Fitbit need to make it an option to turn off direct messaging

Men are treating this like a dating forum, I am blocking probably 5 people per day from messaging me.

Some people are here just to get fit! I know there are other women who have posted on the community with the same problems.

10 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Katiet2506, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about adding the option to turn off direct messages on Community Feed! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

skyspirit464
Jogger

I have been trying to figure out what in the world makes all these men think this is a dating site!! I am also deleting 6 to 8 friend request a DAY from men with NO activity and their self descriptions are supposed to sound romantic! I have plainly put on my description that I am married, not interested in a relationship, but they just keep coming. I'm 70 years old for crying out loud! They need to be stopped.

Slick01
Base Runner

I apologize to you for my gender,best thing just ignore them

NigelPR
First Steps

I received a sex solicitation message on my Fitbit app. Blocked the user and reported it to Fitbit who informed there was nothing they could do only suggesting blocking user. A short time later received a similar message which was blocked. I sent both messages to Fitbit but replies were non committal as there was nothing they could do. Surprising to me they would take no action when there site is used for these purposes and do not seem interested in taking action to stop, very disappointing.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NigelPR. Thanks for sharing your suggestion about being able to completely block the unwanted messages received on the Fitbit app. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. That way we can keep this board organized, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

You might be interested in voting for this other suggestionWatch this space for status updates and keep adding your suggestions.

NigelPR
First Steps
Thank you Lizzy,
Appreciate you moving my post to a more appropriate forum,
Have “liked” other posts on this subject,
Warm regards,
Nigel

Sent from my iPad
MYLAMEN
Base Runner

WHY DO WE NEED TO VOTE JUST ADD THIS FEATURE!

skyspirit464
Jogger
Absolutely! Just Add it!
MYLAMEN
Base Runner

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Turn-off-Friend-Requests-to-avoid-romantic-reque...

WHY DO WE NEED TO VOTE, JUST ADD THIS FEATURE!

This should be something Available at all time to protect our kids!

This should be a core value for Fitbit!

MYLAMEN
Base Runner
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.