MyFitnessPal app for Fitbit Smartwatches

It would be incredible if they could make a myfitnesspal app for ionic! It could have the choice of your 25 (or more!) most popular foods or a custom list of items you want to be able to log from your Ionic! Also access calorie stats and nutritional info / mircos water and weight logging. For food logging, select the item and then select the meal you want to log it to (uses your custom labels) The app would sync as the fitbit also syncs. This would be super handy for that on the fly snack (these usually are foods I commonly eat)!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

8 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Dear community members, thanks for sharing this suggestion. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit! We’d encourage you to make your suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly! Thanks for your participation in the Feature Suggestion forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

Katelyn8
First Steps

Full Integration of MyFitnessPal for the Versa so you can easily see your remaining macros & calories for the day. 

kristen314
First Steps

In the apps allowed for the Fitbit Versa Watch, there is nothing for tracking calories or viewing what you have consumed for the day.

Imagine you're in line to buy lunch at work and you forget what you had consumed so far and how much you should consume during this meal. This app would allow you to view what you have logged in MyFitnessPal or from the Fitbit App tracking directly. The app would then allow you to log calories/food as well. 

Emasullivan
Recovery Runner

Hey there! 

I use My Fitness Pal to log my food and thought it would be super handy is MFP was on my Versa so I could easily see how my remaining calories or macros. I searched the app store and there's no UA apps at all. 

I know you can link your Fitbit to any under armour account but I was wondering if bringing the apps to Fitbit watches was ever in the pipeline because it'd make thinks so much easier ...

Anyone else like to see this? 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Emasullivan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Lcdeford
Stepping Up

For those of us that use MapMyRun or MyFitnessPal, it would be nice to see that information on the watch. While it integrates in the UA apps, having everything in one place would be ideal

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Lcdeford, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.