Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

More bank compatibility for uk Fitbit pay versa users. So far Fitbit pay is not connected to any major banks in the UK. The very few that fit bit pay is connected to I’ve never even heard of. So as a UK versa owner I have the special edition and can’t use the very feature that separates it from the the normal versa.

is Fitbit pay going to compatible with the major banks in the UK like Barclays, Lloyds, Santander, HSBC, NatWest, TSB, Metro Bank, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland etc and also I haven’t seen any where (shops) that accepts Fitbit pay yet.  

Moderator Edition: Labels and format

Moderator Edition Jan 14th 2019: Retitled to focus on Lloyds Bank in particular rather than all UK banks. Updated thread with links to multiple individual UK banks.

595 Comments
lexi83
Tempo Runner

So the versa I the UK/Europe and Australia (I hear) all have Fitbit pay. I didn’t know before but it’s only US that has that difference. 

But still it’s a feature that many UK will be stuck to use because of the few Bank options 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @lexi83. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. 

Stu5050
First Steps

Such a shame Fitbit have rolled out Fitbit pay for some time now and there’s hardly any banks in the uk that support this. Pretty much every major bank other than Santander. 

Can someone tell me when they will be added, specifically Lloyd’s?

thanks

manstondrive
Jogger

More bank compatibility for Uk Fitbit pay versa users. Yes please to links with Lloyds and First Direct/HSBC.

Also not seen anywhere that will take payment yet either

hlc82
Jogger

Only reason i pre-ordered the special edition versa was for the pay feature. It was clear that it would be so limited. Please get this working for lloyds bank 👍

Coggo66
Jogger

Also need your and agree this would be a good thing. 

lexi83
Tempo Runner

@manstondrive Anywhere you see contactless payment you can use Fitbit pay.  Would be good to have the signs like Apple Pay so people know though.  But we still need those major banks Fitbit the list needs to improve for the UK 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add Halifax to Fitbit pay. I believe that the major banks should be supported.  

Doris1924
Recovery Runner

Definitely need to sort more major UK banks, would be good to be able to use on London Underground Contactless like you can on Apple Watch. 

The lack of banks is the only thing holding this back now, as I do love my Versa 

butty
Jogger

I was an early adopter of the Ionic - just for Fitbit Pay!  I was VERY disappointed that I couldn't use my bank... I set up a Sterling account & have never looked back!  Sterling is excellent!  Much, much more flexible than any of my other accounts - I would not go back to the traditional banks.

Before you make a decision on Ionic & Versa please look at Sterling...you won't regret it

Mandy_Moo
Jogger

i bank with Nationwide, so would love to see this on the list of approved banks to use. Then I would be 100% happy with my Versa. 

Ocathain123
First Steps

Please add mastercard uk to fitbit pay 

Please add bank of ireland uk to fitbit pay. 

What percentage of uk ionic or versa users actually have a bamk which allows then to use fitbit pay. I wojld say less than 1% 

So fitbit pay is useless unless you add more bansk or credit cards llike mastercard or visa asap. Why such a misleading advertisement of the fitbit pay funcrion ehen less than 1% of uk users can use it ! 

LucyHarriet
First Steps

Nationwide and Barclays pleeeeaaase! Ive been with fitbit for years and dont want to stray to apple but the list of UK banks is SHOCKING!

Ocathain123
First Steps
I agree
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

There definitely needs to be more UK banks on the list

Ocathain123
First Steps
I agree. Frustrating for fitbit to advertise the pay feature when less than
1% of people use the uk banks which are signed up! Can we get a refund !
Also same thing for deezer and not spotify. Spotify so much more popular
wht can fitbjt not make popular collaborations the way apply samsung garmin
etc can ?
LucyHarriet
First Steps
I didn’t even realise about Spotify!!! Who uses Deezer!? Errgggg

Sent from my iPhone
Ocathain123
First Steps
It would be good to hear in fitbit respond to forum questions like this
with positive actions ....?
LucyHarriet
First Steps
Yes it would...I asked them twice on Facebook and they just replied with a link to this chat...entirely unhelpful! I thought they praised themselves on their customer service!

Sent from my iPhone
eable1997
Jogger

Please add the major banks!! HSBC, NATWEST, LLOYDS, BARCLAYS! The lot!

Adh_dj
First Steps

Keen as well. All my accounts are with Nationwide, so it would be a disappointment if I had to move bank. It would also influence.my decision to upgrade to a better Fitbit in the future or move to the Apple watch. 

Spike589715
First Steps

I also commented on FB they asked me to put my suggestions here on which banks they need to get working with contactless - really they are having a laugh the MAJOR banks would be good, of course they know this ! how about - HSBC ? Lloyds Barclay's a 10 second google will help - the current advertising is at best misleading, phone works with my bank & NFC as does my Korean watch but not my £££ Fitbit 

the line :-

Fitbit Pay works with major credit and debit cards from top banks and card issuers. REALLY Starlling bank ! 

Ocathain123
First Steps
I agree. FITBIT is a joke and ignore our community comments. They Should
either add loads of major banks or withdraw app or pay a part refund to us
uk fitbit users who spent over 200 pounds on an ionic watch thinking that
mastercard from by bank (bank of Ireland) would work on the fitbit pay app.
Very poor service on thus issue.
dci80
Jogger

I echo everyone else's comments. There needs to be far better UK bank support. Nationwide, Smile and HSBC including the cards they issue under third party brands need to be supported. Surely starting with those supported by Google Pay is the logical step.

Rhardy0509
First Steps

I would also like to see Nationwide added. The list of options for Fitbit pay are shockingly small and I had no idea when I bought my versa! Grr!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.