Fitbit app Gallery Search Option

In the store for watchfaces and apps in the Fitbit app, it would be nice to have an option to search for the name of the watchface/app and search for the author of the watchface/app.

Now you have to browse all the way down, even if i know the name of the watchface/app.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
14 Comments
MorphoWings7
Jogger

Also would be great to have a "new to app store" catagory on the list... on the top so you can see what's new without having to scroll through everything. Also would be great to have a rating/feedback section for each app 

elot
Tempo Runner

That was already another feature request from me.

Please go here and vote for it:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/fitbit-app-browse-through-new-watchfaces-and-app...

piyushw
Jogger

Searching apps in the store is a very basic requirement. To add to your pain, when you've scrolled to the bottom of the list and you view the app info and try to get back to the list, you need to scroll again!

Yakumo01
Recovery Runner

The clock face store is really just almost unusable. Some points of pain:

• No search
  • No obvious organisation/sorting
  • categories are not very helpful
  • very slow to navigate
  • If you click on a watch face then click back you have to start scrolling from top again
  • did I mention very slow?

Many of these issues apply to the normal app store but it's saved by having so little content. 

Matclar
Base Runner

I can't search for a specific clock because there is no search option.

When I click on a clock there should be a way to see all clocks made by that developer.

When I am scrolling through endless faces and select one. If I don't like it and click the back button it brings me back to the top and not back to exactly where I was so I can continue scrolling.

When I click "all clocks" They should at the very least be in alphabetical order.

There should be a tick box for "My Favourite" clocks or a place to tick for ones that I've purchased just to keep track. 

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

fit-lou
Jogger

The App Store is getting quite crowded.  It would be great to sort the list to see the latest added apps and to be able to search for apps by name.

Right now it's getting clumsy and crowded with no way to control things other than the default categories that were added by fitbit.

Also WHERE IS GOLF GAME!!! the season is starting in the east! 

DarkWinterNight
First Steps

Seems odd to have the idea to create a database yet not follow that thought up with having a way to search or organize it at inception; I feel kind of silly having to vote for the second half of the singular feature.

sarah_lin8
Hill Runner

Yes, please add this! Or a filter so I can filter by colour (clockface) or what it displays such as time, date, weather, steps etc. add this pleaseeeee! Thank you!!Heart

Want Spotify for Versa? Click Here to Vote!

Click Here to Vote for Low Power Mode!

cactusjack
Runner

This should be a major part of any app store. The ability to search and at least favorite apps and clock faces. It would make the whole experience so much nicer

runningparent
Jogger

FitBit - check out things like the Apple store or Google apps for ideas on how to make an app store.  Ionic is missing the basics for usability and when people ask me if I like mine I say it's OK due to a lot of this when it should be I love it.

peteh1237
First Steps

The app store needs a search capability. As the number of apps increases (and hopefully it will increase a lot), we need a way to search for apps we want. Would be nice to see a list of apps added since last visit, too. 

theMartinBailey
First Steps

It makes absolute sense that they would add in a) a sort by latest option within each category, and b) a category on the main screen of 'New Apps' or 'New Watch Faces'. Fitbit need to show the store as vibrant, with new content appearing regularly in order to compete with the likes of Apple. Pebble had their 'Fresh Picks' section front and centre of their App Store.

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @elot and commenters, thank you for sharing this idea with us! I am happy to announce that this has been developed and is being rolled out gradually with the release of Fitbit OS 2.1 (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15). Keep up to date with the roll out here for Versa and here for Ionic.

Thanks all for participating in Feature Suggestions and showing the demand for this feature which has now been developed!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.