Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
Faeriellyn
Stepping Up

This is the same idea as fitwolfies April 27th 2017 idea which currently has 460 votes. I've read a lot of those comments and I am surprised that Fitbit is showing grams on the website  & not the app. Of which I didn't know about cuz I never go to the website. I never boot up my laptop cuz I only use my phone nowadays. Guys when you go to the doctor the doctor says, "keep your carbs under 25 grams" the doctor doesn't say "calculate all your percentages for the day and keep your carbs at this low percentage". My friend uses my fitness pal. She talked me into getting a Fitbit. I am not exercising I am following the Keto diet. I am trying to get healthy so one day I can walk or climb stairs in public.  I am forced to go elsewhere for what I medically need to track in an app.  I liked tracking of food water & sleep. My fitbit never  vibrates though. It doesn't remind me to get up & move. I set it to.  I liked the app until this road block. Healthy or unhealthy we all need the macro grams displayed in the app. I don't need a reply unless you're adding grams to the app.

Rdquinto
First Steps

Right now the app provides lercentages of carbs, fat and protein in an unhelpful format of percentages. In a carb restricted diet a difference of 1-5% could be 30-50g which is significant. 

TrueTheGreat
Jogger

I would like to suggest adding macro details in the app. Not just percentages but the grams of Fat, Carbs & protein. Most nutritional apps have this, it is particularly helpful for people who would like to limit marcos to x number of grams. This should be an easy fix.

shanubi
First Steps

Just one more person here to suggest updates to your Macro tracker. I really dont like having to use another app to track macros. Glad you’ve added a macro tracker, but it really needs more flexibility. I’d like to set macro goals, just like calories, water, weight, etc. Also, want the option of tracking net carbs instead of total carbs.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Jezter75
Jogger

First time Fitbit user and let me preface this with the fact that I love the tracker, its capabilites, the app, and much more. That being said, get this feature on the board to be done! You have it in the web interface, it should not be that difficult to program into the app. I dont have the inclination to open a web browser when I am out or not at my desk and check my counts on my macros. With this one simple added feature, the app would be leaps and bounds above many if not all others. Lets do it! 

berrynice
First Steps

It would be AMAZING if the app would display your macros consumed in grams. Although the percentage graph is a little helpful, seeing the grams consumed would eliminate the need for a second app that tracks your macros in grams.

For all of us out there that track our macros down to the gram, I know this would definitely be a huge advancement

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It seems as if no one is listening to our request. I signed up for carb
manager app since the Fitbit people won’t even try to accommodate all our
requests for this feature.
KarenDC
First Steps
Very frustrating to say the least. I may switch myself.
KarenDC
First Steps
It appears that many people agree with my request and It should be easy for
you to accommodate. Those of us that are into fitness and count grams use
the tool with every item that is consumed throughout the day. Fitness isn't
just about workouts it's also about what we put into our bodies. Please
consider the change. In my circle most stay away from Fitbit for this very
reason. My coach recommends My Fitness Pal for it's ease of use and I will
make the switch if this isn't changed.

Thank you for your consideration.

Karen Coulters
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I like Carb Manager app better than My Fitness Pal. But it still irks me
that Fitbit won’t make this request work for its loyal users. If they don’t
fix this I may switch to an Apple Watch
KarenDC
First Steps
I hear you. Thanks for the suggestion.
Nailsse
First Steps
I already switched.

Get Outlook for Android
VL95
First Steps

When they gave us macro tracking I was expecting both grams and percentages. Like "oh you have eaten this many grams of carbs which is this percent of your calories consumed". Why grams tracking wasn't their priority is beyond me. 

Jezter75
Jogger
The difference between a programmer and an actual user. Imagine having to
convert your remaining percentage of a macro to grams to meet a goal. Quite
the task if you think about it. I know this can’t be that difficult because
grams are already being recorded in a table somewhere. Just need to sum
them up and display the total for that day!
theultrahvybeat
Base Runner

I’m glad that it seems like the Fitbit team is at least considering this. In the past we’ve just been ignored regarding this. 

I‘d love to see an already good product become great. Diet is 80% of weight/fat loss/muscle building. Set us up to win Fitbit! Let us see grams inside the app 🙂

theultrahvybeat
Base Runner

@Jezter75 it would be even easier than that. This information is already tracked on the website and summed up etc. 

they literally just need to write a line or two to pull that information into their app the same way every other function of the app is doing. Add a handful or two more lines of code to visually display it as text views or objects etc and you still have a relatively easy project on your hands. 

I know using lines of code is not the best way to estimate project size but in this case I can’t see it being a serious undertaking. The devs either don’t care, are preoccupied (likely given the latest new watch) or understaffed.

but this request has been going on for years now and it’s approaching a level of frustration. I fear that soon our only way to really get the devs attention in a way that spurs action will be once everyone starts going into the app/play stores and rating the app lowly enough that it starts to turn heads over there.

jdi58
Recovery Runner
I never thought to rate app — AWESOME IDEA !!

Debbi,

Sent from my iPhone
BMcc
Recovery Runner
Hi all

Fitbit have already responded to this request and say they have on intention in the near future to implement this.

We are wasting our breath.

As stated several times it is on the desktop and seems an easy fix to store code to make available on the mobile, but they refuse to do it.

I have been watching request for over a year.

Keep hoping !
theultrahvybeat
Base Runner

@BMcc

No sense in hoping. The only way we get them to take the request seriously is to rate the app low and write our feedback on the page of the actual app etc. Otherwise we get to sit here and talk to a wall

gloryatsea
Recovery Runner

Give fitbit poor ratings on Apple/Android stores and specify why. It's absolutely absurd that they cannot implement a feature used by virtually every food tracking app. It takes a minute to give them a 1 star rating, and maybe they'll listen once their store rankings begin to drop. 

theultrahvybeat
Base Runner

@gloryatsea

Amen! 🙏 

BMcc
Recovery Runner
Agreed - I had better go rate it low !
Jezter75
Jogger
I hate to do it but I wish a moderator would give us a bit more than a
cookie cutter response to this request.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.