Let us add or remove tiles from FitBit Today

I would like to be able to customize what displays in the FitBit today stats, like add my sleep or weight info or remove distance or calories burned, and rearrange the order of the display. Everyone's health goals are different and the ability to see what I need or want to see is important to me.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

46 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing your idea with everyone @micheleh98!  I think that a lot of users might be happy to add or remove tiles from there, great suggestion! You have the option to reorder the tiles by pressing and holding a row and then dragging it up or down to change its position, you can find more details about Fitbit Today here. I've retitled your suggestion to be more specif so others can vote for this idea as well. Thanks for sharing.

Let's see what others think about this.

JadeeMB
Jogger

You should be able to edit the 2 stats that appear on the “Today” screen on Versa watch (the screen where you see your 3 recently tracked exercises), as the 2 stats that currently show are of no interest to me as I would prefer to see other stats like distance and calories burned over average pace and average bpm. Thanks! 

theresarobi
Jogger

Being able to personalize the today screen would be very valuable. I for one do not need to see what day I am in my menstrual cycle every time I want to look at my steps (though it may be useful to see on app). 

arnold4008
Jogger

I would like the option to choose what appears in the versa device “today”screen. People like to play with it when they see it for the first time, and I don’t want “day X of cycle” to be visible at all. Not moved to bottom... I should be able to hide or remove the tile from the screen.

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @arnold4008. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

1saurabh6
Jogger

I Agree with the requester, even i have initiated a separate thread to ask the same. I should be able to choose what i have to see in the fitbit today dashboard.

@micheleh98 wrote:

I would like to be able to customize what displays in the FitBit today stats, like add my sleep or weight info or remove distance or calories burned, and rearrange the order of the display. Everyone's health goals are different and the ability to see what I need or want to see is important to me.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

SaraMF
First Steps

Yes!!! Please! This is nobody’s business and I def don’t want it displayed. It’s a great option for those who choose to track it but it should be just that: a choice. 

AbbieTres
Recovery Runner

I completely agree, why Fitbit thought it necessary for one of the today’s stats to be my menstral cycle I have no idea! I thought the idea of the versa was to be completely versatile and adapt to every user individually, this limitation definitely doesn’t allow this!

natswalks
Jogger

I agree!! I find it odd that fitbit thinks I want to know everyday where I'm at in my cycle ( I really don't care lol! ) but not how many calories I have consumed and/or have left for the day. ( Something I would like my Versa to tell me. )

Mikigene
Jogger

I would love to see my calories consumed or calorie budget on my fitbit versa today screen. Maybe even log calories by either quick add or more frequent items logged. 

Bizoticchick
First Steps

Yes! I don't mind having it on the app but when I look to see my steps on the watch I don't need to see that everyday. If anything please at least make it an option to have taken off on the watch. 

DrJoel
Recovery Runner

I agree, very much. I like being able to look at the Today screen and see my daily exercise on my Ionic. But under “running” it only shows the average page and average BPM, two of the most useless stats most any runner would want to see. Who made that decision? Certainly not a runner! Almost all runners want to first see distance run, and then perhaps how long they ran. My first choice would be to have us be able to modify what stats appear for each exercise. The second choice, until that feature is added, would be to change the default option so at least the “total distance” is one of the stats that appear.

Bouxx
Jogger

Completely agree that the today panel should be customisable!

Natzo
Recovery Runner

This needs to be added I just upgraded from my charge 2 to versa, charge 2 you can hide or re-order stats but with versa I was looking at removing the female health tracker and keep that to the app but this option isn't available, this is good for guys aswell as i don't think they wanna have a permanent period tracker on their watch. The option to reorder your apps also would be handy for easy access of what you use more often.

Coventina17
First Steps

Currently, if you use female health tracking, you're forced to have that information show up on your wrist device's today screen. It's incredibly intrusive to be flashing my currently menstrual status to anyone who happens to be glancing over my shoulder - why can't we track in the app without putting such incredibly personal details on what's essentially the homescreen of an unprotected device?

I was excited to start tracking my cycle in the app, until I discovered that doing this means I'm forced to have my Today screen announce to the world that I'm "on the rag" whenever I accidentally scroll too far down. It also means I can't let anyone who's interested take a look at the device, or take it off temporarily say in the workplace. I've deleted all my cycles & removed the app, but it's very disappointing that I won't be able to use it for such a foolish limitation.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Viello
Strider

So...this was designed by males only, eh?  Females would have allowed a "privacy" setting of some type.  😏

butterygoodness
Stepping Up

No, all women will want privacy settings. Not cool, customers and coworkers don't need to know about someone's ovulation. This is more a demand than a suggestion, I had been contemplating a Charge 3 with my replacement credit but I guess it's back to the Flex 2 that died within 5 months of getting it. 

Wizbethjackson
First Steps

I agree with this as well!  I was surprised to see that on my watch when scrolling down! I even deleted this from my Dashboard and apps, and it still displays cycle information on my Ionic. AND the cycle information is incorrect since I am not tracking my cycle in this way.  I cannot figure out how to remove it completely from my watch.

Parijan
Base Runner

I second @butterygoodness comment. Its a MUST that this is configurable! 

Ali1727
Recovery Runner

I agree!

It should be an option to display or not.  I personally like that it is there, but that is not information that NEEDS to be on the tracker unless it is specifically chosen. 

HealthierHilary
First Steps

Agreed! Shocking that it's not configurable.

starraegazer
First Steps

I do not want my menstrual cycle on my watch where anyone can see it. Please fix this immediately or I'm returning my Fitbit Versa. I am very disappointed. I liked being able to keep track of my cycle on the app on my phone, but it has no place on the face of my watch. (Nor does my window of fertility. That's just creepy for anyone to be interested in [let alone KNOW!!--AT A GLANCE] other than me, my partner, and/or a fertility doctor.) Furthermore, the female health tracker isn't even accurate. There's no way to register a pregnancy and not a very good way to mark a missed period. 

I have always liked Fitbit, but this is an extreme invasion of privacy and I am highly disappointed that this is not something I have more control over. 

I realize that a solution of deleting all of my menstrual data was given by the Fitbit community--however, I tried this. I also turned off the settings for "showing my predictions" and "showing my fertility window". My Versa still (incorrectly) says that I'm on day three of my cycle. 

03-K-64-Firefly
Keeping Pace

I’m going to vehemently agree with the “invasion of privacy” comment. This information is personal content that is wholly inappropriate for a device which anyone can have the potential to access. It’s no one’s business but my own when I’ve got my period or ovulating. Maybe men need one that advertises how their reproductive organs are performing on any given day if our reproductive state is information FitBit feels is worthy of public access. Gender equality, right?

(if this is not going to be addressed, I’ll go back to keeping track of it on my personal calendar only accessible through my locked phone.)

LittlesMama3
Stepping Up

I would love to get rid of  cycle tracker on my Versa, I don't need to know what day I am on, as I don't get a period anymore. Was all set to get my husband a Versa until I saw that on mine. Also would love to sleep on mine. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.