Rest day for goals

There should be some way to program a rest day that has lower goals than the other days. I’m goal oriented, and it kills me to not hit my steps every day, but I need a day where I take it easy.

Moderator edit: Topic for clarification

22 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Anniefrem that's a great idea! I can see how it might be very useful! I'd like to mentioned that there is another suggestion that I think can be similar to yours: Ability to change goals per day, without changing all past days. I can merge them if you wish.

Thanks for posting your feature!

CatRobotPilot
First Steps

I’d love a way to track a rest day’s activity without seeing a drop in my weekly activity. I’m really OCD and when I see that dip in my activity in the app it really discourages me. 

I know I need the rest day to be healthy but...yeah.

TRC1962
First Steps

Did this ever get effected ??? 

doctormichy
Recovery Runner

I think this is a brilliant idea and an absolute must. Not everyone can achieve their goals every single day and that feeling of guilt when you don’t achieve it is a huge kick to your motivation. 

Well done for posting this 👍

iwasmefirst
Jogger

This would be awesome. I tend to hit my goal most days because I hate looking back and seeing I didn't make it

Would also be good for when you are ill.

TammyBoBammy
Jogger

There was another post from someone asking generally about being able to change your goals and not have it affect whether you hit your goals up to that point. This is a similar subject and there is support in the community for both.  

You should be able to set different goals for different days and change your goals periodically while keeping an accurate history of your goals and whether you achieved them.  

26miler
Walker

Excellent suggestion. "Having" to hit a goal every day is a recipe for over- exercise, especially for people with high daily step goals.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

We're able to set how many days a week we want to be active and how many of them are rest days, but the goals are the same for any day of the week. 

It'd be good to be able to set a certain amount of step / active minutes / calories burned as a goal for let's say Monday to Friday or however many active days one has chosen, and then set a lower goal for the weekend or any rest days, as weekly rest is essential for fitness.

Personally I try to workout a certain number of minutes and clock a certain number of steps during the week, and I do way less in the weekend on purpose. But I still want to have a reasonable lower target to reach on weekends so I don't turn into a couch potato on those days.

Right now the high target makes me feel like I'm underachieving on rest days and pressures me to do more than I should, even though I know I'm supposed to rest.

Samulsea
First Steps

I agree with this suggestion. It would also be great on the app if we could add an icon or something to denote a rest day so we can quickly, at-a-glace see why we didn’t reach said goal for the day, or have it lower that day’s goal after being labeled a rest day. 

mk2654
Recovery Runner

I'd like to be able to delete days from my dashboard. Sometimes I just don't want to wear my watch for whatever reason, and it'd be good if data from those days wasn't reflected in my average. I see people have made similar requests, but the threads appear to have been deleted so I'm unsure of the resolution. This could be as simple as telling the app, "I didn't wear my watch on Jan. 1," or it could presumably recognize the watch was stationary with no heartbeat for all or most of a given 24-hr. period.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Agreeing 100% with all the comments on this thread!

Carlb83
First Steps

Hi it would be really cool if we could  adjust goals four different days ie I get Monday Tuesday off  so instead of manually adjusting it I could tick on them two days and set a different goal for the rest of the week I  really hope this can get done 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Carlb83! Thank you for sharing your suggestion. I moved your idea here because this suggestion is very similar to yours. Please do not forget to give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

NamasteMari
Jogger

I think it would be great if we could designate a day of the week for a rest day in the dashboard and not have to hit all the goals. I know that MyFitnessPal allows you to change your macro goals for different days of the week so it would be awesome if Fitbit would have a similar feature and we can have different goals per day. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NamasteMari, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on your Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. This is not currently planned at this moment. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

riedefine
First Steps

Everyone has a “rest day”. A day we like to kick back and do the absolute minimum. Professionals say that we only need 10,000 steps 5X per week, anyhow, so it would be nice to be able to set one or two days a week at a lower goal. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @riedefine, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about having different goals per days. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Dezzzzzz
Recovery Runner
I think we should be able to have a way to check off for rest days so it doesn't mess with our overall fitness goals. Like I have t1 diabetes but can't confirm with my fitbit when I'm taking a rest day due to my illness or when I'm having to eat more calories because of it as well. More options to add info for these things would be great.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dezzzzzz, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option choose "Rest day" for goals. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Juliocjuarezj
First Steps
Fitbit needs to the ability for a user to click “rest day” on their home screen. Or allow us to input rest days ie: work out goal is 5 day, rest goal is 2 days. Another idea is every so many ‘streak days’ you earn a rest day.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Juliocjuarezj, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to set and track rest day goals with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.