More apps for the Versa

If Versa is the competition for the Apple Watch then we definitely need more apps. And more functional apps. To be honest, I have no use for a lot of the apps that are available now. Please have more apps for the Versa. I’m sure there are a lot of suggestions from current users as to what apps they would like. 

24 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Jayelo. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Redbow17
First Steps

I completely agree with this! 

Suggestions:

1: please get wallet feature up to date with UK banks, did not realise when i purchased literally none were avaliable. Would be great to see HSBC, Loydds, Barclays etc which are the biggest banks, rather than ones ive never heard of.

2: a Spotify app!

3: a way to view Google maps routes on your watch rather than having to look at your phone. Would be ideal for walking round cities etc.

4: a better selection of fitbit watch faces, Would prefer to have ones designed specifically by fitbit rather than independent developers as they always crash.

5: in the apps/watch face selection have a "new" area, So it's easy to see new apps and watch faces added.

I just feel that these are ones other people would also find helpful!

Thanks!

Jayelo
Pace Setter

I would like to see app where I don’t have to open my phone to use with the app on my versa. Makes it redundant....then there is no use for the versa app if I have to use it on my phone anyway. A find my phone app would be useful. An app that allows us to see our Fitbit challenges without constantly opening our phone would also be great. 

jtonzi
Jogger

Viewing sports scores would be great!

Osyasicbx
First Steps

Suggestions!

Couch to 5k app 

Apps regarding yoga

Smartthings app

Facebook app

Instagram app

spotify app

Ability to text through phone on versa same with emails and phone calls

Ability to comment on posts 

Water bottle apps like hydrate spark and others

Be able to use this further away from cellphone then 30 ft

Maybe just crazy idea here a teeny tiny camera one at the top and one at the bottom for photos and selfies

Nashae21
First Steps

I purchased the Versa and sent it back because of lack of useful apps. I love the watch style but the apps were not my personal favorite. Although it is to be used for fitness i think alot of people would like the smartwatch feel for personal use as well. Adding apps such as Facebook and Instagram would definitely make me repurchase the Versa. 

Krsy
First Steps

The Spotify App would be useful. So glad I was able to get that Starbucks app off my Versa, Charbucks really annoys me. 

mrmarbury
Recovery Runner

dumb question but isn't there an SDK that you can use to develop apps? If Fitbit is able to attract more users, then there will be more apps. And they will attract more users if their products are high quality (which they are not at the moment but this is a different story). Apple/Android/Garmin has more apps because the vast amount of users create a vast amount of apps. So this is a hen/egg problem. But to get back to my initial statement ... install the SDK, learn to code, and create some apps. That's the reason for SDKs in the first place -> so everyone can build apps, contribute, and make the platform theirs.

Xmill31
Jogger

I would definitely like to see other music apps for streaming such as Amazon music or Google Play Music. And a native Fitbit developed calendar app that can sync with my Google calendar... Not just the current notifications like now. I know there are 3rd party calendar/agenda apps but I still don't feel comfortable giving unknown developers access to my Google account. 

thompsonrobUK
Jogger

I agree, more apps please....

Facebook

Twitter

My Fitness Pal

HIVE heating

Apple Music compatible

Just Eat

Amazon

Get all the UK banks on board for Fitbit pay

Google Maps

Stuff like that....

Make the Versa fun to use as well as Fitbit functionable!!! Robot tongue

kd1699
Recovery Runner

id love see more apps on the versa,

My husband has a samsung gear and its awesome, the only reason i didnt buy it was because the face was just too big for me!

versa could be so much better just by apps

the ability to sort apps by date (what is new)

Id love see

google play music please

google calendar

facebook

ability to call your phone to track it

actually being able call from the versa

keyboard to be able to properly reply.

Thanks

Donna80
Base Runner

We definitely need more apps; I'd love to see -

Alexa (voice assistant, requires mic)

Amazon Music, Spotify

Audible

Wahoo Fitness (inc sensors)

Google Maps (navigation)

Train/bus times

Google nearby (restaurant, petrol, etc)

Google Calendar (day/week/month view)

Notes, list (view at least)

IFTTT

Nest, Hive

Find my phone

An SOS alert

EdisonY
First Steps

I think apps like

Ring my phone

Scheduler

Calls( with headphones)

Should be implemented.

@Jayelo wrote:

If Versa is the competition for the Apple Watch then we definitely need more apps. And more functional apps. To be honest, I have no use for a lot of the apps that are available now. Please have more apps for the Versa. I’m sure there are a lot of suggestions from current users as to what apps they would like. 

thompsonrobUK
Jogger

If I’m completely honest, Buying the Versa is the worse thing I ever did...... it’s a complete waste of money!!! I should have followed my gut instinct and waited for the new Apple Watch. The Apple Watch 4 completely outshines any Fitbit Smart Watch product...... I wish it was as easy to get rid of, as it was to buy it!!

bpaigehansen
First Steps

I've only had my Versa for a day and I'm actually really unhappy about it.

I only got this because my Bellabeat Leaf (which I LOVE) wasn't recognized by my corporate wellness plan. I got the Versa instead of the smaller/cheaper Alta or Charge because it said that it had meditation, which was a big thing I loved about my Bellabeat Leaf. The Versa does NOT have meditation, it has 2 minute breathing exercises, not guided meditations like the Leaf.

I'm also really disappointed in the number of available synced apps. If you don't have a proper meditation app built in (WHICH IT SHOULD), then I'd hope to at least be able to find one to connect to, but haven't been able. And honestly, I don't want to string together a bunch of different apps or accounts, I liked that my Leaf was already tracking all of the things I wanted (exercise, cycle, meditation, sleep, hydration, etc.) within their app (which is beautifully designed). 

DO NOT get this, if you do want a Fitbit, just get an Alta or a Charge.  This watch face is bigger than what I would normally want/prefer, but I was hoping this would be an actual functioning smart watch, which it is not. If you're looking for a real smart watch, look for the Apple Watch or Samsung watch instead.

mboula
Jogger

I definitely agree with the suggestions about a meditation app and a yoga app and having the sleep on the watch face. I upgraded from a Garmin because the next Garmin was just above my budget however this versa claimed to have all these apps but it's really doesn't. I am a bit disappointed actually

JDRecovers
Recovery Runner

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!  Not only more apps, but ones that work! I've yet to have any water apps work, nor calendar IOS ones.

Working water log

Working IOS calendar - even just next appointment or the day only

Amazon Music

Audible

Spotify

Evernote

Fully working My Fitness Pal

agree: "Be able to use this further away from cellphone then 30 ft"

MBT1989
Jogger

A Hive heating application would be great. There is a NEST one but not HIVE.

Controlling heating or lighting from the wrist, perfect...

rcge
Base Runner

The only way to get a lot more apps is to allow developers to charge for them directly within the Fitbit ecosystem.

Having developed a watch face through the really simple web environment, I was surprised that there was no option to make it paid-for, even though I had no intention of doing so for something that simple it made me reconsider some ideas I had for apps that could be commercially viable.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing great, I will like to ask everyone to bring more specifics about the apps you wants on the Versa. I will be waiting for your news. Robot wink Thanks for sharing! 

Donna80
Base Runner

Specifically,

Alexa

Amazon Music

Spotify

Audible

Wahoo Fitness

Google Maps (for navigation)

Gaia Yoga

Train/bus times apps

Google nearby (restaurant, petrol, etc)

Google Calendar (day/week/month view)

Notes, lists (view at least)

IFTTT

Nest

Hive

Google Find my phone

An SOS alert app

bpaigehansen
First Steps
Insight Timer
Calm
Headspace
ashmaan
First Steps

And quality of third party apps is not good and basic apps are also paied, which are anyway available free by wear os or apple.

Fitbit should give apps for all basic things made by fitbit. Basics apps are missing.

Status changed to: Released
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on Fitbit Versa, it initially started with around 200 apps and now we have nearly 400! You can find out more here: What's changed in the latest Fitbit OS update?  @Jayelo, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the community. Please enjoy the new feature!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.