New updated clip on tracker

I have had a One for 3 years now and love it but am a bit disappointed that some features are not available on it (e.g.. active mins per hour etc). Please can you make a new clip on fitbit with more features. I really don't want a wrist one at all.

1,086 Comments
Dianne327
First Steps
It was with ebay. They did take care of it and got my money back. It was $170 so I was very appreciative.

Sent from my iPhone
Dianne327
First Steps
Fitbit Support is awesome! I just accidentally deleted my sleep tile and the guy talked me thru a complete reset. He was so kind and so helpful, it was amazing.

Sent from my iPhone
doelbo
First Steps
My problem is not with Fitbit Support. It is Fitbit management that is
dropping the ball.
Dianne327
First Steps
That’s a really good point.

Sent from my iPhone
BarbaraFW
Jogger

Since it appears you keep closing the threads where Fitbit One users are finding out - and lamenting - there’s no good replacement for their dead device, I’ll submit here. Add my vote to those who say they would like to stay in the Fitbit community (with my family), but will not wear a tracker on my wrist (and I find the Zip too basic). We are baffled as to why you have so many wrist models yet are driving One customers to look at non-Fitbit alternatives.  Barbara Armstrong 

HFDarkside
First Steps

I have had my fitbit zip for years and I love it! I would love to have the features of the newer models available to me but I cannot used watch style products. Due to 2 cervical disc surgeries I need to hold on to my treadmill handles because of balance issues. Because I don't swing my arms your other products don't work for me. It would be great to have a clip option on your newer products.

MNTrains
First Steps

Please bring back the FitBit 1.  I do not want any device I wear on my wrist.  I have a watch and that is all I want there.  The 1 works perfectly for me.  It fits in my pocket or clips on my waist band and has great battery life.  I know several people who tried the Zip and were very unhappy with it because of battery life.

EFELD
First Steps

Your zip tracker does not do enough to be useful.  All other trackers are wrist base.  We need a new clip tracker for those of us that cannot wear anything on our wrists.  The fitbit one was a very useful device and I do not know why you discontinued it.  You need to give people options as not everyone can medically wear things on their wrists.

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

Here to add my voice as a One lover.  I started with the Zip and it worked great.  So much more accurate than the 3 cheapo trackers I'd tried before.   But I wanted something that would monitor sleep, and that's how I found the One.
I guess I'm lucky in that my One case has lasted years.  When I come to the site to look into getting a replacement, I find that Fitbit has dropped the One from its product line.  They have trackers that do what I want them to:  count steps, track stairs, monitor sleep. 

But like so many others here, I refuse to wear a tracker on my wrist.
Clipping it to clothing while away and wearing on my wrist at night is the perfect combination.

BRING BACK THE ONE!  Or something close to it.

Rossweisse
Strider

Unfortunately, Sunrider, Fitbit doesn't care about what its customers want or need. You may still be able to find the (recently closed by a moderator) long forum thread on the One and alternatives. If you want to stay with Fitbit, some of the wrist trackers can be worn with aftermarket clips - but I don't think there's anything that does all the things that the One does.

I can't wear a wrist tracker; every single one of them is too big for my wrist. But, again, Fitbit doesn't seem to care.

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

It is true that Fitbit does not care.  I have posted to social media lincuding their pages and they thank me for my honest feedback and tell me that they have something for everyone.  When I respond back they do not have something for people who cannot or will not wear something on their wrist, I hear nothing.  I love my One as flights of stairs is important.  As for the wrist ones, should you be pushing a cart in a store, walking a dog, or carrying anything, your steps will not be counted as your arm is not moving.  So, you could walk miles and not see any steps.  How's that for a tracker?!  Not sure how they can justify that the One was the product to get rid of.  Maybe they should have gotten rid of the big, bluky do nothing Zip. 

Rossweisse - they will probably tell you they now have a kids version.  

Sunrider
Recovery Runner

Believe me, I get it.  I just got off a very disappointing chat with customer service and they pointed me to these forums and voting on features.

My One still works, and I just bought a new holder for it on Amazon.  But I know it won't work forever.  Hopefully by the time it needs to be replaced, Fitbit will have gotten their heads out of their arses and paid attention. 

According to their compare thing, only the Charge 2, Versa, and Ionic have the functions I want.  From the reading I just did, clipping those to the body isn't an option. I guess when this One dies, I'll go see what ebay has.  Then Fitbit won't get any of my money. 

Dianne327
First Steps
I told them they didn’t market it right and they need to bring it back.

Sent from my iPhone
pamvaporbug
First Steps

Consider making a SLEEVE with CLIP for the Wrist  devices => allowing users to easily place device in pocket or clip to pocket/bra.  Think about the FitBit One which provided a small device with a clip which could be used to clip to a waist band/pocket/bra or just placed into a pocket (preventing the device from getting wet / dirty when working in the yard/garden).

Fitbit One offers a small and convenient way to carry the device in a pocket.  I am able to use the device when working in the yard and getting hands wet.  The fit bit one provides stairs climbed, calories, activity level, steps, miles,  and time.   In addition, the sleeve can attach to a waist band or pocket.  The Fitbit One also has a push button to display/toggle through all the fields. 

Note:  The Fitbit Zip does not have the same features and is much larger (not comfortable in pocket).

The Fitbit Zip used "tap to display" feature.  Although this feature works for most, my finger

temperature is too cool for most touch devices to detect => therefore, the tap to display is 

NOT a workable solution.

Murph52
Keeping Pace

Thanks for posting this suggestion! I have been talking with Fitbit Support all week requesting the same thing! Sure hope it happens soon as I will only use a clip model and I don't know how much longer my One will be working as the battery life seems to be diminishing!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

JEH1
Tempo Runner

Hello @ Dianne Rider, @Rossweisse

Good point about the now- locked Fitbit Alternative forum. That forum also has plenty of good advice there for finding lost Ones and reviving "dead" Ones.

One other point: I had quite a problem posting to the forum from my iPhone 5S. Often, my first reply wouldn't go through. I would edit it, and repost. The next thing I knew I would get a caution from the moderator that I had violated the forum rules by " cross- posting". By the time I figured out that my phone was sending BOTH postings, it was too late- I was banned for 15 days from the forum.

I figured I would describe that here in case anyone has the same thing happen.

My One is still chugging along and I remain hopeful that a fresh face in Fitbit management will read the many calls for a One reissue and decide to promote it.

Pears2
First Steps

After an unfortunate water incident lead to the final demise of my 4 year old One, I was shocked to discover that it had been discontinued.  I cannot wear a wrist device (wrists too small), nor do I want to.  The Flex 2 removed from the band would be a consideration except for its charge life which is greatly inferior to the One.  I don't understand why a solid product like the One was discontinued.  Will a new One- like product be released to replace it?

alinap
First Steps

I agree! I'm very upset that the One has been discontinued and the Zip, which was my first Fitbit, does not provide all of the same information. I would love a new device that performs the same functions as the One and to also be discreet. I place my device out of sight and a watch-like tracker is very visible. I really enjoy the One and am getting frustrated with it because of the issues (such as syncing) that I've been having. Not sure what I will do when my One dies.

alinap
First Steps

Wondering if Fitbit will be developing (has already developed????) a new device instead of the One. I'm very upset that the One has been discontinued. The Zip, which was my first Fitbit, does not provide all of the same information. I would love a new device that performs the same functions as the One and to also be as discreet. I place my device out of sight and a "watch"-like tracker is very visible. I really enjoy the One, however, I have been getting frustrated with it because of the issues (such as syncing) that I've been having lately. Not sure what I will do when my One dies, as I do not want a wrist tracker.

Minnie15
Jogger

Please provide Clip-On features for more of the trackers.  My FitBit One, which I always chose to clip to my bra, pretty much just counted the steps i took.  It didn't give inaccurate step count (more steps) due to hand waving.  Also, I already wear a watch and am not comfortable with another item on my wrist.  Unfortunately my FitBit One died, it was "drowned" by my sweat, or I would still be wearing it.it.

So I ask for more of the FitBits to be clip on or have the option to convert to clip on.  You did it with the FiitBit One.  it seems like you can do it with other models.  I just ordered a Flex2 but I'm ready to go to another provider to see what's available in clip on features.  I am an ACTIVE Fitbit user and I Love my FB community of groups and friends.  Get some people on board who are "Clip friendly"--diversity is wholesome!   ::-)

kemOx
Recovery Runner

I was redirected to this thread, from a moderator, so the thread I started and another one requesting a clip-on tracker that tracks steps and stairs be offered.

So, I wanted to say again here that I would like the One to be brought back, or an improved version, as proposed here. Personally, I don’t need other bells and whistles, besides a slim tracker that counts stairs and steps that is not worn on the wrist. I don’t understand why the One was discontinued in favor of the Zip, unless it’s meant to drive people like me to a wrist model, and I’m not willing to do that because of the skin irritation, impracticality, expense, and inaccurate counts.

JEH1
Tempo Runner

Hello kemOX

Thanks for adding your voice. We can all hope that Fitbit changes its mind, I guess.

JEH1

FloidaBB
Jogger

I hope so, mine has a small crack in it that so far hasn't affected it's usage. I just hope it lasts long enough!!

kemOx
Recovery Runner

This may have already been said, but if it helps anyone else: So far it seems that the only places with Ones still available are significantly marked up on Amazon and eBay—for $150 and up.

Other than that, looks like there are a small number of third party sellers that make clips for the Alta. Thought this would have been suitable, until I learned it doesn’t count stairs!! This could work for people who don’t use the stair counting feature?

After that, I found a seller on Etsy, who makes a loop type fabric holder that a Charge or Alta would fit into, but you’d need to clip it around something, like bra strap, belt loop, or shoelace, which isn’t ideal either. I’m worried it would slip from my pocket, then there’s Fitbit’s assertion that it doesn’t count accurately in a pocket. I’m not sure if that’s true, or how significant it is, now that I’ve read other posts that say wrist trackers don’t track if your arms aren’t moving, and they also count steps if you’re moving your arms a lot!

It doesn’t really feel like FitBit cares much about this concern, as they don’t really address the issues with accuracy or accessibility. Medically, some of us can’t wear a wrist tracker, and if it was just the band, why should we have to shell out more money for accessories? For those of us who move our hands often at work, the wrist options aren’t good either, or if you get your hands dirty. And for those of us who want something more “discreet,” that probably doesn’t help them with the free advertising from wandering around waving around their wrist trackers.

Will just gave to give it up or eat the cost, I guess.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.