Switch between Child to parent view without logging out

Right now when going back to parent mode from he child view you have to confirm your password but it then logs you out and you have to re-enter your email and password. Can the password confirmation be the only security instead of having to type in all the extra info?

Moderator edit:  updated subject for clarity

133 Comments
bluru206
Jogger

It would be great if there was the ability to add a profile photo to a Child account (just like you can with a standard account). 

gibbyhome
Tempo Runner

I can’t add a photo ???

how can I add my kids photo !!

@bluru206 wrote:

It would be great if there was the ability to add a profile photo to a Child account (just like you can with a standard account). 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think, 

TSBB
Jogger

I agree. I think you should be able to add a picture to a child's account

Meathook
First Steps

Agreed .  As of right now my daughter is highly upset she can't have her own profile pic. 

Karebear22
Jogger

Same over here. Sad kid due to no pic🙁

Janetville
Jogger

Like all the other comments before me. My 8 year old is pissed he can’t put a picture or make friends with our group. Me too 😞 Having your pic or avatar is a big deal for a kid. (And being able to change it) Once we figured out setup, was the first thing he couldn’t wait to do. 

Mmac15
First Steps

It seems ridiculous that kids can’t have a profile picture, please add this feature ASAP or we will have to return it and get an adult fit bit for my daughter. 

gibbyhome
Tempo Runner

I'm hoping that a developer from fitbit will let us know if they are fixing this or keeping it so children can't add a photo, I would love to know if I need to change my kids age..

Missle
First Steps

Hi, yes we have the same issue here. We got our 8 year old this fitbit ace for his birthday and he too is disappointed that he can not add his own picture or any other for his profile . Please please add this feature in an update. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your idea @Buttercup420. That's a really good suggestion, I'm sure lot of uses will like. Let's wait and see what others think about it.

StuIrv76
First Steps

Photo option on ace please. Upset daughter who wants her picture on the table!

Shelbelle1980
Jogger

When will we get an update on this? Like others have mentioned here I might return it and get a normal one! 

KimboJones344
First Steps

My son would love to have a profile picture!! Please fix this for the ace!!

r0vella
First Steps

I agree as well. Would be nice if you can add picture on their profile. I hope this happens soon!

JSimmon
First Steps

I have a family account and 2 fitbit aces. Even if it is a rule that a child can't put their profile pic, a parent has to do it, that would be great! We can't tell who is who on our challenges because these white and blue heads are bobbing around in the app. Even if there are generic pictures to choose from, it would be great so we can see easily who's profile is who challenges like Pohano Trail, etc.

JSimmon
First Steps

I have a family account and 2 fitbit aces. Even if it is a rule that a child can't put their profile pic, a parent has to do it, that would be great! We can't tell who is who on our challenges because these white and blue heads are bobbing around in the app. Even if there are generic pictures to choose from, it would be great so we can see easily who's profile is who challenges like Pohano Trail, etc.

Anapia
First Steps

My kiddo is so sad she can't add a profilr pic of avatar to her profile. I would think that at least parents will be able to set that up as a measure of security. Looking forward to seeing this feature. 

BarbieAS84
Jogger

Could an option be created for a tile or other view where the guardian on a family account could see the stats of the child members without logging into kid view? I know 7-day steps can be seen on a leaderboard, but parents may want to see other stats such as today's steps, sleep, active minutes, weight, etc., and it would be extremely convenient to have visibility to that without going through the steps of logging out of the parent view and into the kid view and then having to log back into parent view (even if the current password/logout issues are fixed). Even if it were offered on the web dashboard only, rather than on the app, it would be useful.

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

ActiveVegMama
First Steps

Yes!  My kids are so disappointed.   Maybe there could be a parental control that allows the parents to lock out the option of having the kid's actual picture if they so choose?  Maybe there could also be choices for avatars?

JSimmon
First Steps
Yes!! That's what I was saying too. The word avatars was escaping my mind!!
But even a choice for that would be better than these white/blue phantom
heads bobbing around!!
walterafable
First Steps

My daughter is feeling left out. All of her friends (using their parents abandoned accounts) have profile pictures! She desperately wants this feature. I’m perfectly happy to have the parent (me) choose or approve the selected picture, for her safety. Thanks for considering the request!

stephanie1205
First Steps

I also really want the child feature to be able to add a photo.  I don't want to have to get an adult one because I like that the child's does not follow calories.  I don't want my 7 year old worried about how many calories she is burning but she absolutely loves watching her step count climb and her active minutes!  But she does feel left out she can't have a picture to go along with all her family.  I feel that the family account protects her privacy and so only people I allow in the family would even be able to see the photo so her privacy is still protected.

Natternut
First Steps

I also think this would be great. I want to be able to switch between my kids and my account to see the stats and details without having to sign out and sign in every time.  My kids don’t have their own devices so it all goes through mine. This would make it easier to see everyone’s dashboard quickly with so much less hassle. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.