Permanent heart rate display during workout

As a workout enthusiast I would like to view my heart rate on my Charge HR throughout my workout without having to hit the side button.  I would like to see an option that can be set to "keep display on during workouts".

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity and labels.

444 Comments
Flipper97
Base Runner

It would be nice that you can have a setting where if you are working out the HR shows all the time, so you don't have to press the button..depending on the activity you are doing, it's not always easy to do to check your heart rate. Would be nice if you could just glance and it and see it. 

TroyRific
Jogger

Once a workout is started you can swipe the screen to show a different stat such as heartrate, pace, time, etc. Swipe to the HR screen and just leave it there. Only catch is sometimes it gets swiped to a different screen on its own.

Flipper97
Base Runner

What do you mean swipe? You can swipe the scren instead of pushing the button and then that number(HR) stays up? I thought I tried pushing the button to the HR and it stayed up for a few seconds and then disappeared until I pressed again. If I'm doing say the elliptcal machines using my arms it's hard to push a button to see my HR...be nice if it stayed up the whole time. But if there is a way to do it and I'm just missing it, that is awesome! 

SDRunLover
Jogger
I agree. It makes no sense that the primary screen is time of exercise. You should be able to custom set the screen so the primary display is whatever you want it to be -HR, Pace, Distance Etc. My Garmin allows this easily.
DJH1
Jogger

It would be great to have a function that allowed you to display HR during a workout such that you could see whether you were actively in Fat Burning, Cardio or Peak modes....Even a brief flash on/off to that effect which intermmitently appeared every few seconds (assuming there is a concern for battery life if the display is set to full-time on during a workout)....This would remove the necessity to constantly be touching the display to see HR during your workout...and/or allow the double touch to be set to during a work out.

jodab
First Steps

are you kidding me?  I was considering buying the HR for just that purpose.  I honestly can't believe it's not included.  What's the point of a device that takes your heartrate during exercise if you can't even monitor it?  Weird.

smmarczak
Recovery Runner

I agree. It would be nice to have HR on constantly while in workout mode. 

bades
Jogger

It would also be nice to have the app announce the heart as one of the voice options during the workout as well.

amante
Stepping Up
I just bought one PRECISELY for this purpose. Needless to say, I am pissed. It should be up to the consumer whether or not we want to sacrifice battery life.
amybang
Recovery Runner

Please add this.  It's not that easy to reach over and press the button on my Charge HR when I'm riding a bicycle.  It's also not that easy to tap it either - more than half of my taps don't actually make the screen light up.

tamarshmallow
First Steps

Please add this feature.  The whole reason I bought the Charge HR was to be able to look down and see my heart rate.  I can't be reaching over to tap it while I'm running -- it disrupts my form.

sirmorace
First Steps

I agree with the last 3 posts.  I also bought one of these with the primary purpose of using it while road biking.  I HAVE to be able to quickly glance down to see my heart rate. This is a feature, I absolutely assumed would be available on the device or I would not have bought it.

kirkwalker
Jogger

100% agree with this post. You have to be able to see your HR while you are working out without having to tap it......it is rediculious that this is not an option.....we do not care about the battery life that much...we bought the watch specifically to push ourselves and see our HR while working out. IF this is not changed soon I guarante competitors will take your business. This is WHY we bought this watch!!!!!!

kirkwalker
Jogger

HR needs to be able to stay up the whole time while in workout mode....that is why we bought the watch people....

aabean
Recovery Runner
Vote yes. Make it so, Number Two.
Aleksei
Jogger

Add a setting to allow HR display to stay constantly ON during Exercise. What is the point of HR monitor if you cannot actually your heart rate?!

rtct
Keeping Pace

Agree with the above posters.  This would be a great addition and probably the most valuable one to have.

willwhitworth
Recovery Runner

This makes practical sense to display the heart rate on the screen during an activity. I understand that battery life might be a concern. You can at least add an option for those of us that choose to display it when we need it. I really thought this would replace my heart rate watch for use during activities, but since I can't see the heart rate, it's essentially useless. Please fix this!

aflaher
First Steps

I would like to keep my Heart rate on display during my entire workout.  I want to be able to look down at it while exercising and not have to constantly be pushing the button or touching the display in order to see it.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

IHD
Stepping Up

Agree, add the option to show during activity mode, and also add the option to the mobile app, and desktop/website dashboard to stream, show, and log it in realtime.

stephdexter
Jogger

I definitely agree. I love that I can view my heart rate while I'm woring out, but today I would toggle to the HR screen and before the HR -- would disappear with my actual HR the diplay would time out!

Mcffire
First Steps

I would also like to see a continuous display of my heart rate while exercising! Isn't there a way to do this? I tried the double click but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Grimster
Recovery Runner
Right now there are 3 options for HR monitoring. Off, On & Auto. I would like to see another option; Exercise Only.
This will keep the HR monitoring off, thus saving battery life. When you hit the side button and start the exercise mode/stopwatch the HR will turn on until the mode is stopped.
beehappy
Jogger

I'd love to be able to have a continuous display for HR during exercise. Looks like I'm not the only one. Triple click? 3 second hold? Please,there has to be a way!

Diopter
Jogger

Definitely want to be able to just glance at my HR while exercising without having to push a button or tap. I really thought that this was already a feature and that is why I purchased it so I could eliminate the chest strap and watch.This would be a very valuable feature.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.