More options to use Fitbit App Gallery on computers

Check how apps are working!! Like if something is not working on the app try to fix it!!
11 Comments
DjStephLordPro
Recovery Runner

What I meant by check how apps and clock faces are working, is that the Fitbit company should try out there products themselfs to see what is not working and to update there products(Fitbit Store(Clock Faces/Watch Apps)) to work with the apps(Deasktop App) they use for there watch products!!

Odyssey13
Community Legend

@DjStephLordPro  you've posted this in another thread where you admitted your ipod doesn't have the required operating system to use the Fitbit. Not sure this is something, since it's only going to be used once in a while, that Fitbit would consider as so many have gravitated towards using mobile devices for our Fitbits.

DjStephLordPro
Recovery Runner

Well I'm not talking about my iPod now, I'm talking about The Desktop app!! Because when I try to open the clock face product in the Desktop fitbit app It just shows the loding symbol and does nothing else, and it does the same when I try to click and open an app product to download it to my Fitbit!!

Odyssey13
Community Legend

Only some computers can use the app and even they need to be compatible with the Fitbit. Not everything can be done on the computer app. Sorry.

wgjohnson1016
First Steps

I used to have interactive charts which I loved … but now they are non interactive charts … bring back the interactive ones

TBirdAnni
Recovery Runner

agree, the desktop app is falling further and further behind the android one (which no longer works on my tablet, so I've had to put it onto my already overcrowded phone)
Being on the oldish side, I prefer to be able to see things nice and clearly on my laptop rather than squinting at my very small phone screen (it was okay when the app worked on my 7" tablet, but the OS on that is now too old to support the app since I upgraded to a Luxe which needs more clever stuff in the app)  

jamiefulen
Jogger

I agree with previous posters.  I would like to see a FitBit app that can be used on my computer desktop.  Not everyone uses a mobile device for everything FitBit related.  Also, since my FitBit dashboard hasn't been displaying the tiles correctly for at least three months and FitBit support has not resolved the issue to date having other desktop options are beneficial to customers.  Knowing there are many different options for fitness monitoring wearable I would think FitBit would want to get this working as quickly as possible.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @DjStephLordPro, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having more options to use Fitbit App Gallery from computers. Thank you all for posting your comments as well. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might be also interested in voting for these other suggestions: Allow support for Windows 10 app for all devices and More options to sync with computers instead using phones. You can also read more about the Fitbit app here: How do I use the Fitbit app?

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

DjStephLordPro
Recovery Runner

Same with me!! I can't use it because the only thing I have to connect it to is my iPod touch, but I can't even do that since the app reqiures a version 13.0 ar higher, my iPod only goes up th 12.5.4!! I don't like that, I don't have a phone I can use either. I barely get to use people I trust phones. My Fitbit would crash on me if I didn't connect it to a mobile device(Not concidering a Laptop), like after at least two weeks. Then when it does sync to my Laptop, it doesn't update the stats on my watch!! I don't know whats going on but I do think something may need to change!! Thats all for now, have a great day people!!!!

ColoGirl2
First Steps

100% aggree. It is a pain in the a** to not be able to do the same functions in the computer app as in the mobile device app. Not everyone has a mobile device with a screen the size of a tablet or small computer. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.