Keep clock face/device screen on for longer

I work in EMS and love my new Ionic, but when trying to count my patients heart rate and respiration's I keep having to push the button with my other hand which I usually have on the patients arm.  This makes it hard to watch the clock, and flicking my wrist doesn't always work.  It would be nice if there was an option to keep the watch face active for more that 20 seconds, maybe give the options for 1 minute and 2 minutes also.  I understand that will cause the battery to not last as long but that would be my choice.  Thanks for your time. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

270 Comments
kjs778
First Steps

i want this to look like a watch face...to stay showing time and HR unless I need another feature...is that possible in upgrades to how it works?

faith789
Jogger

I gave up my watch to wear this, as thay looked stupid together.

I think my flex should also be a watch, if I will continue this long term.

Is it possible to wear it on my dominant hand?

Marion

kirkwalker
Jogger

I also would like this. At the very least please make it where when I am in workout mode I can continually see my heart rate! That is why I bought this watch!

osu4life
Stepping Up

I agree - this is the only reason I bought the charge HR...seems almost unreal that it doesnt have the ability to constantly display HR...will likely return if this isnt adressed...its worthless if I have to constantly push the button to display HR while spinning/etc...maybe Im missing something in the manual?

Bad_Horse
Recovery Runner

I suspect this is a compromise to improve battery life.  However, since the Charge HR has a 3-axis accelerometer it seems like it would be possible to implement the feature that some Android wearables have, where raising your wrist turns on the display for a moment.

Neone42
Jogger
I agree I am a nurse and need to be able to see seconds for at least 15 seconds.
osu4life
Stepping Up

Agreed - certainly because of battery life... but would prefer the choice be mine...even if it only displayed hr constantly when in workout mode...

AmyRNC
Keeping Pace

Please make this option available!  I hated wearing my watch and flex and watch both. I wanted the HR for the heart rate monitor. But was also really excited that I could wear only the fitbit. This needs to be a display option. 

gregbourn
First Steps

It says "continuous heart rate" on the box. This led me to believe one could view heart rate "continuously" but you can't. This is a major design flaw. I'll be returning mine.

Fyreflyre
First Steps

Yes, the device must be able to display HR perpetually, at least while in exercise mode.  I dont always have a hand free to hit the button--seems like a basic function (and most HR monitors' displays stay on).  Would be nice to be able to use as a watch, as well (with time always on) but this HR issue needs resolved ASAP.  I imagine many users bought the FitBit Charge HR thinking this functionality was out of box (myself included.)  I'd rather charge the unit more often than go without this...love the device and don't want to return it!  Give us this option please!

socks88
Premium User
First Steps

I want to see my heartrate displayed at all times when working out.

and when I am not working out, the time should be displayed aa a watch.

Firefighter39
First Steps

please do this or something like if u want it to stay on for 30 second 5 seconds isnt long enough

BButt
Stepping Up

I totally agree! I'm in the medical field and specifically purchased the charge HR because it displays the seconds, but the time doesn't stay on long enough to take vitals. It would also be nice to have the option to constantly see my heart rate during a workout. I'm willing to charge more frequently for these options

4N6Diva1
First Steps

Yes I too thought continuously HR display meant what it said

I waited for this model to purchase because I need to be able to see my HR during my whole workout

Please implement this feature ASAP

holysheets
Jogger
I agree permanent clock or which ever you set to should be a given!!
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

We currently do not have the option for a continuous time/HR display, but we will be sure to take up your feature request with our team. Thanks for sharing it with us.

rdlybeck
First Steps

Please add this clock always on feature!

ssnichs
Jogger
Def agree with need to be able to set an 'always view' feature for whichever item you need the most
FitRunnerUK
Jogger
Please implement this. Also give the option to switch off the time display at night for sleep!
Juiceboy_Jeff
First Steps
Really really want this. Especially during workout mode. Not having to press the button would be fantastic.
CHUCKIE
Jogger

I also want the following on the watch face as an available option:

Time, miles and HR .

Fitbit Surge ads almost invariably display the watch face with these 3 functions on the face!

Palmal
Recovery Runner

I vote in favor of fully configurable option... Permanent or temporary screen display on to of the decision what will be displayed first and in which order. I believe that it is so simple and so many customers want it that development team will consider this feature as priority! Thanks

Julienjut
First Steps

#1, I hope Time and Heart Rate can be displayed at the same screen on the face.

#2, The light latency can be set, such as forever, 2minutes, 1 minute, 30s, etc.

#3, A Gestrure can be set to easy for us to view information from the face.

Zii
Jogger
I'm in support of this. Looking through this feature request forum though, it doesn't look like Fitbit actually cares what we think.
mrtncw
Stepping Up

more clock display pls. i want this. 

surge.jpg

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.