Make an official Torch/Flashlight app on Sense 2/Versa 4

Can you please make an official flashlight app for the Sense and Versa 4? The 3rd party ones I had on my Original Sense were terrible.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and updated label
17 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @kcordiano, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making an official Flashlight app on the Sense 2 and Versa 4 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @kcordiano - unfortunately there are no plans to have extra apps for the Sense 2 and Versa 4.

Incidentally on your Sense did you try SimpleClockPro on your Sense [1]?

brittbytes
Jogger
Make a flashlight come built in to all of your watches. It's 2023, this is an extremely basic feature but it's important.
Paying this much for a device should be able to warrant its function as a light when needed.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @brittbytes, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making a flashlight app available for the Fitbit Smartwatches with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Induction
First Steps

The flashlight app really needs to be added to the Versa 4. I used it regularly with my old Versa Lite. It's a vital safety feature. Being able to turn it on helps me avoid tripping and falling. Please add this as a native app.

Zorro9
First Steps

Very useful and simple feature to add, please consider prioritizing it!

Iamhoosier
Recovery Runner

So disappointed, no, dissatisfied that  Versa 4 does not have a flashlight.   With all of the features dropped(like Wi-Fi), why can’t a very basic and USEFUL flashlight app be added?   After 2 previous Versas died a few months past warranty and the massive downgrades on the 4, Versas are not a value buy anymore.  Not even close.  

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Iamhoosier - check in the online gallery, although there are far less clocks and no apps, there may be a clock face with this feature, such as CD Breathe, that meets your need.

Did you know if you are unhappy with the watch Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

Older watches have features not found on a Versa 4 and many more clocks and apps.  I use SimpleClockPro (not available on the versa 4) for the flashlight.

Iamhoosier
Recovery Runner

Thanks, @Guy_   That app just might work.  There is a flashlight and I even like the overall app.  

Doesn’t change my overall feeling about V4.  If not for the decent discount allowed for my previous issues, I would not have bought.   No way it’s worth $200 or even $150.  Closer to $125 perhaps makes it a decent value.  Too many downgrades and few, if any, upgrades.  

Again, your help is very much appreciated.  

Gino2
Recovery Runner
Hi at all

I imagine that the development of the torch app is pretty simple: a button that increases the brightness to maximum and puts a white background. Nothing more. And when you re-click the screen, it goes back to normal. It could be added as a Quick toggle by pressing the button twice or by swiping down from the clock faces.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Gino2, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about creating a torch app for the Versa 4 with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

KatlinH
First Steps

I have just ‘upgraded’ from Versa 2 to Versa 4. There is much to live about Versa 4 but I really miss the flashlight. It was so useful when getting up in the night. Surely taking away apps we enjoyed with Versa 2 on an ‘upgrade’ is a backward step. Please restore. 

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @KatlinH  - apps were specifically removed and the number of clock faces is quite limited compared to a Versa 2 or 3.

In order to get the functionality you need consider switching now to an earlier better model with the features you are needing.

Fitbit have a 45 day refund policy or possibly authorised dealers too, some stores provide 14 to 30 day refunds.

QueenBee79
First Steps

Agreed. I slapped down almost 300.00 yesterday for my Versa 4 and was extremely disappointed that the flashlight app is gone.... Ha nevermind, I only see like 8 apps available in general.  Why isn't there a plan to add it? It seems like a simple thing to add and it's not being done. I'm annoyed that Google took over and is cash grabbing Fitbit buyers. Looks like they're making Fitbit obsolete and pushing Pixel watches.  Sad 

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi , @kcordiano  @QueenBee79  @KatlinH - I just released the SimpleClockPro clock face which has a built-in flashligh, tap the battery % and flashlight. Very simple. It might be useful.

Iamhoosier
Recovery Runner

Guy,

Just downloaded.  Looks like a good app with a lot of customization.  I’ll rate it after I use it for a bit of time.  I did get the light to come on!   Thanks.  

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Iamhoosier - thank you , I hope you find it useful in all sorts of ways and kind of you to rate it too.

Do see the shortcut guide, it will give you a quick overview on how to use all the SimpleClockPro features.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.