Longer Challenges eg week, month, 2 hours

There should be a larger variety of challenges that could be long like a month long or short like a couple of hours and there should be rewards for challenges you participate in with friends/family like gift cards for a variety of stores

304 Comments
siddarth0605
First Steps

I have only been using the fitbit for a few days now and while the device itself is very impressive and has helped me to become more active than I normally would have I do have a request. One reason I convinced my friends and coworkers to get one is to be able to take this product and adopt it into a competitive setting. Being able to see how many steps or stairs my friends did that day would be a great way to motivate me further into getting up and about. I have found the process for that to be very cumbersome and wish for the interface to be more intuitive. While I can compare steps at a quick glance being able to compare other stats such as stairs or calories is not as well designed. I don't know if there is something I am missing but a leaderboard option of comparing friends in a leaderboard setting with more than just steps would be great and also down the road integrating that into the apps and having notifications when my friends hit certain milestones is something I would be into.

IamBethHellYeah
Stepping Up

I think it would be awesome to have Month long challenges. Or even better with the new year approaching, can there be a 2015 step challenge. It would be a great way to hold us all accountable for the entire year. I think it would be a lot of people's new years resolutions.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity & Labels

DiElle02
Jogger

I am looking for a New Year 2015 Challenge...Count me in.

RachelCime
First Steps

Great idea! I am also looking for a month and year long challenge. Count me in as well!

JasperB
First Steps
Count me for a month long challenge. Would be an excellent was to keep the motivation going!
Gznuk
First Steps
I'm in a group where I use the challenges all the time. The ones there are great, but being able to mix it up would be great. Maybe daily stair challenges or active minute challenges. I think there's a lot more that could be done then just steps and a little variety would go aong way.
KelseyMommy
First Steps
Great idea!
Rolfey
Recovery Runner
How about a monthly challenge? The work week hustle always seems to be over too quick
Chloe147
Jogger
Great idea. I would love to see this
wendilove
First Steps

Yes! I agree! Please make a monthly challenge

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea, especially for users who are pursuing long-term health and fitness goals. Thanks for sharing!

Crguconn
First Steps
I am bored with the current challenges, and need some longer range goals to keep my family motivated. Can you please add some longer range challenges such as:
1. 10 day 100,000 step challenge
2. 20 day 200,000 step challenge
3. 30 day 300,000 step challenge
4 100 day 1,000,000 step challenge
5. I year 3 million step challenge
Yessss great idea
Dsantalis
First Steps
Besides having a weekly challenge of how many steps you compete with your friends wouldn't it be great to have a daily challenge as well! Each day it would reset but it would also keep the weekly update/amount. That's a real competition among friends 😄
squirreljo
First Steps
Hi Fitbit,
Could there be more challenges? Just to keep things interesting. Maybe most active minutes, distance, stairs, steps in an hour, just ideas.
deputize
Jogger

I wish I could list my friends in alphabetical order so I can locate them easier. If I go to another fitbit users profile and see their friends they are in alphabetical order so I would think that it would be feasible to request that my own list of friends be in alphabetical order as well.

Marauders
First Steps

I'm looking for a way to do a custom stair climb group challenge. We are doing a stair challenge at work for the next 90 days and it would be nice to have a group that we could all join to see how we are doing in the competition.  However, it seems as if steps are the only challenge type.  With so many different types of information this device records, it would be nice to enhance the challenge types to be more than just steps.

gscheid
Recovery Runner

Agreed!  I enjoy the workweek one.  Think they should add a whole week and more importantly a monthly one

Kileya11
First Steps
5 day work week is the longest offered challenge I see. My group would like a longer term competition. Thank you!
starwolfgang
First Steps

Hello 

Would love to see a weekly challenge or monthly (which I saw someone else had already suggested). Nothing fancy like comparing distance or calories etc. But just extending the normal workweek hustle (steps) to a full week or a month. 

I regularly have friends doing challenges (over weeks and months), however the workweek hustle is over too soon and it is a bit of a hassle to make sure everyone signs up again for the weekend warrior and then again for the next workweek hustle. Lots of times they miss or forget the invite, would be more convenient and motivating to make sure everyone is locked in for the week or the month. 

Thanks! Keep up the good work.

Starwolfgang 

MaggieM24
First Steps
I love the idea of having challenges with my fitbit friends. I think it is an awesome motivation but I would really love some new challenges. Ones that aren't all about steps, I have a couple runners on my friends list and it's not fun for the ones that don't. However if there was a challenge for active minutes, calories burned or workout time everyone would have a chance to be involved!
mnwalker9
First Steps

Would really like to see a 7 day challenge in the options vs having to combine the weekday and weekend!

cdetje
Jogger

How about a monthly challenge a 7 day challenge and maybe a distance challenge, like 100 miles and it runs for a determined amount of time...

moxiekid
First Steps

I whole heartedly agree! I would love to see a longer challenge like a month or 3 months. This could have with friends or families that are in a long term weight loss challenge or are trying to encourage each other to be active from accross the country. Please develop in the next update, Fitbit!

jamielynnshaner
First Steps

It would be great if you could do weekly challenges starting on Monday from your own time zone. I do challenges with family in America but since I live in New Zealand I have to start on Monday evening (Mountain Time Zone) and go through Saturday evening. It would be better if mine started on my Monday (for me) and ended on Friday night. Just better for people in different time zones 🙂

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.