Unicode to support Notifications on Cyrillic, Greek for Smartwatches

Please add Unicode characters table on Ionic to support world languages.

(Notifications on Cyrillic, Greece, Hebrew, Indian, Czech, Slovak etc.)

Unfortunately, right now I can see question marks instead of Cyrillic characters in notifications.

Thank you in advance!

Moderator Edition Title Update for Clarity and Labels.

155 Comments
MikeGn
Runner

Hebrew support is set as Not Planned.

It seems Fitbit either neglected non-latin market or they never really planned to make a real smartwatch - only an improved fitness tracker.

avasm
First Steps

Support for adding multiple languages and unicode for ionic! If a company wants to reach the level of smart watches, it's just NECESSARILY!

Moufassa
First Steps

Hi, I really would appreciate  understanding why we are stuck in the 90's when it comes to unicode, and right to left languages. I bought the fitbit ionic yesterday and was disappointed to see that most of my notifications, calls, emails, etc. are unreadable as I get them in Hebrew. I moved from an android wear watch which supported it and I am surprised this is not something that is being taken care of despite years of comments on the matter on this forum. Please let us know when this will fixed so we can appreciate the value of an activity tracker with benefits of a smartwatch in 2018. Thanks.  

OlegM
Recovery Runner

Hello!

It looks like Fitbit want to lose everything to APPLE: https://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS43598218

avasm
First Steps

Hello! 

I think fitbit simply must bring their OS in order soon! because Ionic very steep! and you cannot navigate only on the United States market

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @OlegMthanks for sharing this suggestion. Cyrillic character support is being discussed for an upcoming FWUP for Fitbit Ionic (this will likely not be applied to previous devices). Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

OlegM
Recovery Runner

Hi @LizFitbit, thank you for your answer. I used Charge2 for almost a year and now bought Ionic. I'm completely satisfied with functionality of the product as Fitness Bracelet, but Ionic have much more power inside and have to become full functional smartwatch. IMHO, support of unicode will add much more happy customers to Fitbit outside of the US. Ionic is much better in sleep and activity monitoring than any other vendor, so, please just let yourself to win on smartwatch market and add unicode support for better satisfaction of Ionic owners. Thank you in advance!

Kathlyn.S
Stepping Up

Why are you going to support only Ionic?! I don't like it's design, I like the way  my fitbit Alta looks like. I don't wanna have smart WATCH I want to have smart BAND with watch. But I still also want to have a cyrillic letters to be understood on my device. Fitbit costs very much in compare to Xiaomi mi band 2 or Huawei band 2, or Huawei Honor 3 but all these bands already understand cyrillic letters!!!! I love my fitbit but with a such attitude soon it will be much easier to change a tracker(( Fitbit used to be better and ahead of the others, but now others overtake. Please integrate this feature with ALL your products. 

greg77
Stepping Up

I bought a Fitbit Ionic but as smartwatch does not support Greek Language. I believe that is a deterrent factor to buy someone a Fitbit smartwatch. Please do something soon, because I don't want to sell it!

wbadawi
Jogger

Hi,

Just got my Ionic 4 days ago, was really exited, it is really a great watch, I am moving from my Samsung Gear S2, today I decided to give it back since I can't use mostly all my contacts, songs names, news and messages since all are mostly in arabic and I just see BOXs...

would have been happy to keep the watch, but it seems that I can't ignore the fact that I use a lot of Arabic which is supported on any device I had since years ....

Would love to move back to fitbit when you support that.

OlegM
Recovery Runner

Just installed new release 27.32.4.19.

At least, I can see Cyrillic characters in notifications!
Thank you very much for the new firmware!

Amurad2018
First Steps

Pebble had this problem - it wouldn't display certain languages, and they would appear as squares (i.e. unsupported). 

A few within the Pebble Community created a patch that enabled the pebble to display Arabic/Hebrew languages - essentially, the pebble remains in English, but has the ability to display arabic messages. 

It would be great to have this feature as well on Fitbit. 

prapharat
First Steps

Hi,

I like this idea, please additional a Thai Language.

Thanks,

Arabic
Jogger

What about Arabic ?

prapharat
First Steps
Unicode of Thai language (Formal language of Thailand ) is UTF-8 .
ALDOSSERY
Stepping Up

Hi 

Why the latest update does not support the Arabic language, this is not fair

prapharat
First Steps
I think so.
Ababneh
Jogger

An immediate update for Fitbit Ionic, to support Arabic Language.

Mohannad02
Jogger

add also to the versa 

MNabeel
First Steps

Almost two years now and still the Blaze is not supporting Arabic, which most of the watches do already.

I'm very disappointed and I'll have to consider changing the watch and recommend other not to buy it...

Smiley Frustrated

Mohannad02
Jogger

Plz invite others to vote for this thread to support langauges including Arabic

Iblaaa1293
First Steps

Come on guys cut the BS. ADD ALL LANGUAGES including Arabic.

Amurad2018
First Steps

Please add Arabic language support - at least for incoming notifications! 

Amurad2018
First Steps

I think I will hold off on purchasing the versa, until after the Arabic support is added on. 

Mohannad02
Jogger

We need to keep updating, commenting and voting till this is fixed

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.