Have both Sleep Stages and Regular Sleep (old view) views Available

No, I'm not going to complain about the new Sleep Stages, I actually think that it provides interesting information. However, I would like to suggest having both views available. I like to see my Restless/Active sleep patterns, but it would great to compare that, on a daily basis, to the Stages and see at which point I was hitting REM or Deep sleep.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

22 Comments
Mistybu3
First Steps

I've tried posting this in the Feature suggestions but for some reason, I can't post anything there. 

No, I'm not going to complain about the new Sleep Stages, I actually think that it provides interesting information. However, I would like to suggest having both views available. I like to see my Restless/Active sleep patterns, but it would great to compare that, on a daily basis, to the Stages and see at which point I was hitting REM or Deep sleep. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Maedie
Jogger

Why change something when it ain't broke? My ongoing sleep study requires info regarding specific patterns wen it comes to my awake time, restless times etc. & now I find the detailed information is no longer available. The sleep log and heart rate monitor were the infuencing factors, the MAIN reasons, I purchased my fitbit.

I read the sleep log details are available on my laptop, but I don't take my laptop along to my Doctor's appointments, I take my cell phone with the App. My Doctors use the IMPORTANT info from the App for their records. There's a BIG difference with my Doctor being able to visually see the times I'm awake & restless & me saying to him "I was awake 9 times during the course of the night, the same the night before & every night this past week too". 

Again, changing something that was a key element to statistical information halfway through the game is a big No No.

I would appreciate knowing if this feature has gone for good or if Fitbit will reconsider their decision to remove this vital sleep log statistic & reinstate it.  

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is now upset having paid out a little over $200 for a Tracker that no longer provides one of the MAIN reasons for their initial purchase.

I'm definitely not happy, not only at this vital information record being deleted without communicating the fact (or did I miss the memo), but also I may need to spend another few hundred dollars on a Tracker that does provide me/my Doctors with vital information. 

Mistybu3
First Steps
I agree with you, but my point was to have BOTH views available.

Sande
buzzworth
Jogger

Why do I have to sign in to check my sleep now?  The new chart lacks much information, Now I need to find a different fitness tracker since Fitbit has changed.

Javelina
Jogger

I agree.  I have to keep signing in and the new information is hard to read.  Plus the loss of the percentage is going to drive me to use my Spire and I will not invest in a new fitbit when my Alta dies, I'll just go back to a watch.  This is absolutely a case of breaking something that didn't need fixing.

oscarwildette
Recovery Runner

I am yet to see sleep stages (Charge HR, android. windows 10) so cant comment however could we please have the time hover function back?

This is helpful to see exact details of time periods slept especially for those with sleep apnoea or disturbance/restless times.

Efletchr
First Steps

@Maedie i saw you post in another thread about sleeo but couldnt reply. Hope you see this here. If you dont have your laptop at the doctors, you can go the website on your phone. Just go to fitbit.com and login. Then he can see the sleep info that way. Hope that helps. Im also waiting for the new features to start working with sleep. And i miss being able to see the times im awake or restless too. 

buzzworth
Jogger

Thanks.  I also need to know the times I am awake and the "improved" sleep page leaves much to be desired.  Why they changed it is beyond me.

Texnance
Jogger

I have a Charge 2 and I'm not liking the new Sleep Stages.  I would like to have access to the Sleep Pattern as well.  Can't you give us a way to see both on the Dashboard?  That way we don't have to give up one for the other.  Or give us a toggle so we can choose which we would prefer to see, instead of forcing us to have the Sleep Stages.

wilson6427
First Steps

I have the Alta HR. The new sleep pattern is too much information. It's useful to have, but for day-day quick reference the "classic sleep pattern" provides fast reference. I'm good with either a toggle, or both (as Texnance recommended on 5/9/17).

By the way. I love the Alta HR. It's perfect except that it does not measure floors...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

RobertGlen
First Steps

I find the dashboard sleep presentation on my Alto HR inconsistent. There appears to be two formats for presenting sleep data. I would like it to be either permanently displayed in one format or to have control of the format displayed. My preference would be for the format that displays Deep Sleep and REM.

AsJaySees
Jogger

I don't like how the sleep tracking counts restless sleep, as if it's awake time. 

I think its subtracting too much time from my overall sleep. I'd like the restless time to be included in overall time sleeping, like it used to be. 

Or have an option to include it. Or at the very least, add a total time in bed metric. I sometimes just want to know how well I'm doing with sleep schedule (If I'm allocating enough time). I'll be in bed for 8 hours and your trackers says 6.5 hours of sleep. I appreciate the detailed analysis, but not at the cost of knowing how long I allocated each night.  I need the traditional sleep metric. went to be at 12 got up at 8. Total bed time = 8 hours or total sleep time including restless.  I hope you can address this.  I love fit bit sleep tracking, its the best there is, but I'm afraid that its been hobbled a bit, by adding the extra detail and losing the overall picture.  I hope they can change this...

Fierfly
First Steps

I love the sleep stages but it would be nice to see the information from the simple one too. For example, I like knowing how many minutes it took me to fall asleep and how many times I woke. Then I can go what did I do before I fell asleep last night for it to take me 30 minutes to fall asleep whereas yesterday it only took me 5. 

aroonb
Jogger

Looks like many folks are missing the 'old' dashboard..

Not sure what is the right solution...But couple of ideas here..

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Sleep-information-on-new-dashboard/idi-p/2629805 (looks like time infomation is available in desktop...but not in app).

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/30-min-timeslot-in-Sleep-Dashboard/idi-p/2756579 (This is my suggestion. May be easier. But I am ok with other options as well

alflock
First Steps

Yes, or just a button to stop sleep stages. I've found sleep stages to be WILDLY inaccurate which has caused my time asleep to be completely wrong.  

Texnance
Jogger

I continue to hope for a solution to this problem.  Most nights (unless I forget) I turn my heart rate monitor off in the settings, so the fitbit can't generate the sleep stages graph.  I still would like to have a system that would let us see both sleep patterns and sleep stages, not one or the other..

alflock
First Steps
Breaking one feature should not be the solution to "fix" the other feature. I hope fitbit soon realizes how much an issue this is and fixes it. I just want accurate sleep data why is that such a difficult fix?
Javelina
Jogger
I might try that. Settings on the computer, correct?

Deb Thalasitis
dthalasitis@gmail.com
Texnance
Jogger

Yes, I can change the heart rate (off/on/auto) setting to "off" on the computer or my smart phone app (making sure I snych up the change so it goes into effect).  Then I just turn the heart rate setting back "on" in the morning.

wilson6427
First Steps

Thank you for the tip. It worked.

The only problem is that you loose your sleeping pulse rate.

I am hoping Fitbit adds this functionality soon.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 😉

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.