Allow Music transfer from phone

In the near future, please incorporate the ability to transfer music directly from your phone library. Preferably, this feature would even be available offline.

One grievance I have here is that it can only be done, online, with a computer installed with the FitBit software.

It seems minor, but, there are plenty of reasons this feature is troublesome; for example:
-can’t be installed on a computer (administrative rights on a work computer?)
-or not being able to connect to the internet (when traveling)
-or the connection is terribly slow.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

305 Comments
Osmar
Runner

Fitbit is demonstrating it is one of the dumbest companies in technology business!

ruralgaming
First Steps

Which is pretty odd considering they bought out my favorite smartwatch... Pebble.

Robbietot
Recovery Runner

@LizFitbit 

Where do we vote for this? This has been brought up since September/October of last year. I know this wasn't your doing, but how can the company make such good products and totally space out on something that should be almost at the top of the list? 

Thanks 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

@Ladycaz if it took 2 hours to transfer the music over high speed WiFi, can you imagine how many hours it will take over Bluetooth? As for Chrome that has a web based OS, until the ability to connect to an external Bluetooth is added to the web browser. Fitbit will not be able to make an app for a chrome book. This is a limitation of Chrome, not Fitbit. 

ruralgaming
First Steps
That's a **ahem** good question!
CLRogers
First Steps

Music is portable and on most people’s phones....  not sitting at home on a desktop computer....  Come out of the ooze and fix the issue.

Jlacy1010
Recovery Runner

Fitbit! How about responding to this problem! Ignoring the situation is only causing user increased frustration! What is being doing to elimate the desktop dinosaur download?????????

LSperth
First Steps

come on fitbit, this is olden days stuff. if I knew you couldn't download music from phone I would have reconsidered my purchase. once you sort this issue out your sales will skyrocket. 

Robbietot
Recovery Runner

As someone who has complained about this back in Nov, and then saw someone complained about it that previous September, nothing has been done, oh wait they made new products. My bad. 

They don't care they got our money, so that's that. 

Jude517
First Steps

Would be nice if I could load music from my iPhone or iPad. I really don’t want to buy a laptop so I can get the desktop version of Fitbit to load my music. If I had of know this I would have not bought the versa. Can’t even use Spotify. So music is not useable and kind of wasted. Bought this new versa so I didn’t need my phone while jogging. Totally disappointed 😔 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

airforcemomx2
Jogger

Same here 😔

BadBadams
Jogger

Agree with the suggestion of being able to transfer music from iPhone, iPad or even any Android device, for both the Versa and Ionic.

Even if you do have access to a PC or Mac, it needs to be connected to the same Wi-Fi as the Versa or Icon (and it needs to be a 2.4Ghz network, not 5Ghz) and the software is slow and clunky, and doesn't give a lot of information as to what is happening.

As a result I've found myself attempting to use the Ionic to control music from my iPhone, rather than play music straight from it, which kind of defeats the main reason why I bought it in the first place.Which was to just have my Ionic on my wrist and Bluetooth headphones in my ears while I workout. But it seems that once your Ionic is setup to play music directly, it's very hard to change back to using it for controlling your iPhone while it plays music. I'm not sure if the Versa suffers from this same issue.

hendrikkleine
First Steps

It's so obvious the current approach is not intuitive, user friendly nor efficient. It's an after thought. That's fine, things get pushed when you need to release a product, but at least proactively plan to solve for it rather than waiting for community feedback - I can't reasonably believe you weren't aware of this issue during launch already.  

WarrenGfunk
First Steps

Yes I am very disappointed that you cannot transfer music to Versa from iPad or iPhone. Although it may not be intentional it seems to somewhat deceptive. Very surprised you have not thus far been able to solve this problem. I’m sure I am not the only person who assumed you could. Very disappointed from a long time supporter of Fitbit 

airforcemomx2
Jogger

I don’t have a laptop or desktop computer as I am able to do just about everything from from my iPad and iPhone.  Also would like to see the quick replies for iPhone/iPad devices as well.

PaulG1135
First Steps

I was hoping this would at least have a remote like my pebble did to play the music off my phone

is this a possibility at least?

WarrenGfunk
First Steps
Yes absolutely should be able to load music to Fitbit (Versa) from IPad and iPhone. People are moving away from computers and staying with tablets and smartphones.
I don’t see your advertising saying- You can load up to 300 songs on your Fitbit Versa but you have to have a computer- I think many people bought this watch assuming you could load music from your phone or tablets. I am a supporter of Fitbit from the beginning but am disappointed with this FLAW!!!

Warren G
Sent from my iPhone
Pmoss
Jogger

I have Versa & a computer - still can't load music - computer says use watch to load music - watch says to use computer to load music - neither way works !!!

Versa1234
First Steps

I completely agree.  We had to go out and buy a new laptop to transfer our music as our previous laptop, which we rarely use, the software was out of date to download the Fit Connect app.  Being able to create playlists on your phone and transfer those playlists through the Fitbit app on your phone would make the process so much easier and user friendly.

PaulMarch
Tempo Runner

So.. now i have to buy a computer to be able to use the fitbit music functions.

we are in 2018. Loads of people dont have a computer and only have a phone.

come on FITBIT get with the program.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Need to Transfer from my phone too

@TwistSplice wrote:

In the near future, please incorporate the ability to transfer music directly from your phone library. Preferably, this feature would even be available offline.

One grievance I have here is that it can only be done, online, with a computer installed with the FitBit software.

It seems minor, but, there are plenty of reasons this feature is troublesome; for example:
-can’t be installed on a computer (administrative rights on a work computer?)
-or not being able to connect to the internet (when traveling)
-or the connection is terribly slow.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

WarrenGfunk
First Steps

Fitbit,

PLEASE  tell me you working on downloading music from smartphones and tablets without a computer. PLEASE say you are close to solving this problem. 

Your loyal customers awaits 

THANK YOU

Jude517
First Steps
Right

Sent from my iPhone
PaulG1135
First Steps

You brought pebble, the Versa is as close as you can to a pebble you could at least give us the ability to controlling the music we are playing on our phone through versa like my good old pebble did..

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.