I want 5 minutes to count for active minutes

ABC reported today on research from National Institutes of Health that even 5 minute bouts of moderate exercise counts towards being healthy. I changed my Active Minutes setting on Flex 2 to 5 minutes. However, my fitbit did not count my 5 minute periods as active minutes. Even if you keep the default at 10 minutes, can we have the option to track our 5 minute periods? And can the lowest setting under Track Exercise be changed to 5 minutes? Thanks for considering my suggestion.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

4 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful. I wasn't aware that the National Institutes of Health made research about that. If possible, please share the news with us as comment on this suggestion or edit the original idea. Thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Lisalethin
First Steps
Per ABC news article 3/25/18:

Article title:
Even short bouts of exercise can reduce Americans’ risk of disease and death, study says

Intro sentences:
Do the national exercise guidelines need a change? That’s a question raised by a new study by researchers at the National Cancer Institute and the National Institutes of Health.

Lisa

Sent from my iPhone
iChadman
Base Runner

I feel like 10 minutes is sometimes not achievable in one attempt. 1-minute exercise increments would be best to capture any active minutes during the day instead of being completely disregarded if less than 10 consecutive minutes. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.