Make a discount for the frontline workers/healthcare workers

I know that during this crazy time a lot of companies are offering discounts for those working on the frontlines. I was wondering if such a discount is available in the fitbit community?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

9 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @dtfit , and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about a discount for frontline  healthcare workers with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

GusnBruh
First Steps

I think that front line workers (healthcare in particular) need to be able to keep track of their vital signs easily. The feedback that a Fitbit provides could help keep in good health with exercise reminders as well as detect early signs of an infection. We have to be in good health to provide quality care to our patients.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I just google to see what kind of discount is available for healthcare employees/frontline employees is available.  It's about ten employees who are looking forward to getting a Fitbit.  

Lagos
Jogger

Healthcare worker here who would also love a frontline discount!!!

665FPG
First Steps

I've been using fitbit for few years and it defitely helps with staying connected to phone without pulling out phone especially as a nurse working with patients and doctors.  Also a nice distraction and support with coworkers and comparing our stats.  I noticed Veterans, their caregivers and VA staff have free premium membership.  Can this offer be extended to frontline workers? Please and thank you!

Triciamae81
First Steps

I absolutely agree with prior comment with it being discreet and a very liable device in the medical field , it’s good to track personal vitals pull up a second hand on the clock and I read about tracking early COVID 19 detection , is this still available? If so I’d like more information and is there a discount I’d like to upgrade my device. 

TeamWaugh
First Steps

Still no time like the present for supporting front line workers like nurses! Think of all the nurse data you can get from s covid or noncovid study!!!

KatyCat
Jogger

I agree that healthcare workers should get a discount similar to military in these difficult times and just in general. They have put their health on the line for others, and it would be nice for fitbit to give back. Also, it would probably be great advertising for fitbit and encouragement to take better care of themselves for patients to see fitbits on the arms of doctors, nurses and other workers taking care of them.

Andrews1
First Steps

I don't know why people are concentrating on healthcare workers...... if it is going to be for one then it should be for all of the emergency workers IE blue light card style discount they have all worked hard 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.