More breathing patterns for Relax app

Optional breathing patterns would be awesome, possibly with breath holds. Stress management like garmin watches would be great aswell. Especially notifications when your stress levels are high. Allow customize breathing intervals.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject & Labels

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @Aaroncollyer10

Thank you for sharing your ideas! I could definitely see how it could be useful for a lot of users.

In regards to the stress manager, perhaps you could support this suggestion by commenting on it and voting for it.

Let's see what other users think about this idea.

Edwin3874
Recovery Runner

I would like this option for the blaze watch 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Could you add a setting for the relax app on charge 3 to be able to adjust the breathing rate? It’s way too slow for me. I have a lung condition that increases my breathing rate. It would be great if you could provide a range from 5 to 60 breaths per minute. Thanks

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Terri53226
First Steps

I practice yoga and the current breathing pace is way too fast for me. I would like to be able to modify to a pace of slower and deeper breaths. If I follow the pace of my charge 3 I feel as if I’m hyperventilating. Thanks for considering. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

If I use standart relax app I get headache.
Please make some breathing methods, begging for box breathing, it would be really awesome feature...

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity and labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FridayLover, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about having more breathing methods in the Relax app! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

fliebel
Recovery Runner

Related is the 4-7-8 technique for falling asleep. Would be a very awesome feature, as I lose count all the time.

I also agree that the current Fitbit breathing exercise feels uncomfortable.

darzid
First Steps

I've started to train my breathing according to the Heart Math research about Heart Coherence.

To lower stress levels, scientific research has shown thay a breathing interval of 4:6 or 5:5 is recommended, with a second at the end to keep your breath (so, 3 in, hold 1 second, 5 out, hold 1 second, or 4 in, hold 1 second, 4 out, hold 1 second).

The "The Breathing App" on Android (there's also a similar one on iPhone) is a good example. It allows you to choose between a couple of intervals. 

The current Relax app settings are much less effective for me, when it comes to lowering my heart rate (so the Harmony is much lower), when compared to using the 5:5 setting in the Breathing App. 

But, I'd much prefer using the Relax app on my Fitbit for my Heart Coherence training than an app on my phone, and the UI of the Relax app (on my Charge 3) is perfect. So, just adding a simple configuration screen in the mobile app that would allow me to choose different intervals (at least 4:6 and 5:5), with a better "breath hold" of 1 second, would make the Relax app much more useful for stress reduction and improved Heart/Lungs/Brain communication.

I really notice the difference in the resulting heartrate. Currently the Relax app doesn't do the trick for me, but it could be so much more effective with such a (reasonable simple) configuration screen.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @darzid, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

FitFam05
First Steps
An options to add notification reminders to use the relax feature through the day.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FitFam05, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see relax notifications on your Fitbit device. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes.

I'd like to mention that there is a clock face on Fitbit Gallery with hourly reminders to stay calm down and relax: Breathe.

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MNewc
First Steps

Definitely more options. Box breathing is a good one. In general I find the intervals too short and inhale for a inhale/exhale cycle and often exhale for an inhale/exhale/inhale cycle, so some way to revise the length of the cycle would be great. 

Plantvoi
Recovery Runner
I am hoping for more breathing exercises. I don't consider 'Relax' function on Fitbit trackers and smartwatches to be enough. There could be so much more - box breathing, 4-7-8 technique, pranayama as well as custom modes. This would also fit well in the lifestyle functions that Fitbit is known for.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Plantvoi. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have more breathing sessions on your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

This is really important feature and not so hard to deploy, please answer officially

Semvn
Base Runner

This would be so useful. Now it only has one exercise with two timers, and it doesn't relax me at all as its frequency is twice as fast as my natural breathing pattern. You can do some many creative things with breathing, it's really a missed opportunity, especially as this watch is more oriented towards wellness than towards sports.

FridayLover
Recovery Runner

So sad that fitbit doesn't pay any attention to their customer's wishes
Don't even talking about unreleased features which was promoted to sell as much products as possible

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FridayLover, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having more breathing patterns such as box breathing with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. We'll keep tracking this request over time, so please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Veepo
Base Runner
The rate is too fast. I find myself never being able to breath deep enough. The majority of the time, my heart rate is higher than what I started with.
BiagioFitbit
Fitbit
Fitbit

I agree that more customization would be help make this app even more useful.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Veepo, thanks for sharing this suggestion about the possibility of changing the breathing pattern to make it a bit slower. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help the team of developers to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote and to keep track of popularity and demand over time. Don't forget to add your vote and comments to Support this idea. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.