More Challenges and Adventures

I would love to have a challenge where people's goal is to win their next stepping badge.I thing that would really make people move!

Sara B.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

461 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This sounds like an awesome idea @2VM49N! I'm sure other users would appreciate this type of challenge. I will definitely send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day!

Jencredible
First Steps

Hey, can we have a holiday workweek hustle? Maybe some type of special challenges just for the holidays? Like comparing our distance to Santa or something. Just a thought!

Lindsay2713
First Steps

Hi all! This may have already been posted about in previous threads so forgive me if it has. I absolutely love doing step challenges with friends. They're fun, interactive, and keep me from getting bored of my Fitbit (hey, it happens). As I go into my sixth month with my Fitbit One, I have started relying on these Challenges to motivate myself to walk more. Yet every week, minus a few random ones, there are the same "Workweek Hustle", "Goal Day", "Weekend Warrior", and "Daily Showdown" which can become monotonous. SO I would love love love it if Fitbit started releasing new challenges with every holiday or something similar. Even for silly "holidays" like National Donut Day it would be another motivational tool through competition that would really drive me to get more steps in. Thanks for reading!Smiley Happy

macbit16
First Steps

While the challenges Fitbit provides are great, maybe you could add challenges for something besides steps? Competing to have the furthest distance, most calories burned or floors climbed would be fun. Or see who can get to a certain amount of steps the fastest. The four challenges seem to be too similar to each other, with the only variations in the length of the challenges.

Please add more challenges!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
It would be only fair if when you entered a challenge that only the friends you invite were able to participate not random people others are adding cause they are friends with them. That is what your friend list is for. It should be up to the creator of the challenge who participates. Not those who invited extras makes people not want to do challenges with you because of it.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Challenge changes PLEASE
Alley1313
First Steps
I think we need more or newer challenges.
naseema
Jogger
I have my fitbit for a few weeks now and I'm already tired of these challange. we need new ones ASAP. the app and everything is amazing. the challenges as well. we just need more variety
Bee81
First Steps
New challenges please 👍
FrisbeeGirl
First Steps
Please add a new challenge: water intake challenge. I do a daily goal challenge with my Mom 3x per week to get her moving (70+ yrs) and adding a water oz. challenge would really help now that she's getting the hang of it!
This new challenge would be great for all!!
DMitch511
First Steps
Definitely agree. How about a weekly exercise challenge or calories burned challenge? Something other than just walking. Serious athletes may not take 15K steps a day but can burn serious calories through workouts. And when is this thing going to be waterproof. How much of my calorie burn is not being logged when I go swimming.!?
MissyW
Jogger
You should be able to have more than five challenges going at one time.
MissyW
Jogger
I'd also love a waterproof version!
93blacker
First Steps
Yes please. Daily and weekly calorie challenge. Miles covered, minutes of activity. All of these would be better than just steps
ChrisLikes2Run
Recovery Runner

I ageree with those that suggested diffferent challenges.

Definitely a floor challenge and furthest distance during a timeperiod (week, day, weekend).

Or maybe a race to get to the distance so the challenge is not time dependent. 

G_gazoo
First Steps
The best thing you can do is offer truly custom challenges. Let me pick the days, rules and who can join and then you will see way more variety. Imagine long weekend challenge where one day is all about stairs the next steps and day three distance.
CarolynGrigg
Jogger
I would like to see goals like meeting water intake for a week, meeting goal for calories/burned on a certain day or for a week. Just more options
sara_
First Steps
Add challenges about active minutes!

Also, allow me to pick the days it runs instead of only being able to pick the week, weekend, or one day. So I could choose to do a three day challenge from Tuesday to Thursday.

Another suggestion; make it simple and just have a 'create challenge' button that would bring up a screen that allows you to pick the days the challenge runs, and what the goal is(most steps, active minutes, distance, floors climbed) or have an option challenges that are open-ended where you choose a start date and have a goal. If someone doesn't reach the goal one day, they're eliminated from the challenge. Person who meets the goal every day for the longest wins the challenge.

Please! Add this!
Status changed to: Duplicate
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey, there are amazing suggestions! Just wanted to point you in the direction of these duplicate ideas:

- Active minutes challenges

- Floor climbed challenges

- Distance traveled challenges

- Calories challenges

Please leave your future comments and votes in the feature request mentioned above. This will make it easier for our product team to notice them. 

Thanks for your understanding! Woman Wink

Trudge75
First Steps

The new adventure hikes are really neat. How about adding cross-country treks? Perhaps NYC to LA or Miami to Seattle...with updates along the way of what towns you've reached. I think it would be interesting to see how long that would take!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please

Rjclairmont
First Steps

The Yosemite adventures were great! I'd like to recommend Glacier National Park, Acadia National Park, and the North rim of Grand Canyon National Park for future adventures! The possibilities are really endless 🙂

Moderator Edit: Labels

annie28
First Steps

Me too - I love the adventures in the National parks and I want LOTS more!!!!

Eagle1
Strider

I used to have an old pedometer that would do this but their site has since been shut down.  I thought it was very cool to pick different routes across the country and monitor my progress.  This was well before Google Maps, so it was just a basic line graph with progress, but it was still Fun.  Based upon the current Adventure challenges, I don't think it would be too hard to implement and it would be a great way to challenge not only yourself but freinds or co-workers to see who could complete first.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.