about what BANKS can do to speed up this process. But so far, no documentations/requirements about what is needed from banks to tune in to Fitbit Pay, only the requests on this site.

Looks like you need a special inventation as a Bank to join Fitbit Pay 😉

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

All Dutch banks support MasterCard, so shouldn't be a huge change since this is supported in other European countries as well. Visacard is not much supported though.

Since NL is really advanced in contactless payments (50% of all transactions!) it could be very interesting for Fitbit to add such a huge Market.

Hope to see this feature added soon, bit disappointed that this is not available yet.

Getwdu
Jogger

Why nog make a deal with Visa, so all dutch bank are covered! 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would be great if this is taken seriously. Thanks for update. 

JanRoeters
First Steps

Please add Creditcard: Mastercard. The Netherlands. 

peterter
Jogger

Please add ING and visa

MisterMarcoo
Recovery Runner

Hoping this will happen.. Like someone said before, start with banks like Rabobank, ABN Amro, ING... They have a lot of costumers...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.