Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
Nailsse
First Steps

Please add a keto/macro tracker to the standard calorie Tracker

pambfocus
First Steps

AGREE --  KETO tracker !!

VL95
First Steps

Yes!!

elizabeth_emei
First Steps

Yes Please!

DebbieMcPA
Base Runner

Hi - I recently received the update showing the macronutrient percentages.  First I want to thank you for including this.  I love it.  But I would like to suggest that you include the numbers of these 3 items along with the percentages.  Some like to count the numbers & not just the percentage.  There seems to be a little bit of room in that space that you could put a third line of small numbers.  Thanks.

Tewald
Runner

I understand that some users like the new macronutrients in percentages that you have forced on all users of the FitBit app. Some of us do not, however. Two changes would make it totally useful to me (instead of totally useless as it is now - again, to me, not to everyone), and both have to do with the flexibility of your program: (1) Give us the option of seeing amounts (grams) instead of percentages, and (2) allow us to choose what nutrients we're interested in. I realize that carbs are the current favorite for demonization, but personally I just don't care about them. Or how about something that should be easy, because you already have it on the web site: Why not just offer the "Daily Totals" bar from your web site? That's what I have to go to your web site for every day, because it's not available within the app. It shows carbs for those who care, but also sodium and fiber, both of which have been known to be very important for health for a long time, not just via the latest fad diet. Thanks.

RuT2T
Stepping Up

I love the new macro feature however it is not much use to me in percentages as I am following a ketogenic (low carb high fat) diet. Any plans to make it:

A) customisable

B) in grams

C) to include net carbs/fibre? 

The keto/low carb community is huge so i'm sure you will have heard this plea before! I currently have to use mymacrosplus to log macros instead of fitbit. Would be amazing to just use one and would be a BIG selling point for fitbit.

fitwolfie
First Steps

It would be so awesome if we could see the actually grams of the macronutrients instead of just percentages. I go off of grams of how I plan my meals for the day. I was so excited to see you guys added macros, so after downloading the update and seeing just percentages I was sad that I had to go back to using my fat secret app for food logging again. I really want fitbit app to be my one go to place for everything, and I think if you were to add that little update in to show the grams of the macros it would be perfect enough that I could leave my other apps behind! Thank you! I'm excited to see this in a future update 🙂

sydconnor
First Steps

I'd love to be able to see my macros counted in grams instead of percentages! It's easier to track numbers when it's in grams 

Mromain87
Recovery Runner

Please show us the grams next to the macro percentages!! Most of us macro counters don't rely solely on percentages but certain goals gram wise, and not being able to see this makes the percentage feature cool, but not useful at al.

as a bonus seeing dietary fiber would be nice. 

Debburgee
Jogger

I would like to see sugar added to the macronutrients list!!

JMacAskill
First Steps

Yes! Yes! Yes!

It's frustrating having to use multiple apps - make this change Fitbit I'm sure there are lots of people who would benefit from this small adjustment!

CaitlinKavy
Jogger

This feature would be incredibly helpful and useful. Percentages are not enough for me to be satisfied with using Fitbit for my food tracking. While Fitbit worked well to help me start getting in shape, I think this would be a great feature to help users take the next step in their nutrient awareness and health.

ShaeB
Stepping Up

I contacted support today to find out if it was possible, or if there were any future plans, to add grams of sugar tracking to the nutrients in the food log.  They said it's currently not possible so I wanted to see if it could be an enhancement soon?  Thanks.

TiffanyAnnS
First Steps

I want this too.  I don't understand why this isn't tracked.  Most people consider sugar to be more beneficial to track than some of the other nutrients that are tracked in the Daily Totals section.  I even checked to see if it was at least tracked in the enhanced food reporting if you have a Premium membership and it's not there either.  I would like to know why this isn't available to us.  

Does anyone know if there are other apps that track this easily that integrate with the Fitbit app?

Tlgable
First Steps

I totally agree!  This would be absolutely awesome!

Ranz0444
First Steps

I totaly agree.

Im on a keto diet and have to keep an eye on those pesky carbs.

Knowing my grams of carbs net carbs and fibre would make this perfect for me.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm also on a keto diet, and would love to be able to see both grams of carbs as well as grams of protein as daily targets, and how many grams I have left of each for the day on the dashboard instead of calories.  Calories aren't important!  It's all about the hormones, which is based on the kind of food you eat!

Pacsman97
Jogger

A cumulative of each for each meal on the display for the total calories at the top of each meal should include carbohydrates proteins and fats total for that meal. As a type 1 diabetic I need to know all the carbs so I can input that into my insulin pump to make my life much simpler.

Askinabrew
Recovery Runner

I would like to see which items on my menu do not have macro info. And then the ability to add that information. 

KentW
Recovery Runner

In app:  add click on graph to show grams and ideally calculate grams of protein per pound based upon current weight.    

Odd to have to go to a computer to get grams of macro nutrients.  Please add these to the app so it's all in one place. 

For me personally it would be great to show dashboard item of goals to meet in terms of macro nurtrients.

At least show the grams by the graph or make the graph clickable to get macro nutrient percentages and grams to display in app. If can also add grams/pound that would be even better. 

KentW
Recovery Runner

In app:  add click on graph to show grams and ideally calculate grams of protein per pound based upon current weight.    

Odd to have to go to a computer to get grams of macro nutrients.  Please add these to the app so it's all in one place.  Having to go to a computer to get these seems odd. Please add to the app so it's all in one place. 

sen1876
Recovery Runner

I am really trying to stick to a ketogenic diet. I like that the macronutrients are broken down by percentage but it would be even more helpful if I could see the actual quantity in grams I have eaten of each throughout the day.

olivojoe
First Steps

With the way the app is currently set up, it only shown proteins fats and carbs as a percentage of daily calories. When I am tracking my macros, I find it much easier to track them by amount of each consumed by weight in grams. 

for example:

Proteins: XXg/XXXg

Carbs: XXg/XXXg

Fats: XXg/XXg

I know I can convert the percentages into grams by conversion factors but that is inconvenient and time consuming. An app that i like to use a lot for this Tap & Track, but it does not interface with the fitbit app. 

dvet
First Steps

I agree. I am on an anti - inflamitory diet and the nutrient % and types are different. It would be great to customize nutrient goals. Even if you could put limits with sodium or types of fats etc too. Perhaps even notes, so if you have a reaction you could note it.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.