Count sets and reps

This would be helpful, I would n't have to keep my phone with me while doing circuit training.

Moderator edit: label

29 Comments
Benj4
First Steps

Yes! This would be so nice to keep track of sets or rounds in an AMRAP type workout when its hard to keep track in your head. you could just hit one of the buttons on the fitbit and it ups the count. 

CopperWolf808
Tempo Runner

Would love this so we can track in real time what we lift so we don't need to do the old pen and paper method which in a way kind of interupts my flow when I'm lifting. It's also a bummer that I can't add my weight lifting on some of the apps that I use so I feel like I'm not getting any credit for it within the app. It would be super helpful to see everything in one place.

hadesjack
Jogger
Even if it does not count the repetitions, I would like to be able to easily choose its execution with an illustration and to be able to manually add my number of repetition and the weight, the tracker used for the cardiac activity, the duration of the exercise
bruinsgirl33
Runner

I'd love to be able to add my sets/weight lifted when adding in my strength training sessions! Would give me a better overall picture of how my workout was (and I don't need to add a note on my phone's Note app every time). Please make this happen, Fitbit developers!

HollyDoodle
Recovery Runner

Just got a new ionic in place of my charge 2. I am just starting to introduce weight training to my workout routines and would love it to be able to track reps, sets and kgs so I don't have to use a third app that doesn' even sync with fitbit 

MarcoSven
Jogger

Same here just received the ionic and I want to track reps!!! 

vannormanar
First Steps

Please make this a feature. I figured the ability to track weightlifting would include this feature and I am quite disappointed that it doesnt. 

HyperV
Jogger

Adding another vote here!

Please let us track our weight lifting workouts.  you don't need to count the reps, just let us have a way to enter it in the ionic.  It's now a smart watch + fitness tracker, with an app store, work with some of the good 3rd party weight training log apps out there to get their app more deeply integrated into the watch!  (my vote: Strong app), then let the workout logbook data be integrated/aggregated into the fitbit data set for a user so they can see it with the other things like step counts to get a holistic view of their exercise history!

dramoz
First Steps

My vote.

BlueishHue
First Steps

Agreed! the hardest part about switching to fitbit, was loosing the Actofit engine capabilities, as a person who primarily lifts weight the motion tracking and rep counting was a god send!! 

ykasan
First Steps

Would love to have this feature available on Ionic. would add great value.

Unpatiently waiting 

GeminiRising
First Steps

This definitely gets my vote, this is the feature (combined with decent graphs to track progress) that would bring me (and I believe a lot of people interested in increasing strength etc) back to FitBit. But if your going to do it, do it right! From my experience, if its not done right, it can be an extremely frustrating distraction and result in workouts taking longer.

smoosh911
First Steps

I would purchase anything up to $500 instantly if it could somehow track reps and sets automatically it was quick and simple to tell it what exercise I'm on. For example if I could click on weights and have some custom regiments like "legs and arms" or 'legs and abs" day that I enter in a portal somewhere and have it automatically jump to the first lift and have it start tracking sets and reps. 

KittyGC
First Steps

This would be so helpful! Fitbit is great at helping me get the best out of my run and cardio but not weight training! Still have to pull my device out of my pocket to log and time myself. Adding this feature would definitely help me get the best out of my time at the gym!!!

Status changed to: Third-Party App
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Good idea @songbird1329 and commenters, thanks for sharing. We’re excited to let you know that this Feature Suggestion has been developed by a third party developer, and can be downloaded from the Fitbit App Gallery available on Fitbit Smartwatches. You’ll find it by selecting your connected Smartwatch (such as Fitbit Ionic) in the Fitbit app, then choosing the ‘Apps’ tile and scrolling to ‘health and fitness section’. You can then explore third party apps by category and choose your favorite of the relevant options available. Happy exploring!

Please note that if you have feedback or a suggestion for the third party app, you can contact the developer directly (if they have shared their contact details publicly). Open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’. Thanks.

hadesjack
Jogger
It is not visual and does not take the rest of the information of your choice (cardio, time). I find it really not Convivial and does not meet my expectations. I will not fitbit if a quality application not before my watch change.
smoosh911
First Steps
Is there a specific app you would suggest?

--
Thanks,
Michael Perry
Chronos90
Recovery Runner

I need my blaze to count repetition of my exercise and sets also,pull-ups,push-ups counting it would be great if this happens in my fit-bit blaze

songbird1329
Strider

I’m wondering if they’ll introduce an app for Ionic and Versa that does this.

turnert2
First Steps

this would be amazing. plus you would think that this would be something already implemented for a total fitness tracker, like literal stairs climbed. 

kdkblogs
Jogger

I would really love this feature. My exercise is balanced between strength training and cardio. Adding a way to count reps would open up so many new exercises that could be logged (like burpees 🙂 ). please consider adding.

R3nie
First Steps

Majority of my exercise consists of weight training. Having an option to track sets and reps would be a fantastic addition to the Ionic's arsenal.

MartinGagola
First Steps

It would be great if the fitbit could count reps when lifting weights to give you a better analysis of your workout.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MartinGagola, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature on Charge 2. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Eli_App_D
Jogger

This is an unfortunate area where I am disappointed. I can’t track my strength work out. If I could create my free weights work out and have my fitbit count reps and sets the way Garmon watches do then my Fitbit would be perfect for me. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.