Download maps to Fitbit device

Would be cool to just download a 5 or 10 mile radius from the phone app, then go for a walk and see where you're at. Basically just a dot to see your location on a map with the ability to zoom in and out. Navigation to a predefined destination for bonus points.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

9 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1 Yes Please

Smithsmc.
Jogger

Thats good idea for me, I would like to have access to a map which would show me where am I. That would be even better it that could be a topo map showing the trails, something like Openmap or similiar.

JackieFC13
First Steps

This would be super cool on the phone app to show some great running or hiking trails nearby. I travel alot and would love the ability to see great outdoor trails like this from my phone. I'm aware that Google does something like this but would be a cool feature on Fitbit. 

ShortyHarris99
Recovery Runner

Sounds like a good idea.  That 3rd party Maps App doesn't work on my watch and phone.

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DouglasDraeger and commenters, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and toggling to ‘All Apps’ at the top of the screen. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

ShortyHarris99
Recovery Runner

This Map app just does not work on my phone, a Samsung S6.  I can view the setting screen just once and then it is completely blank after that.  The map tiles don't really load on the watch screen very well and it doesn't pan.  I've deleted this app and reloaded it twice with same results.  There  is no way to contact the developer that I can see.

LeeWhizz
Jogger

Oh yes please, to be able to plan a map route on Google maps or in Strava and then download route to watch would be amazing. I often run when I travel with work so plenyt of new places.

Ziyad957
First Steps

Yes please 

Fab31t
Recovery Runner

Thank you for this. Anyway, maps is not what I suggested. I just suggested to have the possibility to import GPX track files and if possible have some guidance to stay on the track. This does not require any map in the watch, it requires very little storage and power. This is a basic very practical function which is available for many years elsewhere and always more trail or hiking event provide GPX files as help. I am sure it can be implemented fast on Fitbit devices. Please check with the software team. Thanks 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.