More in-depth sleep data analysis (eg impact of activity or HR on sleep)

Hi everyone!!!

Dear Fitbit,

it would be really nice if you could implement more functional sleep analysis. I ask/suggest/offer you to have a look at really interesting app (Sleep Cycle).  Sleep cycleSleep cycle

I am sure that a lot of Fitbit users would appreciate this kind of sleep information. Here you can see some examples but there is much more in it. 

1 2 34 I am sure this kind of functionality would bring you more customers and more fun to Fitbit users. Thank you!!!

PS. I am really surprised you have not done it yet

Moderator Edit: Edited labels and Clarified subject

247 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Considering we have heart rate and motion sensors we should be able to get more data.
ktyan
First Steps

That's great Damiansd! That sounds very promising indeed. I believe Fitbit should be able to fix that disappointment shortly.

Modelinda
Jogger
I have trouble sleeping well, and in addition to the help the Fitbit gives me in reaching my fitness goals, I would absolutely love it and find my Fitbit an invaluable tool in helping me achieve better sleep (and therefore better quality of life) by including REM cycle statistics. Thank you Fitbit for everything you have done to help your fitness community/clientele in our fitness goals... Please invest more time and energy and find a way to help your clientele achieve better health through sleep by including REM cycle statistics as well:)
Travelfunlearn
Stepping Up

I use the sleep tracker everyday as sleep is my major issue.

I like the REM ideas and a way to add in naps. I sleep much more soundly in a nap. I really need to see how my REM works then.

I also have problems with the way it starts a new sleep period if I have to get up and get water, let the dog out or go check on my mother.

Please make the tracking more of actual analysis with suggestions on management.

Floris
First Steps
+1 better sleep tracking and an alarm that wakes me when im in light sleep.
Pebot
First Steps
I would also like a more detailed sleep analysis and waking alarms at ideal times based on your night of sleep and heart rate.
Auntiyoyo
Jogger
I would like to be able to at least track my sleep data. I've only had my fit bit for a week and, when I'm sleeping, the fit bit falls out of the band. The band needs some sort of closure device on the openings that the fit bit does not fall out.
Been
First Steps
Please make sleep tracking more accurate. Apps like sleep cycle seem 10x better than my charge HR, more interesting data too.
Smudge65
Jogger

I agree - I'm one of the users for whom sleep monitoring is my main reason for having a Charge HR and really wanted the functionality of the Jawbone, but it isn't compatible with my devices - otherwise they'd have had my custom. So to attract other customers from Jawbone, and to retain customers like me, I'd definitely be VERY enthusiastic about the enhanced sleep tracking and especially the smart alarm. I currently use one on my phone instead which is OK but not great because it isn't wearable and doesn't measure HR. Thanks!

bsouth08
Recovery Runner

I would LOVE to have the wake feature!! Jawbone recognizes the 3 sleep stages by your body movement and wakes when you're at the end of the "dream sleep" ( when your body heals and is refreshed) stage so you wake up ready to start the day rather than being woken during which causes us to be grogy and also delays us from actually getting up when we're supposed to. PLEASE add this feature FITBIT!!!

cbess
Recovery Runner

Couldn't agree more. After visiting the Fitbit careers page, you can see they are looking to hire sleep analysis scientists (some with PhDs). Clearly this is something Fitbit is focused on and working towards, and no solution comes easy. It's the next logical step and I think we should all be patient. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I really support the idea of better sleep statistics. And to start with, even to simply have the quality sleep index indicated in the summary of each day's sleep pattern would already be a step forward. Then, for example, monthly/yearly averages on each day, on working days, on weekends, average duration of interval of deep sleep and of light sleep, etc. etc. Thank you.
FunkyWischmob
First Steps

I also would really like to have a smart alarm, that wakes me up in my lightest sleep! That s not a big deal to do! Or may be a coorporation with an app that does the same... More sleeping details also would be great, but its really bad not having a smart alarm while every other freeware smartphone app can do this!

Yuriy
Base Runner
Yuriy
Base Runner
TomsV
Stepping Up

They can't implement a smart alarm feature, let alone something else. 😕

Tonycraig
Jogger
I'm glad to hear they are still working on the problems. This app tells me I am asleep when I am clearly awake and walking around. Sometimes it makes no sense to me. It adds together hours I am awake and asleep and tells me I met my goal when I haven't come close to meeting it. Drives me crazy. Keep working guys, I'm sure you'll get there.
feygirrl
Recovery Runner
Some of us have been asking for the sleep efficiency percentage to be displayed in the app rather than just buried in tbe desktop version. Its been well over a year. Cheerful responses but no results. Their customer service is horrible.
Scottbb
First Steps

love to see better sleep data in the Charge.  I'd like to see more text rather than graphs as I am totally blind.

feygirrl
Recovery Runner
The sleep efficiency request was in another forum and fitbit had one of their moderators shut it down 'due to unactivity'. They must be referring to their own nonresponse because there are many requests there...
Yuriy
Base Runner

It could be 🙂

I wish I knew how it work in the company, why they don't implement new functions more frequently??? It is so easy, there are so many examples around. Well... at least it is easy to get good idea.

Scottbb
First Steps
We need to stay on top of them. This may mean complaining until they hear us through what every channels possible. Call headquarters to. The moderator just pushes our requests up to software development and that’s about it.
Yuriy
Base Runner

Hey Fitbit guys,

may be you should hire me as an intern (I am looking for an internship at the moment any way). I would be more than happy to do for you marketing reaserch project and help you to implement more functions.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think this is a great idea. It will help a lot of users to better monitor their sleep, so they can make improvements to sleep better since it is vital for a healthy life. 

I would really like to see this on a near future, thank you for sharing your thoughts. 

Yuriy
Base Runner

That is what happened to me. With help of other apps I did realize my sleeping habits were not as they have to be. It helps you have a look from different perspective. It wasn't like I didn't know I sleep not enough but more like visual information helped to think deeper or concentrate on the problem. Only problem with those other apps is you have to start app every night. Takes second but in real life takes a lot of time and attention. With Fitbit I don't need even think about it.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.