Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
stevepa
Stepping Up

It would be helpful to be able to leave comments to yourself on how you are feeling on a day.

Like:

12 March I have a cold

2 June partied till 1 am

25 July on holiday spent all day on the beach.

Mmcc
Recovery Runner

It would be good to add a small journal entry to include things such a why my steps were not as high as usual or forgotten to wear my Fitbit. Other things I would personally add would be how I performed in my sport to see if there is any difference in performance based on my previous day activities amoungst other things.

Moderator Edit: Labels / Subject for clarity

CornuPerold
First Steps
Simple function to periodically log how you're currently feeling (tired, energetic, headache etc) which can be easily plotted against behaviour such as eating habits, exercise & sleep in order to determine cause & effect.
CoachPayne
Jogger

I'd also like to see a notes section - this has been very valuable to me with Garmin Connect, where I can name and describe the course I've runner, as well as any other pertinent information including how I felt, the weather, GPS accuracy, or celebrations.

coastdog48
First Steps

I would like to see a notes section as well. I just spent three days on vacation and recorded alot of steps and distance but then had to travel for a day and recorded little. Looking back I would like to know what I was doing and why the differences.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I understand that Mood Tracking has been removed for new users for some time now.  I would love to see this added as a feature again, as it saves using more than one tracking app and makes Fitbit even more versitle and beneficial.  I am currently using a separate tracking app for this, as well as a separate tracking app to record daily sugar intake!

CBFH
Stepping Up

Exactly! I have been sick all week and I have been resting. So, my dashboard asks me if I need to readjust my goals.  I don't.  I just need to get better and remember why this week was so low on meeting all of my goals.  Great idea!

SOULEMAN
Recovery Runner

Thanks.  I also think this would be a great feature.  Below is my recent post.

"I have been tracking my weight training workouts with the Surge. Is it possible to add detail (via the website or app) to the workouts? For example if I would like to specify that I trained “legs” or “shoulders”.

Henriettazen
First Steps
You should add the option to input notes or journal for the day. For example, the workouts. When i record my workouts, i would find it useful to be able to put down exactly what i did so i can refer back to it. Or if im having a day where i didnt work out as much i can journal how i felt after and vis versa with an excellent day.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I too would love to see a Comments / Notes section on the dashboard.

People have been suggesting / requesting this for well over a year - has it been added to the change schedule for development of the Dashboard?

Personally, I would value a Notes section considerably more than the recent Tile changes.

Airror05
Jogger
Yes please!!!
Moman126
Base Runner
I agree, a daily log feature is something I would also like to see for starters.
akagrma
Walker

I would also like to see a "notes" area on the daily sleep record so I could see at a glance what is affecting a night's sleep pattern.  Using my fitbit at night to check my sleep pattern is one of the major reasons for using the device.

Moman126
Base Runner
A simple daily log feature on the apps would be a great feature that has been asked for multiple times.
Spiderwoman
First Steps

It would be nice to have a section for notes for the day... I am a migraine suffer and when I get a migraine that drastically effects my day progress. But if I look over my week past I don't automatically recall what may have happened that day that I did not make my goals... Even a funeral can interrupt the goal set. So a daily diary or note area for the day would be beneficial especially if you are trying to get these into a hospital setting or weight loss clinic set up.

Moderator edit: Added labels

Spiderwoman
First Steps
Absolutely a must! If you take this journey seriously you have to have notes... Obviously one is to spend the amount of money in this product. It falls short on a few basic items, one is a daily nite section or diary.
Lehkittys
First Steps
I completely agree with this. It would be nice to have a space to write a couple paragraphs on the app.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I too would like this feature added to the Android app.  I would like the ability to note various things about the day's activities (or lack of activities) such as: "low step count due to driving in car 10 hours", or "high activity/step count due to camping", etc......

WalkerFl
Stepping Up

According to your e-mail you will be turning off the Journal function on 8/27.  I am an 80-year old man who walks 30-50 miles per week (with a cross country walker) and have done so for many years.  I have used the Journal since 2010 (when I bought my first Fitbit) as a medical diary with notes about exercise, meds, changes in dosage, etc.  Can you create a way to access the past journals or a download option as part of Premium to get all existing notes?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Given that the fitbit.com web site  already has this feature - Journal, but Fitbit has announced that it will be removed on August 27 (a week from today), I cannot imagine them adding the functionality to their phone apps. Good luck though.

Shoestring45
Walker
I wanted it as part of the app. so I could make a short entry for the day. Didn't want to write a dissertation, just a sentence or even a couple words.

Sent from our iPad
SteadyToo
Jogger

I would like to make notes against my sleep log, to record issues that affect my sleep, like having a cold, leg cramps, barking dogs etc.  Please help.  This would make the functionality far more useful!

LoriLowell
First Steps

PLEASE, please? add a NOTES section within the log workouts section. I'd love to be able to add "day 4, week 6 upper body and core" (or the like) after I've added 50 minutes of circuit training (or whatever).

This would be a huge help in logging workouts. I'm trying to go paperless, but the app is just missing a few things that would help me keep track of my progress (otherwise it's lifechanging - awesome!!)

Thanks!

aremgee
Recovery Runner

This would be so helpful.  I'd like to be able to take a note of distances covered and time taken to complete various routes.  Also, if I'm not feeling so fit it is bound to affect results and good to be able to make a note of that.  A general notes area would cover everyone's requirements rather than being fixed to one area such as food or exercise

aremgee
Recovery Runner

Should have said I'd like to be able to add it on laptop - not just using android or similar device

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.