More Notifications

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

562 Comments
Lissahubbs
First Steps
I love my surge! The only issue is that I can't see my what's app notifications I very rarely use sms now. It would also be useful to see emails and Facebook.
Lissahubbs
First Steps
Need notifications
JODIE91
First Steps
Hi all 🙂
As mentioned in other posts. I would like to see more notifications on the blaze. I have an older smart watch which will alert me for most apps.
I would like to be able to view
sms messages,
WhatsApp messages,
Emails,
Facebook notifications,
Etc.
I don't really understand why you can't view all of these notifications? And why choose between which messages we can be notified for?
With all of these notification updates, this would then be the perfect smart watch for me!

Thank you,
Jodie 🙂
davidnghowai
First Steps

Totally support above suggestion.

It is very important for all users.

paulbeales
Recovery Runner
It seems that Fitbit have put a block on the Bitticker app in their latest update. I hope this means they are working on including this functionality themselves
Mikaelklaus
First Steps

atleast in finland no one uses sms or imessages anymore! please ios notification support for whats app :))

JimmySpangler
First Steps
Fully agree, whatsapp notifications would be great. I understand this is already available on Android devices, so not sure what the hold up is with iOS
Metalweaver
First Steps
+1 for more notifications on the Blaze
Chrise66
First Steps
Whatsapp and telegram for iOS and Android
Smartwatch without this is for nothing.
Lililane
First Steps

+1 for WhatsApp notifications on Blaze with iOS

pixxelchic
Jogger

When I first bought my Blaze, I was receiving both Whatsapp and text notifications. Since one of the recent updates I can only receive notifications from one or the other and I am aware that many other people have experienced the same. It would be great for the Blaze to start receiving notifications from both sources again as I receive equal numbers of text and whatsapp messages.

ZeroCool1
First Steps
I'm considering a fitbit blaze but without the option to choose the notifications I receive its a no go - unless it get added
Hiblaze
Jogger
Please add options for push notifications for Blaze, just purchased one because my vivosmart screen was dying, but is such a bummer not having the notifications that garmin has. Chose Fitbit blaze over garmin vivoactive hr, thinking of switching soon though.
Medlicottm
First Steps
Please add Whatsapp
ZeroCool1
First Steps
Can the moderators let us know if this is going to be implemented? I get that they don't want to compete with smart watches like apple but if I'm going to wear this everyday I want football scores/Twitter ec while I'm not exercising - ready to order the gunmetal blaze
Mig83
First Steps
We should be allowed to get more notification on my blaze watch
Mig83
First Steps
When I get an whatsup notification I can't see it in my blaze watch
Loganjames24
First Steps

I Agree, The fitbit should be able to support notifications from things such as facebook, twitter,etc.

ZeroCool1
First Steps
Went with the pebble time 2 😬 10 day battery life water proof full notifications - time will tell if I just made a huge mistake, shame I liked the look and community through Fitbit
Maritn
Jogger

I totally agree

@jaylow90 wrote:

Hello Fitbit Team!

after a message of one of you moderator i have decided to make that topic.

I really like you products but the people using an IOS device really need more notifications!

So please give us more! 😃

Notificions i would recommend:

Whats App

Facebook 

and more messaging apps

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

to the previos speakers - fitbit should support full notifications on IOS.

Furthermore I would prefer that the display is going on automatically upon receipt of a notification or at least to have the option for such a setting. Actually there is a vibrating alarm only Man Sad

Thx. Martin

ZackC
Distance Walker

This is an IMPORTANT, NECESSARY and even basic for all ios users that whatapps msg notification SHOULD BE IMPLEMENTED!!!! I'm telling you .

Half of smart phone users over the world using iphone and over 60% of them use whatapps

!!

so, if you guys keep this feature still unimplement a day, then you just keep losing your customers disappointed about this shortcoming....

I am a iphone/android developer, and I don't think it is a such difficault job that all of ur dev. and RD can't do this.

Plz take it seriously. U R losing ur customers!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

So Im not sure if this is what you mean but I would love to be able to receive notifications from not just ONE msg app. Meaing I would like to be able to received msgs (Blaze) from my Whats App, normal text, etc.

Currently we can only receive from one source.

ZeroCool1
First Steps
Cancelled my order of pebble time 2 because I hope Fitbit will listen to its customers and support notifications, considering options ...
honglong1976
Sprinter

Just SMS messages is pretty poor considering the cost. Xiaomi Miband is about £12 and offers sleep tracking, steps and notifications. Surge being £199 it should at least do some notifications, even just SMS/iMessage and calendar would be better than nothing.

Please listen to your customers, you don't listen and the share price shows this! Don't add new features to the new models and ignore the old ones. It's not going to make me want to upgrade and when I do need to replace my fitbit I will go elsewhere.

At the moment I am using a charge HR on my ankle and pebble steel on my wrist for notifications. I have a surge but with just SMS notifications it's pointless.

Tao75
Tempo Runner

I Just installed FIT NOTIFICATIONS app, its awsome. Solved all my problems, and sends notifications from all the apps i need. Now i got multiple notifications from instagram, snapchat, fb, sms etc 

Seems like its only for Android users, works for Alta, Surge and Blaze.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.