Next Generation Waterproof Tracker like Charge 2/Charge HR

With the release of the Flex 2, I was hoping for a display on a waterproof tracker, preferably with heart rate tracking. To my surprise, they actually released one (Ionic). Now, the Ionic's great and all, but I'm not really looking to buy a smartwatch as an upgrade to a Flex 2. Therefore, I started brainstorming, and came up with these ideas:

• A "reboot" of the Force, but with the Flex 2 material so that you won't have to issue a total recall of the product (again).
  • A waterproof tracker that somewhat resembles the Charge 2. I'd also recommend clock faces with all basic stats (Steps, Calories Burned, Heart Rate) on a single screen. I don't know how you'll do that, but if you can, then by all means, go ahead.

These are the two that came to me. If anyone has any more ideas, there's a comment section below this post. You guys can come up with your own, or add to mine. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

You'll Mostly Find Me on the Feature Suggestions Page
153 Comments
howardkent
Jogger

Love my Charge HR but it would be so much better if it was waterproof and would count my pool laps and let me get on with my swimming please

Sharonalondon
Base Runner

The Ionic is too big for my wrist and I also don't need any additional features over the Charge 2 I currently have. 

Please can the next version of the Charge be waterproof so it can be used when swimming 

Hogan15
First Steps

I also would greatly appreciate the Charge 2 being fully waterproof. 

WinchMaynard
Base Runner

Yes I agree with this note :memo: and I hope 🤞 to see the waterproof charge 2 in the near future...hip..hip ..hooray !!

Max2121

SteveHonour
Jogger

It really would be great if the Charge 2 tracker was waterproof as I have to take it off when I go swimming also I think a good idea would to have the tracker read blood pressure...is this possible?

regards

steve 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Astumpp780 I'm glad you love using your Charge HR to stay fit! While we don't have any plans to release this feature request on Charge HR, your suggestion to have devices that are water resistant has been implemented on Flex 2 and Ionic. Ionic has a new Swim Exercise mode where you can see your real-time laps, exercise duration and calories burned on your wrist. Water resistant up to 50 meters for use in the pool, ocean, shower or rain. You can learn more about Fitbit Ionic at https://www.fitbit.com/ionic, and the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compareThanks for sharing your feedback with us. 

jocoyn
Base Runner

I would definitely buy a waterproof charge 2. The Iconic sounds wonderful but I honestly don't want something that huge on my wrist and the features on the charge are perfect (I am in the market because I have an older charge and it is time to change!)

Atomic77
Tempo Runner

I think it would be awesome if the charge 2 was made waterproof. 

KatarinaM
First Steps

I am so glad that there are other people out there that agree...I love Fitbit but I don't love the Ionic at all.  I am really hoping they will take our request on board and give us a water proof charge soon...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@random_username This is an interesting idea. As you mentioned, Fitbit just released Fitbit Ionic which is water resistant up to 50 meters. It sounds like you are looking for something like a water resistant Charge 2. However, we don't have any updates to share sight now. Please stay tuned for future products. Thanks for your participation on the Feature Suggestions Board.

DoreenW
Jogger

I had a Charge 2 and gave it away as it bothered my arm (too big).  I wish they would make the Alta HR waterproof to 50 meters for us with smaller arms.

Snowdrop87
Jogger

Hi,

I’d love to see a waterproof case or cover for the current charge 2, instead of buying another Fitbit tracker so soon after purchasing this one. 

It would however be great to see the next generation charge 2 tracker being waterproof.

Abidke
First Steps

The charge 2 band is great....except that its not waterproof and the ionic is a lot more money...so a band with the same features as the charge 2 AND waterproofing would be the BEST band in mid range price bracket....fitbit make it happen!

BunnyHop
Runner

I am looking to buy a new tracker.  FitBit only has water resistance on a couple of models, neither of which fit my needs.

Can we please have waterproof (ie, safe for swimming, kayaking, SUP) Charge2 HR and Alta HR.  

If this is already in the works, can you pleas tell me when the anticipated release date is?

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

random_username
Recovery Runner

@SantiR Oh...that's a shame. Could you let me know when it's in development (if it makes it to that stage)?

BrainWaveCC
Base Runner

The Ionic is a smartwatch.  It's great that it is water-resistant to 50M, but I'm looking for a water-resistant tracker, as I have zero intentions of paying for all the extra features of a smartwatch that I do not intend to use.

IOW, a water-resistant smartwatch does not satisfy the need for affordable, water-resistant trackers.

Grimorg80
Jogger

I agree with BrainWaveCC. I have an AltaHR which is the best mix of simple tracking + heart rate monitor, which really makes all the difference. Heart rate monitoring steps up your game immensely. 

As I go to the pool in my city and I go to the beach on holiday, I would like to be able to track my activities even then. Sand, salt water, chlorine water... I appreciate this is no easy feat. But I would buy it immediately and I would surely be ready to pay more than I paid for the AltaHR.

mwhiteman122
Keeping Pace

Please make more fitbits that can track swimming! Currently there are very few options. I would love if the alta hr or the charge 2 could track swimming!!

hcurvo11
First Steps

It would be great if the charge 2 was made waterproof but still keep the same size.  Even the Alta HR would be good if it was waterproof.  The Ionic is way to big......

@Atomic77 wrote:

I think it would be awesome if the charge 2 was made waterproof. 

alfredogomez
Strider

Make Fitbit Charge 2 Water And Swim Proof

arios92
First Steps

I believe that some people mentioned that some smartwatches are too big for the wrist. I found that Charge 2 is suitable for me as I want a fitness tracker that able to keep track my heart beat. But only Charge 2 is waterproof but not swimproof. So hope that we can get a Charge 2 that able to track swimming lap of Charge 2 wearers. 

alfredogomez
Strider
I Alfredo Gomez Say The Thing. If Fitbit Charge 2 Could Be Shower/ Swim Proof. That Would Be Awesome. Why Are Garmin’s Water/ Shower Proof And Fitbit? I Have High Hopes For Fitbit’s. And Better Challenges Also

Sent from my iPhone
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

it would be best to include the actual subject of the request into the title. 

However it would be best to add your votes to the existing request. Which also has the wrong title. 

CaterhamKid
Recovery Runner

All Fitbit devices trackers should be waterproof. Most other manufacturers devices are. This should be a priority for the next generation of Fitbit devices.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.