Lock for app

I would like to suggest that your developers add a lock to the app so that weight and progress can remain private. At the moment as I am unable put a lock on my Fitbit app anyone picking up my phone could see this information. I am sure that a lot of people would want this very sensitive data to be safeguarded. Many thanks. 

4 Comments
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kaybalina123 thanks for this suggestion. Whilst there aren't currently plans to develop this specific idea, you can adjust your phone security settings as a workaround. iOS users can lock apps with passcode under General Restrictions settings and Android users can explore several free security apps available in store that offer this functionality. Privacy and security is very important to us and we do have multiple other initiatives around that being developed this year. Thanks for sharing.

Gingermint123
Jogger

I would like to have a passcode or fingerprint request every time I open the app so that because it is logged in all the time I have some security if someone got my phone. I just don’t like the idea that if some had my phone and got in they have complete access to my daily and current activity. Thank you for reading this.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gingermint123, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us - this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here since the suggestion was categorized as released. Please check out the first post of this thread.

qak10
First Steps

With all of the personal information the Fitbit app collects and displays, it is ridiculous there is not an option to add a passcode lock. This is something so easy for the developers to add and something that is an option on all the other health/fitness apps I’ve tried. Why are there no plans to develop this? 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.