Quick reply option for incoming calls on Versa Smartwatches

I would love to see the quick reply functionality on answering incoming calls. In many situations I use my Fitbit Versa to screen incoming calls. As of now, we have the possibility to answer or decline.

On my phone, I usually send a quick reply when I decline a call. I would therefore very much like this option on the Fitbit Versa for incoming calls, instead of just incoming texts.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

17 Comments
AbbiMoreno
Jogger

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ btw

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Good idea, thanks for taking the time to share it with us. Keen to hear what others think?

AbbiMoreno
Jogger

Yes. Please make this available for everyone 🙂

UnnurKaren
First Steps

I actually thaught this was possible when I bought mine 2 weeks ago. A little bit dissapointed it isn't. So please add!!

fls29
Recovery Runner

This would be an awesome feature on the Versa. It'd be very useful to those of us who can't answer the phone right away on our cell. It would also be useful to those of us who wouldn't want the incoming call notification to be on our Versa at that time due to being busy.

BarnDog
Jogger

Definitely a great suggestion, I need to pull my phone out just to send a quick "I'll call you back soon".

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

I thought my ionic had this option.

Reject call then tap reply

Versa-tility
Base Runner

I would like to reply to incoming calls with a canned response as well. Have separate canned responses for phone calls and notifications (text, emails......). You can currently reject the call wait for the missed call notification and then respond with a canned response but "ain't nobody got time for that"

ArjanV
Keeping Pace

Yes please. Most interesting to send configurable messages back via whatsapp (if the person called has whatsapp, can be checked before sending, if not then SMS)

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

My versa seems to have this option.

Versa-tility
Base Runner
What phone and operating system are you using? I have a Samsung S7 running android 8. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
ArjanV
Keeping Pace

Thanks for your fast response. I should have used some more words, sorry. I can reply on messages (also using samsung S7), but can't send message back when i reject a phonecall (that is what this feature request was about). I would like to reject a phonecall and send a message (with the default messenger, i configured whatsapp as default, but if the caller doesn't have whatsapp then with sms). I can't do that now,

Versa-tility
Base Runner
Agreed, that would be ideal. I originally thought that I could respond to a
missed call but I was mistaken, there is only the option to clear the
missed call notification. I'm sure they can make it happen but right now
notifications are really just associated with apps. The "phone" is not an
app.
Nyusha
Recovery Runner

Same as others, I believed this function is available. It feels like it should be there already, so that will be totally amazing if you add it in your future updates.

The reason is - sometimes the phone is in the pocket or bag, or your arms for example wet, and you don't have a chance to pick up the phone quickly. How easy it would be if you could just quickly send a message from your wrist instead!

I appreciate you made this function for other apps like sms messaging or chatting, but it seems like something essential for the calls as well.

Thanks so much for reading this! ❤

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Binkus
Base Runner

Six additions would make my FitBit Versa perfect...
1 - Water Aerobics, Water Jogging app in the exercise choice that will auto start and count calories burn.
2 - Yoga app with different options of yoga and auto start and calories burn.
3 - Carb Manger app that is owned and operated by Wombat Apps LLC (“Wombat Apps”) to be a choice to add onto the tracker itself. Carb manager let's us add FitBit within its app and FitBit does transfer food intakes and calories burned to the FitBit Dashboard.
4 - Other music apps such as Apple Music, YouTube, iHeart and Streaming options be available for download or/and additional app installation for FitBit that we have on our Smartphones since one may be already paying for another app before getting FitBit.
5 - Like the reminder to get up and move, I would like a reminder to drink water.

6 - Edit or Add my own responses for incoming texts or to a phone call.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Binkus, thanks for taking the time to share your ideas with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.