Link Fitbit with migraine buddy

Hi I would like to do a suggestion about the fitbit app and an an app that I'm using. Migrane buddy is an app that works to record migraine episodes in people like me that have recurrents headaches. If your tecnicalt team explor the app would find that has similar functiins has sleep records and meals records. Thanks and I hope that can you consider it. 

23 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Moyo.Hv, thanks for posting your idea. Users will be happy to see your suggestion, since this can happen to anybody and it's a good way to have migraine records. Let's wait and see what people think!

G0ldiris
Stepping Up

I would love to see a migraine tracker, with intensity, type, and triggers. Or link with Migraine Buddy, it is a great app already. But I love to track things in one place, plus you can see the sleep, exercise, and water, and now cycle/period interactions with your migraines. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Just a thought, please also reach out to migraine buddy. With fitbits open API this would be a connection tgattthey could easily implement. 

Annie4477
Walker

I suffer from chronic migraines and think this would be an awesome idea. I'm finding exercise does impact my migraines and it would be helpful to take all data collectively when I go in to see my doctor.

G0ldiris
Stepping Up

I reached out to Migraine Buddy and was told,

"Thanks for reaching out to us.
We do have plans to sync with other apps like FitBit, iOS Health app and Samsung Health app etc but there are complications hence the delay in doing it so.
I kindly ask for your patience while we work out the details to make this happen 🙂

If you want to access Migraine Buddy from your Fitbit app though, then you need to contact Fitbit team ;)"
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Interesting, it sounds like migrane buddy is looking at the best way to implement this feature .

JessiHoy
First Steps

I just got the migraine buddy app and was hoping it would sync with fitbit as it asks many questions about activity levels as well as sleep. To integrate the two would be very helpful, as I can not still predict or avoid these headaches.

EFolkard
Jogger

Love the idea to link Fitbit with migraine buddy I wouldn't have to log as much and that's huge when you have a migraine! 

J934
First Steps

Just starting to use Migraine Buddy and I can see already that it's going to be a big help. Would love to have it tie into my Fitbit account though to keep all the info synced across accounts.

Thanks!

Flinkyfran
First Steps

I came across this feed as I was trying see if I could sync these apps as they want similar data. I think this would be an amazing idea as I suffer from recurrent migraines and Would live to simplify my monitoring. I think it would be a great addition to the Fitbit app x

burnzerz
First Steps

Came here to see if this was possible and was disappointed to see it wasn't --- seems like an easy win!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Does Migraine Buddy realize that users want them to connect to Fitbit? Sounds like it might be a win-win for migraine buddy.

burnzerz
First Steps
Yep. If you read up the thread a bit, it sounds like they are "working on
it" (but probably not their #1 priority). The other path they suggest is to
have Fitbit build the connection.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I understand that if you go to http://www.fitbit.com/apps you will see that Fitbit invites other companies to buddy up.

CousinDon
Jogger

Yes, please work with Migraine Buddy as manual sleep tracking is all but useless.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

JacqueRiehl
Recovery Runner

I would love to see Fitbit integrate with Migraine Buddy. It is a hugely useful tool.

NyxiePixie
First Steps

My Twitter post:

@MigraineBuddy 
You guys should make your apps compatible so my Fitbit can track my sleep and sync it automatically to the Migraine Buddy app. And so the Migraine Buddy app can learn through Fitbit which activities are more likely to trigger a migraine
Pamoola55
First Steps

YES!! I just started using Migraine Buddy, & find it’s the only app that has a barometric pressure forecast. I’ve looked for any weather apps which have this and haven’t found a single one. MB links with the iOS health app, for sleep & vitals, but I’ve never used that app. Add it to Fitbit!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Have you approached MB yet? They have an open I citation and have been given all the tools that are needed to link up to fitbit.

Pamoola55
First Steps

Yes I did. Haven’t heard back tho. 

Pamoola55
First Steps

I just got a reply from Migraine Buddy:

“Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.
We do have plans to sync with other apps like FitBit, iOS Health app and Samsung Health app etc but there are complications hence the delay in doing it so.
I kindly ask for your patience while we work out the details to make this happen 🙂
Kind regards,
Jenny“

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.