Add Lloyds bank to UK Fitbit pay

More bank compatibility for uk Fitbit pay versa users. So far Fitbit pay is not connected to any major banks in the UK. The very few that fit bit pay is connected to I’ve never even heard of. So as a UK versa owner I have the special edition and can’t use the very feature that separates it from the the normal versa.

is Fitbit pay going to compatible with the major banks in the UK like Barclays, Lloyds, Santander, HSBC, NatWest, TSB, Metro Bank, Halifax, Royal Bank of Scotland etc and also I haven’t seen any where (shops) that accepts Fitbit pay yet.  

Moderator Edition: Labels and format

Moderator Edition Jan 14th 2019: Retitled to focus on Lloyds Bank in particular rather than all UK banks. Updated thread with links to multiple individual UK banks.

595 Comments
Seasider34
First Steps

Please add Nationwide to UK banks as soon as this facility is available here.

Suzy0826
Jogger

Please add Halifax to the UK banks for fitbit pay

Randy4
Jogger

This definitely needs adding, I can’t believe Halifax is currently not a supported bank! One of the biggest banks in the UK. Fitbit please add ASAP

KateMB66
First Steps

I use Lloyds bank and Santander and was v disappointed they aren’t included in the UK banks for Fitbit pay after upgrading to an ionic. Please get some more commonly used banks for Fitbit pay.

MisterCrease
First Steps

I too would like this feature as I bank with Nationwide. Currently, the FitBit wallet on my brand new Ionic is useless.

cc2k
Base Runner

Please add support for Barclaycard (UK) to Fitbit Pay.

cc2k
Base Runner

Please add support for American Express in UK to Fitbit Pay.

Cazza4
Jogger

Add Amex & HSBC to fitbit pay in the UK.  I don't understand why Amex is supported in America but not the UK?!  Please sort this as this was one of the main reasons I bought the Ionic!!

Moderator edit: Topic

malgpz900
Recovery Runner

+ another user requesting Nationwide be added to Fitbit pay UK. They already support Android pay, apple pay and Samsung pay.

Davem10
Strider

I second this. With HSBC and unable to use the feature. Disappointing.

Nhudgell
Jogger

Thirded. Need HSBC. 

cc2k
Base Runner

Please add support for MBNA (UK) to Fitbit Pay.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Why has this not been sorted yet? What's the point of having a feature like Fitbit pay and then having next to no banks signed up for it. We need more of the "high street banks" included for UK users! 2 obscure banks is not what I would consider sufficient support of this feature.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. I would suggest to make a new feature suggestion for the HSBC (UK).

thanos23
Stepping Up

Surely HSBC is a no-brainer and should have been on board at launch if you want Fitbit Pay to have a by credibility.

Elania
First Steps

It is strange to me that even the top 5 aren't supported, only Danske bank which I'm sure is a German/international bank with a base in the UK and Starling I have never heard of! Would be great at the very least if it could be linked with already existing Google pay or apple pay if each separate bank being added is an issue to tackle. 

PurpleRon
First Steps

Agree Lloyd’s would be so useful 

tunabum
First Steps

Very much agree with kate mb66. More main stream UK banks need to be added to the Fitbit wallet. One of the main reasons I bought the Iconic was because I wanted to use for payments. 

KiwiMike
Recovery Runner

Add AMEX - Australia to Fitbit Pay

@Cazza4 wrote:

Add Amex & HSBC to fitbit pay in the UK.  I don't understand why Amex is supported in America but not the UK?!  Please sort this as this was one of the main reasons I bought the Ionic!!

Moderator edit: Topic

itbit Pay

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.