Option to remove default Weather app on Fitbit devices

The default weather app uses accuweather which is very inaccurate. Having two weather apps seems very superfluous.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

311King
First Steps

I agree, the pre installed weather app on Versa is not fit for purpose (doesn't allow Celsius and Miles to be shown).  I have downloaded another, more flexible, app and no longer need Accuweather but unable to remove it.  It's very frustrating and inconvenient to have an additional weather app that I don't use taking up space on my watch.

If you are unable to give us the option to fully customise Accuweather please give us the option to remove it

Prodigal
First Steps

It'll be great if we can remove the weather app, thanks. 

SilicicAcid
Recovery Runner

Agree - please give us the option to remove the FItbit pre-installed weather app! 

motovaquero
Jogger

+1 on removing the current weather app.  I would love to have a spot for my own app for sure, but not this one.  Do some research on the owner of the company and his business model.  Not optimal.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes, particularly because it has never worked, at least not on my Versa. (It refuses to update.) I don't know if it's chewing up the battery but even if not, it's taking up space.

courtneytsmith
First Steps

AGREED! The feature has worked off and on every since I bought it last year. I stopped trying because it never worked. I'd love the opportunity to remove it. 

DoC0427
Recovery Runner

I agree some people like the weather App, but for me I never use it and it seems to add time to the sync process.  Only out of convenience, if I could choose to remove the weather app from my Charge or from other devices 3 it would speed up the sync time.

I know it would because the sync bar (in the iPhone app) stops around the 1/2 way point for several seconds (maybe 10-15) only when the weather data is updated.  When I do more frequent syncs (and thus weather data is not updated) the sync is much faster (in the weather app on the Charge 3, you can see at the bottom when the data was last updated).

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks a million for sharing this feature @DoC0427. I hope many users cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show support.

personversa
First Steps

I think you should be able to remove the weather app.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @personversa, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about having the option to remove the weather app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently under "Reviewed by moderator" status. 

drop20
First Steps

I agree.  To add to this, all applications should be ininstallable/deny sync.

Howardta
Jogger

I would like to be able to remove the weather due to battery drain on both the Versa AND the Phone. I already can get the weather from my phone, I don't need any more battery drain due to another weather app.

Ray94903
Runner

I agree that all apps (and displays) should be in the control of the "customer" (only drug dealers call their clients "users")

adam-k
First Steps

Would be nice to be able to remove it.

Indylew
First Steps
We need a way to uninstall apps that come with our fitbits. If you already have that app on your phone the why on your watch.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Indylew, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to remove the Weather app from your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Peterweather
First Steps
My last Fitbit was recalled and now I have the sense and it has a weather app that I have no interest in that I can not delete. What is that? I can’t even place it last on the list so I always have to scroll past a useless app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Peterweather, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to remove default Weather app on Fitbit devices. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Properphatboy
First Steps
Allow users greater control over which features are enabled or installed on their device, i.e. being able to disable weather, on wrist calls, and other features the user doesn't need.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Properphatboy, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to remove default apps from your Fitbit device with us. Because this idea was already requested, we encourage you to see and add your vote to these existing suggestions:

Please note some features such as on-wrist phone calls can be disabled from the Fitbit app. For more details about other apps or features, visit our Help Site.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions and keep adding your suggestions!

Properphatboy
First Steps

This is less specific than those suggestions however, suggesting that this should be the case for any app, not just those specific ones. With the calling I am talking about a way of uninstalling the feature, not just disabling, making the watch no longer capable of taking calls. The feature in the app is way too easy to accidentally turn on.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.