Make Ionic and Versa screen stay on longer to read notifications

Hi, received the Ionic today and love it. One suggestion, I received numerous notifications while at work this afternoon and when the Ionic vibrated for an incoming notification I would raise my wrist to activate the screen and would have to swipe up to see the notification. It would be nice if the incoming notification caused the screen to turn on automatically and stay on for at least 5 seconds so reading the notification was completely hands-free. Thank you.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity/Added Labels

175 Comments
Base Runner

The screen would light up on the Charge HR  for a notification call. It would be an advantage for the screen to light up for notifications on the Charge 2. 

First Steps

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Please PLEASE bring back auto display of caller ID. I liked the way my Charge HR could do it. Having to push the button is just as annoying as having the pull my phone out of my pocket to see who's calling. 

Thanks FitBit!

First Steps

Agree. Please add this feature. Thanks!

Stepping Up

Agree! +1 on this feature.

First Steps

Agree!!! Please bring it back so my wife can be happy again 😀

First Steps

I also wish to have this feature as its annoying each time to press the button to know who is calling. I am very new to Fitbit and i was avid user of smart watches which have this option and this i bought charge 2 whcih can help in tracking my activites and also to show alerts but this one is not showing the alerts by defaults unless we press the buttom. 

Stepping Up

Yes I liked the way it was on the ChargeHR . Safer for many activities to just glance down rather than have to occupy two hands! I don't like Quick View as solution bc it goes on CONSTANTLY and that is very distracting.

Jogger

When there is a notification fitbit vibrates but it does not show the message. Please turn on the screen automatically when I receive a notification in Fitbit Charge 2

Recovery Runner

im missing this option aswell now that i switched to the fitbit charge hr 2. 

Please implement it!

First Steps

I recently bought a Charge 2 HR and it is missing a key feature that I liked in the original Charge HR. The old had instant notification that would come across the screen without having to press the button or having quick view on. With the Charge 2 you have to have the quick view on or press the button. How can you boast improved battery life if you have to waste it by having the quick view on. Please bring the instant notification feature back. Such a disappointment to me on this one. 

Powerwalker

I agree.  I just bought a new Fitbit Charge 2 and there are a number of nice improvements over my previous Charge, but this is a step backwards, in my opinion.  Please automatically display notifications, with the option to turn them off or to require a button press.

First Steps

I agree, please add this feature. It would be great to know who is calling/texting without using quick view. A simple option to enable if required.  Thank you

YCW
First Steps

Agree, I liked the way it was on the ChargeHR .   Please add this feature. Thanks!

First Steps

Please add this feature. It was the best part of my old Charge. 

Jogger

Yes, please, this should be an option on all trackers that support phone notifications.  Quick View doesn't work well for some people.  Manually turning on the screen instead of automatically having it pop on for five seconds is slow.  Add a "quiet time" trigger so you could "mute" the notifications on your wrist while in a theater or while sleeping and you don't need to worry about unwanted light some of the time.

First Steps

Please please please add this feature!!!

Please add this feature. Thanks!

Jogger

Need this for Blaze as well.  For fitness measures the Blaze is excellent.  For Productivity it's missing a lot of performance found in cheaper watches like my $59 Pebble Time.  

Please have the screen light up when receiving a notification.  Also please have the vibration be a lot longer and even stronger if possible.  Upon notification I'd like to have both screen light up and a solid and strong vibration.  I'm missing calls left and right with the Blaze and will probably return it and go back to my Pebble soon.

Recovery Runner

flicking" the wrist works poorly with the Ionic.. It rarely turns on the screen when i want it to. Almost always have to press the button to turn it on. (way more than I want to)

What worked very well on the last fitness band i had (Microsoft band 2) was that the screen would WAKE ON ALL NOTIFICATIONS. 

The screen should turn on with all notifications! The main reason i bought the Ionic was for the notifications. It means i don't have to dig my phone out of my pocket with every chirp from my phone. I can see if it's worth grabbing the phone right from my wrist... It would be best if it didn't require two hands for that process too. 

Community Legend

My Blaze, Ionic,, Charge 2, and Alta K all pop up the notification when I my arm. 

Jogger

it would be nice to have texts light the screeen without having to use the auto screen wake. My ionic buzzes for texts and emails and I look down and the screen is black. If I could see it was a text, by lighting up screen, I would bring my wrist up to read it

Jogger

My Samsung gear s2 has this light up feature. I don’t always like the auto wake up on because it drains battery ad lights up at night

Jogger

Both Garmin and Apple smart watches "wake" where there is a notification.  This is pretty basic for a smart watch.  Requiring me to flick my wrist, which doesn't work very well, to see a notification is not what I want.

First Steps

I'm contemplating leaving the FitBit ecosystem because this lack of a very basic feature. 

Runner

I agree.  Having to wake the watch every time is a pain.  Either fix the wake on wrist lift or wake the watch with notifications.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.