Get rid of Adobe Flash Player from the website

Please rewite the Dashboard and Log on the web site using non-Flash technology, preferably HTML5.

Flash is too much of a resource hog on desktops and doesn't run on iOS devices.

Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

260 Comments
Jessica2929
First Steps

Yes please! There is so much I can't see on my ipad, which I now use more than any computer. 

Ashareem
Recovery Runner

Yes, Flash is dying tech and needs to go away competely.

jeffro
Runner

Yes, please make the site touch-friendly.  Eliminating mouseover effects it a must. 

Helle
Recovery Runner

/agreeSmiley Happy

Madmoose
Jogger

Yes PLEASE! Tried to update and activey on my ipad, and ended up having to start up my laptop.

Boo

michellesaid
First Steps

I agree 500%, as I would prefer to use my iPhone or iPad to view ALL of my Fitbit stats, but:

1. This information is not available in the Fitbit app 😞

2. They can't be viewed on the website because that portion of the site requires Flash.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, additionally the dashboard is not 'touchfriendly' when using tablet devices that can do flash. Many elements of the dashboard are only accessible with a cursor hovering over them - not possible on a touch screen.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Please no flash, chrome on android got rid of it
fortleephil
Recovery Runner

Please get rid of Flash.  I use my iPad much more than my laptop.  I use my iPad when I travel, both for pleasure and business.  I will be using my iPad for field work, starting in September.

SanDiegoJack
Recovery Runner

Pleeze get rid of flash. Chromebooks & android devices can't use it.  It is insecure.  You know you will have to trash it eventually. When?

Thanks,

Jack

jesselks
First Steps

If you use flash because you lack developer resources to rewrite in HTML5, then how about a user competition. First person (or top vote getter) who writes a dashboard to fitbit's spec wins a tracker or something.

Plus, if the resulting code was open... we could write up all our feature-requests OURSELVES and you could take the ones you like.

IceX
Jogger

As a Fitbit user,

I would like the dashboard charts to be displayed in HTML5 canvas and not Flash,

So I can load the charts in mobile devices.

HTML5 charts can be secure if you use the https for the web APIs.  Flash is not that much secure either way, given that if the users are not updating the software application it’s a risk.  Flash also uses lot of memory, batter power, and doesn’t work in Surface and iPads.

Mel_S
Runner

Amen. I hate Flash.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I agree

@IceX wrote:

As a Fitbit user,

I would like the dashboard charts to be displayed in HTML5 canvas and not Flash,

So I can load the charts in mobile devices.

HTML5 charts can be secure if you use the https for the web APIs.  Flash is not that much secure either way, given that if the users are not updating the software application it’s a risk.  Flash also uses lot of memory, batter power, and doesn’t work in Surface and iPads.

suejetski
Recovery Runner

Agree. Flash is nearly dead - Please update the site to remove that awful technology.

Status changed to: Duplicate
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Duplicate of this established topic.

Jon2001
First Steps

Just another vote of agreement.  I use Android and on my home computers Linux, neither which likes Flash very much.  Flash can definately be a resource hog, I find sites that have switched over to HTML5 much nicer to use.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Agree. Find its not supported on some of my devices. Go html5.
Katcole7
Recovery Runner

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

🙂

RoP
Jogger

I have IE!! with Flash player integrated. The graphs do not display. They work fine under Google Chrome. Can I choose which Web browzer I want to use?

Gramps50
Runner

To view the graphs on the Dashboard you need Adobe Flash installed. This puts limitations on what browser and platform you can view you result details on. For instance I use my Android tablet a lot for many web activities including checking my Fitbit stats, forums etc. I can see my daily stats but not the graphs for comparison. Adobe Flash isn't supported on Android any longer, not sure the same is true for iPad or not.

Would think the same thing could be accomplished with HTML5

Classy
Base Runner
IOS (iPad / iPhone) have never supported Flash. I agree that a different display type needs to be used espcially now that both Android & iOS don't support Flash.
MattSando_
Recovery Runner
Yes, please!
Classy
Base Runner
I just signed up for the Premium Tools & really like how they look on a PC. But rarely do I get on a PC and mainly view my Dashboard & Premium Tools on my iPad Mini. Since the iPad / iPhone doesn't support Adobe Flash, there is very little I can see in my Premium Tools. It is very dials appointing. Please revise the graphics on the dashboard & Premium Tools so they don't require a Flash plug in and can be viewed on tablets & phones.
Arminder01
First Steps
Replace flash graphs with HTML 5 graphs. In the user/friends profiles, please use html 5 based graphs so that these can be viewed on iOS devoce.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.