More Weight Lifting or Training Programs on Premium

I would love to see weight lifting programs in the Fitbit Coach...you have lots of great cardio programs that work with my level, I would love a program that works with free weights to help start light and allows you work your way up too. 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

35 Comments
ramirezp
Recovery Runner

Hey guys! Great app.  It would be nice to also have weight-based training that we can do at the gym.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks @SunsetRunner! I'm sure this would be useful for lots of customers. Thanks for sharing your idea and for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

Aseel
First Steps

I want to request adding dumbbells to the Fitbit Coach workouts.

We should have the option to use weights in the workouts. As we progress in the program dumbbells are added from light to heavy and upon request. I am sure many people already asked for this.

Thank you for Desktop version by the way

pinkspence
Jogger

I agree!   I use the gym for my workouts and would love programs that feature the equipment provided such as kettlebells, bands, hand weights, etc.

Simonboundy
First Steps

You don’t have to search for very long on the App Store to find competitor apps which incorporate free weights into the mix, other equipment,

also yoga and stretching. Workout trainer by skimble has a huge variety of workouts for a similar price. I’ve been using Fitstar/Fitbit coach for 2 years now, but  am considering switching for wider variety of workouts. Happy to

wait if its on the roadmap but if it’s not then I’ll be off. 

Osmar
Runner

I really don't understand fitbit's logic.

That would be so simple to do, but they deliberately refuse to do this.

I would like to go to the gym only with my watch and without my phone.

But since fitbit doesn't do a basic stuff, i must carry my phone to the gym and use jefit to record my workout.

It should be simple.

But no. Why make something easier?

WinHac
Stepping Up

Have the app show me gym equipment that I can pick from that my gym has available then ask me my goals and build me routines based on the equipment I have available at my local gym and my goals I selected. This would be a great way for gym newbies to learn some of the exercises for gym equipment. 

WinHac
Stepping Up

I want to be able to select icons of gym equipment that I have available at my local gym. Then tell the apps my goals and have the app build me a routine. I think this would be a great way for newbies to learn weight lifting exercises. 

MaggieCunn
Jogger

please please can you add weights routines to follow on coach? I love the cardio and non equipment based sessions but Luke to blend these with days of doing weights and machine or Rex based routines and a guided session that builds more strength would be fantastic 

Moderator Edit: Format

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, good suggestion, thanks for sharing the idea. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration.

Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Simonboundy
First Steps
Hi, thanks for the response but I’ve given up waiting and migrated to another program (BodBot) that does this for free. I was using Fitbod too for a while which is great. Not free but cheaper than Fitbit coach. This is becoming a very competitive space guys and this is a serious gap in Fitbit coach’s features.

I subscribed to your service for two years and didn’t want to leave but reached the point where I needed to incorporate weights for more efficient workouts.

Let me know if you ever bring it back and I might return!

-Simon

Sent from my iPhone
Aseel
First Steps

Thank you @SantiR@DavideFitbit, and @pinkspence and especially all the voters Heart . I feel very happy that they are considering our request. I can't wait to see it happening. I know it would require Fitbit to make huge changes but it's a realistic request and their effort will be very much appreciated from the current and future community.

Mothrasue
Runner

I would love having free weights, at least, added to Fitbit Coach.  I’ve been doing the body weight work outs and progress has been so rapid that I’ve been thinking about adding in weights.  I lifted weights in the past for a few years and my body responded to it extremely well, I’d love to do it again.  I see there are other alternatives out there, but I’d rather go with Fitbit to keep it all in one place!

HerraPesukarhu
First Steps

Instant premium if you add gym workouts with different equipment! 

Vlr22w
First Steps

Hello everyone!

Any news on adding USAA? 

Or does anyone know who we should contact at USAA?

Thank you!

Lynnanine
Base Runner

This would be pretty great, to help you grow your fitness as you move on from bodyweight stuff. 🙂

HomeUser
Jogger

I signed up and payed for the membership over other apps thinking there would be weight training sessions available. I chose fit bit coach app inpart because of how great the fit bit app is and I wanted to support Fit Bit to keep the great features coming. Features that other apps make you pay to unlock like calorie tracking with macro nutrient display and water logging. I hope weight training will be added soon so I don’t have to switch to a different app. Thanks

IGGt
Recovery Runner

I used to use this app regularly, but I now use it less and less, instead using other apps which include dumbbell exercises. As my renewal gets closer I’m left wondering if I should simply cancel and use the money for the other apps as they better suit my needs. It’s a shame, as I really like the Fitbit coach app, and it remains the best fitness app I have come across, but as there’s no sign of the app moving on to meet the needs of its existing users, there doesn’t appear to be any other option.

Simonboundy
First Steps

+1 this, I used it for 2 years, starting back when it was called fitstar , but there’s a limit to what you can achieve with just body weight exercise. 

Ive tried them all now, can recommend Fitbod for the user interface; but I’ve settled on Bodbot... the user interface isn’t so great but the engine behind it is pretty smart - it will even identify imbalances in your physique (eg weak hamstrings) and add targeted stretches and warm down routines to improve posture.

ProteaWoods
Jogger

I enjoy the bodyweight exercises but would also like to see some simple workouts you can do with dumbbells or kettle bells in a small workout space at home. TRX would be great too - with a focus on exercises you can do with injuries (e.g., knee/hip arthritis).

MsB22
Jogger

Hello, I'm fairly new to Fitbit coach and fully expected free weights to be an option.  I searched online and found this thread.  It's now May, 2019 and still no update?  This seems pretty basic of an ask for a fitness app, particularly one that connects with Fitbit- which does have a tracking system for weigh training.  Any update would be appreciated.  Thank you.  

Simonboundy
First Steps
Don’t hold your breath buddy. I gave up years ago and moved to Fitbod- much better app with weights and recovery tracking.

Sent from my iPhone
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.