Ability To Edit Manually Logged Exercise Type

I'm not sure what has changed, but it seems that I am no longer able to Edit Activities.  This seems like a huge inconvenience.  Sometimes having to enter actvities can be annoying, but it's helpful to have that feature.  What is annoying is that if I make a mistake, I am unable to correct it without having to delete and restart.  I bought this Fitbit to make tracking my exercise easier, not more difficult.  I am trying to find reasons to continue using it, but making tracking harder is not helping.  Please fix!  Thanks so much!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

1,051 Comments
quark99
First Steps

Looks like replying by email got a disclaimer added en route. Not to worry, I'll just edit the post and remove it. Oh...

Kwakka3
Recovery Runner

Definately need to be able to change exercise type please. Recently changed to Android and now I have to set my app on RUN instead of WALK to get the voice cues to work. No way to correct. It's possible on ENDOMONDO 

Morinoonna
Jogger

So, yesterday my fitbit shows me as working out for over 3 hours because I once again forgot to stop the workout after the fact, and this is hardly the first occurrence of it. Can we /please/ at least edit the workout times sometime soon? XD;

gryphiniii
Recovery Runner
I would like to either find a hacking friend who could figure out how to hack in and let us edit our work outs, or find a way to awake the FitBit programmers to our desires; somehow I would like to find a way to be more strident in vocalizing this desire for added functionality.
rbkburke
First Steps

Adding my voice to the crowd here. I often forget to start or stop the tracking in time and it's frustrating that I can't go back and edit those. It's a feature available in plenty of other trackers and apps so I would love to see Fitbit add it. 

fitblit
Recovery Runner

I can't believe this was reported in 2014 and it's still not fixed.... 

AntBoots
Jogger

Thought I'd just mention again that this can be done if you have a PC and install the Fitbit App. Very strange that Fitbit have this facility here but not anywhere else, but it should keep the conspiracy theory people calm as it definitely can be done without the FBI shooting me for amending my workouts 😮

ddelapasse
First Steps

So disappointed in my Ulta hr!   It doesn't detect my entire aerobics class and I can't edit afterwards. I had my husband's old charge2 hr, but kept forgetting to stop the workout.   I don't understand how fitbit has a large market share with such a poor product.  I'm going to try to return mine.

Kasseux
Stepping Up

Hi, 

I've been a Fitbit user for a shprt while now and I'm loving it. The UI is just great but I have a suggestion regarding the log for excersizing. 

It would be nice if you could rename them in the log e.g leg session, arms session etc . This would be quite practical for active people at the gym! 

Woker
First Steps

This is a little frustrating. Fitbit is one of the larger names in wearable technologies and something as simple as editing activity would be a super helpful fix and shouldn't take that long to add to the platform. This discussion has been on the forum for 3 1/2 years. There are other tracking sites that let you trim activity. Did a half marathon today and left my tracker on for 45 minutes after the race, including half of my drive home. Wish there was a simple fix to take that off my race details.

halemari26
First Steps

I think it's ridiculous that you STILL can't edit workout times.  I've lost track of the amount of times I've forgotten to end a workout and ended up with a 2.5 hour "workout" with messed up HR averages and calorie burn because of it.  I've had a fitbit since 2015 and this has always bugged me.  I'm pretty close to just getting a Garmin.

poliscipunk
First Steps
Garmin is a much better watch. I have a Vivoactive HR but bought a Fitbit
thinking it would be an upgrade with a prettier display. The Fitbit doesn't
even do the basic stuff well. The lap counts aren't accurate, the running
distance with GPS is not aligned with known mileage, and it doesn't
calibrate. Garmin does all of those things well, and if it is off, I can
edit later. I'll never buy a Fitbit again. In fact, anyone want to buy
mine? Willing to let it go for cheap.--

-David
jessehouwing
Recovery Runner

I'd love this. I suppose like many others there are different options and difficulty we'd like to see:

• Trim: The ability to cut off a bit at the start and a bit at the end. 
  • Edit: The ability to remove individual measurements or GPS locations. When walking through the mountains for example, the location may jump back and forth between GPS tracked and Phone location tracked positions. This may cause very strange routes to be created. Runkeeper has an option to add and delete individual points.

But what I'd love even more:

• Auto-stop/pause: when a manual activity seems to be "standing still", but it's an outdoor biking, running etc exercize, just buzz my device or create a segment or something like that. You can auto-start, so why not auto-end.

LoriSunrise
Jogger

Please please bring back the ability to edit workouts. I went for a 36 minute run, but forgot to stop the tracking and now it's an hour and 13 minutes, and a good 45 min of that was sitting on my butt eating dinner after my post run stretching. 

Not being able to at a minimum edit the end time of a run is a bit ridiculous. I can edit my sleep log, why not run log?! Please fix!

Riddle0
Jogger

+1  to get the edit activities feature back into the Android app.

Having once again gotten on the elliptical for 40minutes. Start the Fitbit tracking 10 minutes late and forget to stop it for 10 hours.  Wanting to edit!

To do this edit, buy an IOS device! 😞    Or, buy a Windows 10 laptop. 😞    Then follow the complicated steps to download, install, run and edit.

Having been in the software business for 35 years, I understand what might have gone down.  The Android app contractor did their job and then left.  She did not save the current version.  No new contractor can find the existing code base, so they don't put the feature back.  The IOS people won't talk to the Android temp people who won't talk to the Windows people.  The 4 year old, 2,400+ vote feature does not get added.  Fitbit is not the only company that operates like this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

@Riddle0 

That's just wild speculation, plus inaccurate. I have an Android phone and a Windows 10 laptop, and also another one with Linux. And my girlfriend has an Iphone. Your cannot edit activities or workouts, period, in any platform.

What's most frustrating in this thread is nobody from Fitbit has come here to give any explanation, whatever: we'll fix it, or we won't because something.

It doesn't speak well of caring for your customers. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
On an IPhone you use the three dots at the top right hand corner of the exercise to change the time of exercise if you forget to turn off a walk or such . I’ve posted detailed pics here before.
Heiks
Recovery Runner
Thanks for the tip! I'm also getting very frustrated by Fitbit not even replying to these posts and ignoring their customers! Garmin is for me too next time, no way will I upgrade my Fitbit 😞
ddelapasse
First Steps
I'm also a software developer. I totally think you're right!

They can approximate the calories. We won't be mad if it's slightly off.
Just let us edit the ;&$# start/end times!
Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TryingToMakeIt and commenters, I know this has been a popular feature suggestion for some time so I'm happy to share an update that this has been developed, although currently for iOS users only. iOS users are now able to edit their end times for manually logged activity. Please test this out and let us know how it is!

I have started a new feature suggestion for Android users only here. Thanks for your continued patience.

Eyecubed
Jogger

Attention Android Users:  Now there is this: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Ability-To-Edit-Exercise-Duration-for-Android-Us... thread for us specifically to comment... Please go forth and comment. Thanks! 

Moderator edit: Word choice.

lmtow
First Steps
Sadly, that is in no way what we were asking for. As far as I can tell, in the app there is still no way to edit details. In fact, I see no change whatsoever. Am I missing something?
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

But this makes no sense. Why would Android user have a different

approach to their fitness tracking than iOS users?

It's like suggesting that Windows users would their Word
applications to autocorrect while they write whereas Apple users don't care
(or the other way around). In reality, most of the people using a word
processor would like to have an autocorrect feature at hand.

Here is the same: Fitbit users (not iOS or Android users, Fitbit users)
want a feature. Why make it available just for a portion of them? Why
do you have to create another thread for Android users? 

This is supposed to be about a Fitbit user experience, not about an iOS
user experience or a Android user experience.

So, now what, will there always be features to people with Iphones and
other features to people with Android phones? What about the web dashboard,
is that ALSO another world? Should you open a thread "for web dashboard
user only"?

This is actually the worst response ever: "Hi guys, this request has been
very popular, so I'm happy to tell you that only half of you will get it.
For the other half, let's start from scratch and good luck".

Moderator edit: Word choice and format.

jensentca
First Steps

This is not about iOS or Android (or web app), it's about a capability. So now we have to make a separate case for Android?!!?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy , an AT&T LTE smartphone

Moderator edit: Word choice.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

please all vote for the new thread that the fitbit moderator has created, although most of you probably already went to garmin in the meantime

Status changed to: Released

Hi @TryingToMakeIt and commenters, I know this has been a popular feature suggestion for some time so I'm happy to share an update that this has been developed, although currently for iOS users only. iOS users are now able to edit their end times for manually logged activity. Please test this out and let us know how it is!

I have started a new feature suggestion for Android users only here. Thanks for your continued patience.

Keeping Pace

Attention Android Users: Apparently this thread was not good enough for fitbit to determine if android users would like to edit their exercises. Now there is this: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Ability-To-Edit-Exercise-Duration-for-Android-Us... thread for us specifically to comment... Please go forth and comment. Thanks! 

btw totally agree with catenaccio, this shouldn't be about OS 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.