Integrate with iOS Health

Hi there,

I'm really excited about Apple's announcement of the Health App in iOS 8 to be release this fall.  I'm looking forward to seeing a product announcement by Fitbit for a successor to the recalled Fitbit Force, and I'm really hoping to hear some exciting news about Fitbits intigration with Apple's new Health App to be released alongside iOS 8 this fall.  

This is a huge oportunity to make your devices even smarter and more integrated - Please support these APIs!  Thanks!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

4,966 Comments
Jonesy
Jogger

Yes, I have IOS 8 loaded and would love to see my Fitbit data in the health app also.

Simon
Jogger

I hope Fitbit add the data to the Health app.

I want to stick with my Fitbit because I've used it everyday since about 2011! or something and have reached almost 8 Million Steps! 🙂

I also hope Fitbit bring a new device with more features to upgrade the Fitbit One. I don't like the wristband Trackers. I don't think they will be as good at giving good accurate tracking. 

Thanks

catherineryan
Recovery Runner

Hello! I'm hoping that with the launch of iOS8 in the autumn, and the promised Healthkit app, you will look towards integration of Fitbit within that! What you have is already great but it would be fantastic if those apps 'talked' to one another so as to integrate more users' attempts to follow a healthy lifestyle. Thanks!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
cclakeman
First Steps

I agree with the comments regarding integration with the Apple Healthkit / Health app.  Given that Apple showed the Fitbit app on stage during their iOS 8 announcement, I would think there is a really good chance that they will be integrated (likely day 1).  Fitbit seems to be one of the front-runners there.  

I am also hopeful that the fitbit activity tracking recently released in the iOS version of their app becomes more robust.  Sure, it can play your music and GPS track your walking / running, but it has a long way to go to supplant the likes of Runtastic or even the slightly less likeable RunKeeper

TechLover22
First Steps
Please incorporate the HealthKit APIs to the FitBit app on iOS 8 in order for the stock Health app in iOS 8 to collect all the data gathered from the FitBit app on iOS. This will allow me to manage all the data from all the health and fitness apps in one app. Please take this feedback into consideration.
coolcamper
First Steps

ios8 is going to launch soon, i am surprised we have not heard anything from fitbit on integration with healthkit. I hope they do that soon else they will be left out with all other new companies taking advantage of healthkit

ryandude
First Steps
Hello. I have an idea for the Fitbit app. Soon, Apple will have a new feature for iOS 8 called Healthbook. Perhaps the developers could update the Fitbit app so the activity and sleep info from the app can be sent to Healthbook.
TechLover22
First Steps
I just hope that they come out with an update to include the HealthKit integration before iOS 8 officially released to allow beta testers like my self with a FitBit to test out the functionality before iOS 8 is officially released to the public.
Craig
Distance Runner

It would be great if fitbit and health vault would get together and set where totally writes both Ways so fitbit get HV numbers and  HV gets fitbit info pllease

Lilpigg
Jogger
I agree! Right now you have to have the Premium Subscription. We actually purchased a Fitbit and are into fitness enough to wear it, track the results etc. The HV info would be so helpful!
pbstarr
First Steps

Is there any updated news on how fitbit will integrate with iOS8? 

Havenocents
Base Runner

Well its coming out next week, and I still haven't heard anything.  If fitbit does not integrate with healthkit, I will no longer use it.

mike3k
Jogger

I'd love to see it work with Healthkit in iOS 8.

mr0c
Recovery Runner
+1 for iOS HealthKit integration 🙂
edparry
Jogger

Another vote for HealthKit integration in iOS 8!

steve71
Stepping Up

When will fitbit be updating the app to integrate with Apple's health app.  The iOS8 upgrade is out today.  Disappointed that fitbit isnt already ready for this.  Seems like fitbit is behind on a lot lately - e.g. where is the new device or at least some information??

Aaronfmd
First Steps

Just upgraded to iOS 8, and I have the Health app.  But no FitBit anywhere to be seen.  Please integrate!

halogen
Jogger

agreed. +1

TimNgwena
Recovery Runner

Headed straight here after updating to ios8 .

I know it's probably soon but in general would be great to know more about what fitbit is planning for the future. Looking at other platforms they haven't got anything solid out but at least they've outlined their plans and hopes. Since the force got pulled, haven't heard anything. Come on chaps keep your die hard fans excited, it's gotten a little stale. I'm still using your flex now nearly two or three years old and it's great. I can only imagine what you have lined up will be to. Just give us some sneak peaks. 

diggator
Recovery Runner

Wondering if there is any information regarding this topic, now that Healthbook is out. How does Fitbit connect to Healthbook?

lcynicl
Base Runner

Hi folks, I'd like to join the chorus in encouraging Fitbit to provide integration with the IOS health app.

Thanks.

medicineman47
Jogger

What, its not already integrated.  I bet the Nike fuelband is.  hmm  maybe......

DemianDave
First Steps

I'll be pissed if Fitbit doesn't get the integration going quickly.  

Hurry up Fitbit folks.  I'm hoping you've done the update already and it's just stalled on the Apple release side.

PixelWizard
First Steps

Ditto.  I want to see my Aria data in my iOS Health app please.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.