Increase challenge participants to greater than 10

We (my Fitbit friends) would like to increase the challenge numbers to include more than 10 people. Our group includes way more than 10 who are active and want play

Moderator edit: labels

600 Comments
Sjbruner
First Steps
Currently, you can only be in 5 challenges at a time and this includes the 12 hours to sync after the challenge ends. This creates overlap between daily, weekly and weekend challenges. I have 3-4 different groups of friends that do challenges continually but I often cannot join them because I am still in the 12 hour syncing period from the previous ones. Please increase the number of challenges or don't count the challenge once it ends and is just waiting to sync.
Additionally, another user posted about creating team challenges and this would be helpful too. More people in one challenge but in a team format.
LUCY
First Steps
Hello
Can you guys invent or create other ways to motivate people to compete on fitbit app...examples. ..be able to add more people to compete besides the max of 10 or head to head competition for a wk or so. The weekend warrior, daily showdown or work wk competition is fun and all, but at times not motivating.
thank you
mbrett4
First Steps

Please make it so that more than 10 people can be in a challenge.  I work in a school and we are trying to get all of the teachers involved.  More and more teachers keep going out to buy fitbits to be involved in our challenges and we have just learned that we cannot include them all because of a 10 person limit.  Our workweek challenges that involve everyone from work are resulting in us leaving staff out.  Please update the app so that more participants can be added.  We all really enjoy our fitbits and love the idea of getting more fit as a staff, but are limited because of inclusion restrictions.  Please update soon so that we can all get involved.  We would love to encourage more staff to buy, but this is hindering that. Please help!!

Thank you 🙂 

Moderator Edit: Labels.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think it would be interesting to have a bunch of people in a Challenge. It would increase the competitive level. I encourage you to keep sharing your thoughts and ideas over the Community!

See you later!

MarkeithaH
First Steps
I work for a county health department. I am vey interested in getting a large group of county employees (2000) engaged in a challenge and a large portion of the community in tracking physical activity. Please consider adding a feature that can issue challenges and track data from large numbers within the same group.
MyZenNolan
Jogger

This feature has been requested multiple times over the past year with the same moderator response. They like the idea. However it hasn't changed at all. 😞

MyZenNolan
Jogger

For reference, this has more than 700 votes and no movement: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Customize-Challenges/idi-p/691569

AAnderson10
Recovery Runner

I agree and I keep voting for these suggestions whenever I see them.  A group of sorority sisters and I (about 20-25 of us) would like to be able to have one challenge for all of us, instead of limiting our weekly challenges to the first 10 who respond to the invite each week.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@kimmiikat This is a great idea! Challenges will be funnier if more people can join, competition will be tougher and big groups of friends or families will be able to compete. I hope this will be implemented in the nearest future. Let's keep voting for this idea! Smiley Very Happy

Kajuanna
Recovery Runner
I agree. I ended up having to run 2 separate weekend challenges because a few people didn't get it quick enough. That's a fine workaround, but it would be nice for everyone who knows each other to be able to see each other.
JM22
Recovery Runner
I'd also like to see this feature. I have a group of coworkers who all have the Fitbit and like to compete. We're forced to invite 13 people or so, but then three people get closed out if they are the last to see the invite. Please fix this!
ksp13
First Steps

Agreed! We just bought fitbits for the entire family for Christmas and it's REALLY dispappointing to have to leave out two people in challenges every week. This seems like a really easy fix, wish they would act on this!!

boomer123
First Steps
I also want to have more people allowed into a challenge!
Weenafin86
First Steps
We have the same problem, leaving out people is not fun and starting a few groups is just not the same! Please change the app so more people can be allowed in the challenges!
Hubinski
First Steps
Fitbit? Are you listening? You may want to catch Lightening in a bottle before people lose interest.
ButtercupBlue
Jogger
Have you tried setting up a group activity from the website? It looks like it has the facility to accommodate large groups.
Hubinski
First Steps
I have not, I will take a look. Thanks.
Capnpatty
First Steps
Agree. Please get rid of of the 10 people limit for challenges!!!!!!
Kevin2016
First Steps
Looks like this is a common request. How about unlimited? It seems to be more fun with more friends.
lilemike973
First Steps
Agree. I belong to large running club where we like to use the fitbit to compete. Disappointing we can only have 10 people, maybe we will use someone else's product.
MikeDex66
First Steps
Such a critical feature add! When are you planning to increase the limit beyond 10 per challenge?
Bleueyes01
Jogger
A bunch of co-workers and myself all have fitbits and would love to all be able to join challenges together. The whole idea behind all of us but I g them was to push each other to achieve more steps and exercise. We have more than 10 people so unfortunately this is not possible. Would love for the number of people per challenge to be raised!!
UKPALo
First Steps
10 people is not enough in the challenges. I run a fitness group and many of my members want to challenge each other. We are resorting to several challenges to include people but with the limit on challenges set to 5 it's not only confusing but seemingly impossible!
Lisaberry
First Steps
Yes! We definitely need more than 10 in each challenge!!
UKPALo
First Steps
Come on already! This is a really frustrating issue
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.